Naturist resort? Us? We wondered too. What we found was the most relaxing vacation we had ever taken. There are no telephones, no radios, no TVs, no structure. The place is clothing-optional, which means that you are not obligated or compelled to disrobe. What one discover's, however, is that the absence of clothing is both a metaphor and a state of mind, as well as a state of (un) dress.
If you have ever considered trying a naturist experience--doing without clothes for a time--this is an outstanding choice. Small wonder that 85% of their business is repeat, and 10 time returns are not uncommon.
There is a videotape that is helpful to introduce the resort, especially when the accompanying person is ambivalent about the idea.
Just to make things clear, this is not a "swingers" environment. Median age is 40-50. "G"-rated with respect to behavior. Holding hands is about as passionate as things get in public.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Orient Resort is situated on the white sand beach of Orient Bay on the Island of St. Martin. We offer 137 spacious ocean front or garden bungalows. Every unit is equipped w/ a full kitchen w/ dining area, ACs, Internet access, front/back patio and more. Onsite grocery store, boutique, watersports facility, spa/fitness center, restaurant, beach bar and grill, tennis courts and more. All these conveniences are located on our property where clothing is optional. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Club Orient Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Orient Hotel St. Maarten/St. Martin
- Club Orient Baie Nettle
- Orient Naturist Club
- Beach Club Orient
- Hotel Orient
- Club Orient Naturist Resort