“Everything was perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Two Fish Divers Bunaken

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bunaken Island
Two Fish Divers Bunaken
Save Saved
You added Two Fish Divers Bunaken to your Saves list
Pangalisang Beach, Bunaken Island 95113, Indonesia   |
Stockholm, Sweden
“Everything was perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

Took my OW-padi at Two Fish and have nothing bad to say. The staff was very nice and helpful and the resort was beautiful and at a perfect location. The divecourse was excellent, with a good teacher and amazing divelocations.

• Stayed June 2012

229 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Two Fish was a great first experience for diving. My wife and I took our Open Water course there and added on two extra days of diving as well. Dion was a great instructor and we felt that we came out of that class as very competent divers. Other divers were taking more advanced classes and it looks like they were enjoying their experience as well. The facilities for that are very nice. The coral walls there are beautiful and the equipment, boats and dive guides were very good. The food was great and the budget room was pretty nice. Although we feel that the guides would benefit from a little better English, our guide was safe, great underwater and showed us some really cool things among the coral walls.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

First class. A totally professional operation. Accommodation spotlessly clean, good food and plenty of it. The owner even personally imported two 15 liter tanks from Bali to extend my dive time, where else would you get such service.
Dive operation slick and seamless and at all times friendly and professional.
WE WILL BE BACK!!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

From the moment you arrive at the airport everything runs like clockwork - after living or traveling for a while in Indonesia you expect hassles or delays - but definitely not here - this is by far the best run dive centre I've visited - the resort is very well managed, rooms are clean and food is great (always lots of salad :-) the diving here is spectacular and again is well managed. Most importantly the resort managers really make sure you have a good experience but also provide great educational information about the marine life. Definitely good value and made for an exciting but also very relaxing break!

• Stayed April 2012
Shropshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

When we arrived at Manado airport we were met by a representative of two fish divers who promptly loaded us and our luggage in to a car for the journey. We arrived at the pier within 35 minutes and were told that the boat would be a couple of minutes. Eventually the boat arrived after 45 mins and then disappeared for another 90 mins. Like the previous contributor we waited and waited until the boat was unloaded and loaded. From landing to the resort was 4 hours which is not welcome after a long journey.

We were welcomed at Bunaken and were soon served a nice cold beer whilst we completed the various forms. Afterwards we were shown to our room and the luggage was soon delivered. The room was spacious and it was a nice surprise to find a large full water fountain. There was a double bed and shelving, also 6 wooden pegs to hang clothes. The bathroom was a wet room, spacious with plenty of hot water. We had a balcony with two chairs, table and hammock, a hot water flask was delivered to the room in the afternoon, however, by morning the water was lukewarm so if you like early morning drinks take a travel kettle.

The restaurant and bar area were great places to meet people of various nationalities and I was amazed at the experience level of many divers, we have 250 dives but felt like novices. Our equipment was loaded on to the boat ready to dive, changed between dives and unloaded and rinsed out. The first day we saw sharks, turtles and much reef life. We had a guide for the 2 of us and he had an extensive knowledge of the dive sites and could spot many critters. The boats were never crowded and there was plenty of water, fruit and biscuits available.

The restaurant was designed to allow divers to discuss the days diving, share tales and generally chat about previous destinations. There was always wi-fi access in the restaurant and bar area. The food was Indonesian, akin to a Chinese palate, there was a bowl of hot chilli available to spice up the food. The food was good but after 2 weeks my husband was desperate for western food again. The breakfast was cereals and eggs, sometimes bananas and the fruit was a bit hit and miss.

We transferred to Lambeh for the second part of the holiday, again transport is an issue, we paid for the transfer but we had to share a car with a driver and 2 other members of staff. It was the most uncomfortable car journey we have ever encountered; we were so compacted together we could not get to our water or move our legs for nearly 3 hours.

We moved to Lembeh after a week and the setup is very similar except that Lembeh’s accommodation is slightly better and the bar area is much bigger. However, the main difference was the diving, the first day I was apprehensive and wanted to return to Bunaken. However, after I had appreciated the difference between the two sites and respected the vast amount of life I was hooked.

Both resorts offer 5 star diving, the accommodation is basic but adequate and it is lovely to fall asleep to the sound of the sea. The guides are very knowledgeable and the staff are friendly. I definitely would consider returning but would take a travel kettle. I would rate this 5 stars except for the transfers and the lack of variety of fresh fruit.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I stayed in Two Fish Divers last month and absolutely enjoyed my time there. Everyone was so friendly, the food was good and it was very homey. I made an impromptu decision to take on the diving course and I'm so glad I did it with Two Fish. My dive instructor Dionne was really great! He was patient, reassures me so I won't get scared and viola, I passed the course in just a few days. The owners were also very nice and would share their stories of different dive experiences - scary and funny. Overall I love it! I can't wait to come back again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

We had previously stayed at Two Fish Lembeh which we had am amazing time at and I'm glad to say Bunaken was no different, run with the same efficient friendly staff and great food. Looking forward to visiting the new set up in Bali

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Two Fish Divers Bunaken? Share your experiences!