“Such kind hearts!” 5 of 5 stars

August Pi i Sunyer 6, 17210 Calella de Palafrugell, Palafrugell, Spain   |
Etobicoke, Ontario
“Such kind hearts!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2007

I stayed at this hotel for two weeks, and in two separate suites.

The first was a ground floor room, directly in front of the grass area, which lots of light and a decent kitchen for a hotel. The windows in the bedrooms were small, but little time was spent in there. The bathroom in that particular room was marble and newer (not fitting with the rest of the hotel). The kitchen appliances were new and clean, yet didn't seem to work as well as they should.

The second room I stayed in was on the second floor, in a separate wing. I felt removed from the hotel, and I didn't enjoy that aspect. There were some perks, like the fabulous balcony drenched in sunlight. It also had a view of the water. This room however was older than the previous room I stayed in. It did have the ant problem, but that was limited to the bathroom. I didn't think it was a huge problem, as long as food wasn't brought into the room. One time I did light them on fire because I was a little fed up.

On to the rest of the hotel. There were lots of lounge areas in the hotel, most of the seemed like wastes of space, but if you wanted to escape your room, it was possible.

The pool area was quite nice. Many seats, lots of shade if you wanted, and little wind. It made a difference compared to the sea. The nice thing about the pool, were the jets that kept the water flowing.

The best part though, was the buffet breakfast. These Spaniards know how to eat. Limitless treats, pastries, eggs, and fried pork. The orange juice might be a little acidic, but it was quite elaborate for this family hotel.

• Liked — The Eggman, he comes around everyday asking what type of eggs you want.
  • Disliked — The architecture of the complex.
  • Stayed July 2005
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Staffs, England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2006

This has to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Our room was infested with ants. They were all over the bathroom, the floor and then ended up in our cases. In fact, I picked three ants off my boyfriends clothes while we were in a restaurant. When I spoke to the hotel - they said they were aware of the problem. They had no other room they could offer us and initially refused to give us a discount on the £110 a night room saying that if we didn't like it then we should book somewhere else!!!!!!!! This is certainly no three star hotel. Do not go!

Been to Hotel Port Bo? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Port Bo

Address: August Pi i Sunyer 6, 17210 Calella de Palafrugell, Palafrugell, Spain
Location: Spain > Catalonia > Province of Girona > Costa Brava > Palafrugell > Calella de Palafrugell
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Calella de Palafrugell
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Port Bo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Port Bo Hotel

If you own or manage Hotel Port Bo, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.