“Enroute stop for lunch, great find just of Autoroute” 5 of 5 stars

2 Passage Michu, 76270 Neufchatel en Bray, France
33 2 35 93 14 60
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Les Airelles is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Canterbury UK
“Enroute stop for lunch, great find just of Autoroute”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We pulled of Autoroute on our way back to Tunnel. Just saw this Logis up a side road from main street. We had the 30 Euro menu which was very good and complete as it started with what they called a small starter the a Starter of Smoked Salmon in mango and lime dressing this worked really well. The a little Trou Normand followed by Lamb for me and Veal for my wife, both very good with 6 different vegetables. Nice cheese board and good dessert. Our Golden Retriever was also looked after and given water. Will use this stop again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

73% Recommend
Derby, United Kingdom
“Can't help returning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

This was my fourth visit here but my wifes first. We were travelling south and chose Les Airelles for an overnight stop as I wanted my wife to experience the cuisine. I was not disappointed, as on each occasion I have been the quality was excellent. I find the menu a little confusing there is lots of choice at different levels presented in a way I haven't come across before. It doesn't detract from the quality of the food though, I like my meat rare (seignant I believe) and it was certainly that. The French generally think that we English like our meat well done so be sure to ask for rare if that is what you want. The restaurant is well presented and the staff very helpful we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will call again.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
uk
“Excellant dinner - worth the visit!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

We chose the 28E menu which offered everything we enjoy when eating in France. Great giant prawns, good foie gras and an excellant fish soup were our starters followed by 2 duck and a lovely stuffed monk fish; deserts were good to end our dinner. An apple sorbet doused in calvadous was beautiful and provided an excellant break between courses. Service was a little slow and that was due to a full house, however we didnot suffer. The wine list is not over long but well balanced and with average prices; the only surprise was iceless and lemonless G&T's which was soon rectified however this establishment should know the standard required for aperitifs as a campari also came with 2 tiny icicles. The restaurant is well presented and comfortable and one which I would recommend - we also stayed in the hotel which is a serate review.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Melts in the mouth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

Salmon starter, chateaubriand main and cheese to finish all beautifully presented and tasted even better!!!
Before you start however you are showered with tasty apetisers and olives etc.
Home made bread yum!
Great wine list at reasonable prices.

Overall excellent meal

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

We were looking forward to a real gastronomic treat, from the tone of the other reviews, but were disappointed. The lamb was severly overcooked - something one doesn't often find in France, particularly in an establishment which has pretensions to fine eating. The other dishes were at best adequate. Avoid the salted chocolate dessert (nems au chocolat). For 23 euros, the dining room is very pleasant, and the service was fine...but we were there for the food and the restaurant did not match up to its billing.
I'm sorry to say it (because we went well out of our way to visit this place), but we've had consistently better cooking in Le Routier restaurants.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere