“Nothing is better! (Club O logo!)” 5 of 5 stars

1 Baie Orientale, Orient Bay 97150, St Maarten-St Martin   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Orient Bay
New York City, New York
“Nothing is better! (Club O logo!)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

To appreaciate what Club O offers you have to travel from New York with a Jet Blue plane full of selfish New Yorkers pushing for available luggage space, restricting 8 rows of passengers because of YOUR peanut allergy - well you get the picture. Since most of these people stay on the Dutch side of St. Martin (better deals at hotels) Orient Bay is blissfully clear of aggresive, must win at all cost, people. Club O even moreso because living clothing free tends to expose pretentious discussions and behavior as really stupid. We are all there for the same thing - freedom - from routine, from Long Island, from restrictive clothing, clocks, cell phones etc. Club O offers just enough convenience without the silly frills. The chalets are very homey, warm and more than adequate for living free. Mine was spotless, very well organized and cleaned to prefection every day. Food is available at the Orientique or off campus. Fresh French bread is delivered each day at 8am. It is worth getting up to see 25 naked people in line with baguettes under their arms! The grounds are meticulously planned and maintained. There is a free laundry for those who must - I did and it was wonderful - no lines of obnoxious people as I have in New York. The food at Pappagallo restaurant is very good if not gourmet. There are some excellent French restaurants in the area but most of the Club O residents stay in the club. Now I understand why - you just dont want to get dressed for ANYTHING. The beach at Club O is the best of Orient Bay although if you like waves you need to go further down the beach (and at least wear a thong) where the surf is rougher. Do take a ride on Phillippe's Tiko Tiko catamaran - whatever cruise you choose you will love. The drinks, food and company are wonderful and if your specific group is not that friendly, its ok. The sun the water, the ship will keep you company enough. Generally speaking the people are very warm and while engaging will also leave you alone if that is what you want - there were many backyard readers and groups of freinds who stayed home drinking wine and talking all day. You are free here to live as you want in a respectful way. Cruise ship visitors often head to Club O but then decide they are not ready for naked to go back to the hotel areas. This is a blessing. We are thankful! The staff was very helpful and friendly and the best of all was late check out and a taxi drove right to my chalet to pick me and my luggage up. No hassling the luggage to reception first. What luxury! I intend to go back to Club O exclusively in the future - it is just too good and unique to pass up - and it avoids all the people problems of a big resort island in high season. Just a blissful, happy restful time. It is not really a place for the young as we currently know them. Thoughtful, sensitive young people with some self control - yes but the other kind just would not like this place - too quiet, not enough external entertainment, no TV etc. You must listen to and follow your internal feelings and imagination for the magic to happen. Don't miss sunrise - it is a substitute for Church. Direct light show from God with no intervening interpretations and it happens every day to remind us all how lucky we are to be on the earth at this great and peaceful resort.

Room Tip: Look at a map of the chalets. When you reserve give them a range of choices. They usually cannot gi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stayed at Club Orient for a week, from Dec. 4th to Dec. 11th. This was my 8th trip to St. Maarten/Martin, and Club Orient, between 1991 and 2012.
It's very much like staying at a summer cottage, as the rooms are in cabins of various sizes. I stayed in a studio type of room, perfect for one or two people. I travelled alone, but I was far from lonely. Everyone is so friendly, it's easy to meet people. Club Orient is in a beautiful tropical setting, with lush vegetation. The beach, of course, is the highlight, with soft white sand, and gorgeous turquoise water. December is typically windy, as the locals tell me, calling them the "Christmas Winds". Some days are windier than others. When I felt it was too windy for me to be on the beach, I would spend lazy days on my lounge chair in the garden area by my room, where it was less windy. The sun feels so good, whether on the beach, or in the garden area. Great climate! So wonderful to enjoy it all with the freedom to be clothes free. I felt so completely part of nature that way. Also got a great all over tan! There were two short rainfalls during my week, one for 10 min. and the other about 20 min. Another highlight of Club Orient is the staff. These folks are amazing, amazing, amazing!! They will do what they can to help you enjoy your vacation to the fullest. The Front Desk staff were all so professional and friendy, but I wish to mention two of them who were exceptional.......Junior, and Karima. They exceeded my expectations. I had most of my meals at the Papagayo Restaurant on site. They don't serve breakfast, only lunch and dinner. Free coffee is available in the boutique from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., with an assortment of fresh pastries for sale. If I wanted a full breakfast, I was able to walk outside the resort to a lovely hilltop restaurant called "Paradise View". It's a 20 min. walk, but be careful to walk well to the side of the road, as there are no sidewalks. The server I had at Papagayo for the most part was Ronald. This man is always so jolly and full of life. He always helped to make my dining experience most enjoyable. If you are into cooking, which I am not, each room has full kitchen facilities. You can buy groceries at the boutique. Housekeeping staff is excellent, doing a marvellous job. My studio was always clean and well stocked. I can't wait for the next time I will be able to visit St. Martin and Club Orient.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Our third visit to Club O. I have never been able to relax on vacation like I can here. The beach is unbelievable! We stayed for eight nights and we are already to go back. The guests at Club O are like family! We met many friends that we will see on return visits. Nudity is new to us and my wife has had a very difficult time adjusting to it but on this visit she felt so comfortable with the people at Club O and the beach that she is ready to return!! She loves it!!! So ladies--give it a try--folks here dont care what you look like -at all--and wont even notice. The staff here will do anything to make your stay perfect. The ladies at the boutique store were so wonderful. Willie at the Perch Bar was terrific--makes the perfect BBC-!

