“Just along from the D-day beaches” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Percy, France
43 attraction reviews
“Just along from the D-day beaches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

You have to see this - as soon as I arrived I remembered it from the old films....

Visited September 2011

Knoxville, Tn
74 attraction reviews
“Skip this one”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

We spent 9 days in the Normandy area visiting all the sites and museums related to the events of 6 June, 1944. We can say out of the 9 days the Musee Ranger Museum was the only disappointment. This museum can be officially labeled a "tourist trap". The previous reviews are exactly right. The film is a complete joke. Please, save your euros and skip this museum. The rangers at Point Du Hoc deserve so much more. Skip this museum and just go to the actual site (just down the road).

Visited October 2011
Washington DC, District of Columbia
203 attraction reviews
“Disappointing......”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

The Ranger Museum in Grandcamp Maisy is very small, with a number of outdated displays. The movie they show upstairs is primarily cut from the movie, "The Longest Day" and news reports from 1984. If you have a keen interest in the Rangers, then please go, if you don't, then there is no need to go. All the information you could want can be found at numerous museums throughout the area. I am glad I went to see for myself as it was closed when I tried to go last year (closed Mondays), but I see no need to return.

Visited July 2011
Manchester, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
“Not worth the petrol.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

I went this year as I remember having been many many years ago with my parents. And tbh there just wasnt anything in there. Its just bigger than a garage. and they play what looked like park of saving private ryan on a screen upstairs..... I can watch that at home surely?

Much recomended the maisy battery just outside town. So much better!

Visited July 2011