“One of the good hotel at Tawau” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Emas
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   TB 2103, North Road, 91000, Malaysia   |
Ranked #7 of 9 hotels in Tawau Division
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
“One of the good hotel at Tawau”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I like this hotel. Just nice, cosy and clean. Staff also quite friendly and food is good. I like this hotel and will recommended to everyone who came to Tawau for a night or two. Value for money.

Room Tip: Top floor better, less noise
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

16 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Ipoh, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Have been staying at Emas Hotel, Tawau for many years now & their service, cleanliness of the rooms & quality of breakfast is still the same - without any complaints.

Room Tip: All room are o.k.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I stayed in deluxe room for a night. The hotel building is a bit old, the lobby, reception and receptionist is nice, the room a bit small, with furniture worn out but you're provided with all room necessities and bathroom also had bathtub. The cleanliness is average, but looks a bit gloomy due to 'old-age'. View from room is nice - sea and part of old Tawau town. Overall, for a price offered, it is cheap but you get 'cosy old-age 3-star hotel'.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

The hotel looks ok, though it is a bit old, but the management did try to keep the standard on par. The room, bathroom and sheets are clean. But the fridge is quite filthy with stains and smell. TV channel selection is very limited, only comes with local programs and sports channel.
Hotel surrounding has got nothing much to offer, it is situated in the old Tawau town. The staff are polite and helpful.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

We stayed in this business hotel for two nights, as we wanted to visit Tawau and the Quion Hill cocoa estate. Somehow we got upgraded to a large suite, which comprised a lounge, bedroom, dressing room and bathroom. There was also a fridge, and a flatscreen TV, and separate aircon for lounge & bedroom. Everything was clean & worked well.
Breakfast was a buffet with fresh fruit and cooked options. Something for everyone. The staff were helpful and polite.
We found that it is only a short walk to the town centre, and the seafront, both of which have a lot of very good value restaurants and cafes.
Overall, it was a good stay, and the upgraded room was a pleasant surprise.

Room Tip: Try to get the suite - there is no harm in asking if it is available.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

I recently stayed at Hotel Emas for business trip. I stayed at executive floor for two nights. Generally, I felt the room condition was clean and comfortable. I especially like the concept of executive room design with clear partition of living room, bed room and dress room. The room gave me a English feel when I put my first step into the room. I used to stay at different hotels during business trips or vacation in several countries. To my knowledge, this is the first hotel developes their customized made hand soap and bath soap by using cocoa material. I also tried few dishes at hotel restaurant during my lunch time or dinner. I will recommend the "fish sliced meat with vermicelli soup" to my friend. It is one of the authetic Malaysian hawker food. In future, if I plan a trip to Sipadan island, I guess Hotel Emas will be in my list.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Melaka
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2010

I would like to share my first memorable trip to Tawau after hearing so much about it. My friend and I stayed in Hotel Emas from Jan. 30 to Feb. 1, 2010. We were receipt by the hotel staff upon arrival at Tawau airport and the scenery was beautiful all the way to the hotel. The bellboy was very courteous, the front office staffs were very polite and friendly and our check-in took us less than 5 minutes.
The room was clean and spacious, a Truly value for money accommodation. To our surprise, the hotel provided complimentary coco 3 in 1 sachet and coco soap in the room. The coco beverage was exquisite and I was intoxicated by the fragrant of the coco soap after my shower.
The breakfast was simple and nice, with coco drink - my favourite now, coco butter, bread, friend noodles, etc. The Amazing thing is that this is complimentary with the room.
We took a tour package offered by the hotel to coco village and coco museum. The journey to coco village was impressive: with our first experience of seeing coco trees and coco fruits, first hand information on the goodness of coco, the usage of coco in beverages, dishes and even such thing as coco rice and coco noodle. Amazing indeed. In the plantation, we went to a water fall which is very exclusive and the rock formation was very unique and natural. If only my other family members are with me there.
The coco museum was very informative and the sweet aroma of coco emanating from the factory had me wanted to breadth in more and more.
We had our steamboat dinner at the hotel. Good variety of seafood that come along with individual hygienic mini steamboat. For the second night, we had Chinese food in the restaurant. The food was delicious and fairly priced too.
We wish we could stay 1 more night to join another tour to a man-made island named Roach Reef offered by the hotel. But we did not want to forfeit our Air Asia tickets and pay for other new tickets; we told ourselves we shall return with more people next time.
Cheers to Hotel Emas for the commendable facilities and services.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Emas? Share your experiences!