Room Tip: A studio although smaller is close to the beach and is a good value
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Cannes, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My husband and I are not naturalists but, already in Saint Martin and staying at a lesser hotel, we decided to give a try to club orient. What a good decision this was. We were able to move in and enjoy 6 days of paradise. What did we like?

- Feeling of total freedom, from the second you settle in your room
- Feeling of absolute relaxation
- Superb casual, no frills, and no pretention atmosphere. What the carribean should be.
- Very comfortable rooms, walk to the beach
- good casual restaurant and bar scene
- Great outdoor showers
- Good location from which to explore the island

This may seem strange to some but we also enjoyed a slight sense of superiority watching all the cruise ship people and other visitors who came to take a look at the beach but didn't dare to join in the experience. You can read in their eyes that they would want to. In many ways I felt sorry for them.

In an age where all resorts are becoming homogeneous, super-packaged experiences, it was nice to find a place that still makes you feel like you are in a special time and place. This experience just can not be beat.

I highly recommend to anyone to give Club Orient a try. You will not regret it.

And don't worry if you are not a naturalist. I was not, and it took me about 5 minutes of looking around the resort to start enjoying the experience. It is clothing optional, meaning you can wear as much as you want, but honestly, even if you think you will want to wear something, you will not once you are there.

Room Tip: The hotel has no swimming pool
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Langley City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

My wife & I just returned from Club O ,were we spent the most relaxing week in the most beautiful resort we have ever seen . I cannot think of anything negative to say .From check in to check out Tam & I were pampered and every concern takin care of swiftly & with a smile by the friendly staff of Club O. Everyone treated us with so well (ALL OF YOU DESERVE TO SHARE IN THE REWARD EQUALLY).We also visited many attractions around the island which were very worth seeing ,but always could not wait to get back "home" (Club O) .We meet many new friends from all over the world which we hope to see again ,I can see why some of the couples have been coming back year after year. We are already planning our next visit & this time were going to pack a lot lighter because it doesnt matter if we even leave the resort , the most comfortable & amazing place to be naked!!!!!! So THANK YOU to everybody at Club O for a great experience and see you soon !!!!!

Room Tip: all rooms were nice , depends on your budget
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Our fifth trip to Club Orient and it just gets better. New beds, wifi throughout, plenty of 120 volt outlets for charging and more. Our favorite anywhere. They've even expanded the Papagayo restaurant menu with wraps.

• Stayed November 2012
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Club Orient is the perfect destination for naturists wanting a relaxing and tranquil holiday. The on-site shop sells a selection of food, drinks, and other things that one might have forgotten to bring. Beach towels are provided and exchanged daily in reception. Once there, one could stay for the duration of the holiday without ever needing to be dressed. All you need is a towel to sit on. The restaurant offers a decent choice of food and the service is always so very friendly. The Perch Bar on the beach is a must for a refreshing cool drink, cocktail or food right off the grill. Club Orient is officially “clothes optional” but most of the guests choose to remain naked all of the time.

Our experience of Club Orient is restricted to October when it is rather quiet, but that's how we like it.

Room Tip: Taxis are easy to hire and not expensive. Cars can be hired from Club Orient if a car is not require...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Club Orient Resort? Share your experiences!