“A wonderful hotel in a magical setting” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Albamanjon
Camino de San Pedro 16, 02611 Ossa de Montiel, Spain   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ossa de Montiel
Gandia
“A wonderful hotel in a magical setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

Spent one night here whilst following the Ruta Don Quixote, and this was the best night of the holiday in fact we wished we had booked for longer, a unique room with the cliff-side stone forming one wall, nice view of the lake, (which is a magical place).
These lakes are home to wild birds and flowers, saw Azure winged magpies, Marsh harriers in a beautiful tranquil setting.
The food and wine was first class, the service friendly, we will go again.
The jacuzzi bath however was a disappointment, it needed so long to fill that the water would have been cold - the shower worked perfectly however.
Also this was April, and I suspect that in July and August or on bank holidays and weekends the Lakes are not so tranquil - so be aware if those are the times you intend to travel.
Definitely a wonderful place to spend a few days.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

merseyside
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

had the pleasure of being taken to this hotel as a treat by my Aunt & Uncle on my recent visit to Spain.

I stayed one night in the room "La Tinaja". The hotel looked fab from the road and I was not disappointed when I saw my room. The bedroom and the bathroom were tiled and the room had been decorated with perfect taste to match the surroundings. I couldnt fault the room and it was spotless.

The view from the terreace outside my room was fabulous and I even had my own table, chairs and sun bed to sit at admiring the view of the lake.

The meal we had at night was a feast and was excellent, with a brilliant recomendation for a fab red wine . The owners of the hotel are a young Spainsh couple who gave one of the warmest welcome I have received anywhere.

I would not hesitate to recomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2004

I was in this hotel with my familiy in August 2004.
The sorrunding place is really amazing (lagunas de Ruidera). The hotel in August is a nightmare if you are looking for some relax.
The supposily private beach is not private but full of locals with loud speakers. All the Lagunas are packed with locals using their cars just for everything. This is not a natural park is more a "car park".
The service is extremelly cold and far from friendly. The rooms are not very clean.
The food is correct with some good local wines. Try Ilex red wine. Perhaps off season is better but you should not go there in summer.

Been to Hotel Albamanjon? Share your experiences!