First lets give all the tips:
- if you want to go dive in Bunaken you must stay at the Island. Do not even think on stay at Manado because this will cost you at least 40min every day to reach the island and more minutes to reach the dive spot. Do not forget that you will have to come back another 40+ min to Manado after dive
- Bunaken is a hot place so to find a hotel with Air Condition is a plus that makes a lot of difference
- Dive always depends on the instructor and the dive company. It is important to get somebody that knows all the places, tides, right time, adequate boat and tips to dive. Not all dive companies in Manado have all this points
- Have a hotel that has a beach in front of it is another very nice quality. It allows you to do snorkeling if you don't want to go out on a boat or relax under the sun.
- the best time to go to Bunaken is from March to October to avoid the raining season.
- it is a must to set in advance a transport from the airport to the docks and to the island. This will save you time and problems. For sure the transport must be reliable, clean and safe.
Now after many researches that I did the ONLY hotel that has all this characteristics is the Bunaken Island Resort.
Beside of that the manager and the people that work on the hotel are amazing and gives you an excellent experience.
The logistic to pick us up from the airport and the return after finish the vacation was amazing and with good quality.
The "House" that we stayed was huge. It had two rooms (1 with king size bed and another with 2 single beds both with air condition). The living room was big and it had another 3 beds, raising up the maximum number of people to be in the house to 7, even though we are a family of 4 with 2 kids (10 and 7 years old). The kids loved the place and their own room.
All bed have their own Mosquito net to sleep well without being bothered by the Mosquitos.
The bathroom has a shower under a part without roof. So take a bath at night seeing the stars is an amazing experience.
The food was very nice and more than enough for everybody, including fresh fruits as deserts.
We celebrated our 17th marriage anniversary there and they even brought us an amazing chocolate cake for us as a surprise.
The diving company is just beside the hotel (yellow house) and the owner is a foreigner that has more than 10 year living on Bunaken managing this diving company, so he knows what he is doing and have the right infrastructure (nice boats, nice equipment and always find an excellent spot to dive).
In summary, for sure we are going to come back to Bunaken to dive another time and we will stay on Bunaken Island Resort again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bunaken Island Resort and the Dive Centre are located at Liang Beach of Bunaken Island. The resort provides spacious and luxury accommodation in a tranquil and lush tropical environment with two Villas (150m²) and 6 Bungalows (65m²), all built in the famous Indonesian Minahasa Style and tastefully furnished. Balinese-style en-suite bathrooms with a hot shower tub and an open-roof shower, Wifi-Internet throughout the resort, air-conditioning, grand balconies with large hammocks for chilling out are standard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Bunaken Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.