“Very knowledgeable dive instructors” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Froggies Divers Bunaken

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bunaken Island
Froggies Divers Bunaken
2.5 of 5 Lodge   |   Liang Beach, Bunaken Island, Manado, Bunaken Island 95555, Indonesia (Formerly Froggies Divers)   |
Bali, Indonesia
“Very knowledgeable dive instructors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

On my second trip to Bunaken I chose to dive with Froggies and would probably stay there the next time also. Nice cabins, good food and most of all very knowledgeable dive instructors is the main reason for that.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Vilnius, Lithuania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Extremely nice staff, great food, chilled atmosphere and nice divesites. We stayed in small but clean room with private bathroom and nice view to the sea.
Dive gear quite new and well maintained.
Will come back some day for sure.

• Stayed November 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Just spent 5 days with my girlfriend at Froggies. Very nice bungalow settlement, quality lodging, service and of course outstanding dive options.

All bungalows offer good standard of accomodation; cleaned daily; free laundry available for all guests.

Only one setback : stay away if you are not diving. The beach suffers from the garbage brought by the sea from Manado, and there is not much more to do.

Diving opportunities are excellent however. We did our Padi Open water with Chris Gloor as dive instructor (very good, safe, professional and nice instructor!) plus a couple of leisure dives and were already overwhelmed by the beauty of the underwater sealife our beginnner-eyes could see.

The prices are high for Indonesia, and no swimming pool

• Stayed August 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Overall, the location, room, diving are good.
The room that I stayed does not have an A/C, so it was hot in the afternoon.However, they are comfortable and huge. I got 2 rooms in my bungalow and with 1 big living room. Also, there are alot of mosquitoes but that is beyond their control. The food is great and the staffs there entertain us with their ukulele. There is nothing much to do there at night except for having few drinks at the bar. Simon the instructor there is a very friendly and humorous guy.
The diving experience is great. The staffs there prepared our diving equipments and cleaned them before we check-out the resort.

Room Tip: Try to get room that is nearest to the dining area and dive centre. The further ones require strong...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Overall being by Indonesia three times and Thailand twice on dive trip I must say I had great diving there however not great stay at all, hopefully if they can improve on below comments which may give me enough reason to come back again!?

Diving:

I was welcomed with a surprise that they cannot provide Nitrox tanks however in correspondents I was told it is available, and highly recommended dive Nitrox there!

Guides tend to know the area very well but only certified as PADI Advanced Open Water Diver; being PADI Pro. Didn’t mind however in case of any dive accident I am not sure they are trained to rescue any diver!?
I dived with two dive guides during my stay Shandy was much better than the other one.

Boat crew seems careless about divers or not been properly trained as I and Shandy (Dive Guide) were left on the surface for 30 min. while we signal with SMB on safety stop as well as at the surface with whistle! Knowing condition / currents can be very rough I did not have good feeling at all!

Resort:

The resort is fairly old and not in great condition since I had time to have look around some other resorts nearby and saw them in much better condition.
Rooms are equipped with fan only however due to humidity I suggest you need A/C but not provided in Froggies.
Hot Water is available; remember water is somehow salty water not only in Froggies but whole Island.
Drinking water will be in jar and glass in the room and refilled everyday, I did not like this and I found one small lizard in the jar (No Joking)!

Food is all local Indonesian not great (I had better Indonesia food elsewhere) plus most of the times served cold and very small dish!
Tea and Coffee is available in living room (the main hall) all the time, sugar is having small ants in it so you can have you tea / coffee with sugar + ant or no sugar!!

Staffs are nice but hardly speak English, apart from Benny (GM) and Chris (Dive Instructor) who both speak few languages! I must say Benny is very helpful man!

Free laundry service however I tried my laundry on first day, given them White colour and received in Grey!

Wi-Fi is free but speed is not great at all! Took me three days to book my hotel in Jakarta!

There is no TV, no Music and no Bar in whole resort, seems like it is banned for the resort to have such thing by management? However a bit of music (any kind of music) would make whole place a bit lively.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
little red dot
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

There were only abt max 7 guests at the resort when we were there...the focus now seems to be lazy diving...max of 2 day dives n 1 night dive....unlike other resorts where u can do 4 days a day...there's wifi throughout which is good cuz there's really nothing else to do here...it was too hot to sit at the balcony of our bungalows so most of the time we were hanging out at the restaurant...the food was good...I liked the tea time snacks....there's a village nearby but we didn't go n explore...dive guides were young but good....now for the bad...the email responses to our enquiries were so bad...as in they got my dates wrong even after I repeated myself like 3 to 4 times...in the end I had to call to speak n confirm personally...really kind of frustrating..so first impressions were not good at all..esp compared to the very efficient communication I was having simultaneously with another resort I was going to stay with after froggies...and the very worst thing was that some sick pervert filmed or take photos of me with his phone which he squeezed through a gap on top of the wall when I was showering !!! He must have known that i was the only single female guest...the horror !! So ladies beware...I was staying in Pygmy when this happened....the mgr was very apologetic and we were upgraded to a bigger bungalow for the rest of our stay...but still I will be paranoid whenever I use a resort bathroom for a long time...or at least till my 40s when no one will want to peep at me anyway ;-p

• Stayed September 2012
Wetzlar, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

here you can concentrate yourself on diving. Everything will be prepared by the friendly stuff & you can be sure, that the diveguides know the divesides very good. They can show you everything!!
The rooms are VERY clean and the moskitos kept away from the whole resort because of fogging them several times in the year.
The food there is very good and everything is included. When you want to leave one day before or cannot do a dive, they will not put it on the bill.
Everything is included in the price they told you, also the transport to & from the island.
Something special is the magic-box: You put in your cloths in the morning, and when you come back in your bungalow from the second dive in the afternoon, your clothes are clean and lying on the bed.
Making holiday and relaxing with diving and without any thinking is really possible there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Froggies Divers Bunaken? Share your experiences!