To celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary, we splurged on 40 days at Club O, and have no regrets at all. We again stayed in a mini suite, a great location as we met many friendly people, shared wine and nibbles as well as meals at our unit, and had many interesting conversations. As always, the staff from housekeepers to reception to boutique were cheerful, welcoming and respectful. An empty propane tank was replaced within 5 minutes, allowing us to continue cooking our dinner. The "beach boys" greeted us each morning as we set off for our 7a.m walk, and security said "goodnight" as we ended each evening with our customary walk around the property.
Days of swimming, snorkeling, reading and frequent short walks along the Club O section of beach, as well as daily academic work on the laptop, leave us satisfied and not in need of any night life other than fantastic star gazing.
There are a couple of observations which may be of interest. This is clothing optional, and those of us who are true naturists are a bit amused at the amount of textile worn, not only on the path to and from the beach but even around units. This, as well as the blatant ignoring of the signs indicating that the property is for Club O guests only, raises curiosity as to who really ought to be wandering around the units. Security cannot be everywhere, but cruise ship visitors were occasionally sent back to the beach and reminded of no photos.
We love the "optional" so pack only carry on with a change of clothes for grocery shopping. We have already booked another stay, and look forward to enjoying the warm breezes in a very relaxing environment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Orient Resort is situated on the white sand beach of Orient Bay on the Island of St. Martin. We offer 137 spacious ocean front or garden bungalows. Every unit is equipped w/ a full kitchen w/ dining area, ACs, Internet access, front/back patio and more. Onsite grocery store, boutique, watersports facility, spa/fitness center, restaurant, beach bar and grill, tennis courts and more. All these conveniences are located on our property where clothing is optional. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Club Orient Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Orient Hotel St. Maarten/St. Martin
- Club Orient Baie Nettle
- Orient Naturist Club
- Beach Club Orient
- Hotel Orient
- Club Orient Naturist Resort