“Yet another relaxing stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trewythen Lodges

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Llanidloes
Trewythen Lodges
You added Trewythen Lodges to your Saves list
Llandinam, Llanidloes SY17 5BQ, Wales   |
Mold, United Kingdom
“Yet another relaxing stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Just back from yet another break at trewythen lodges,the lodge as normal was clean
and very comfortable,the hot tub was great,if you want a relaxing holiday,this is the
place to stay,great walks/shops etc,ann and paul (Owners) always available if needed.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Merthyr Tydfil, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

My Husband and I stayed here for two nights 15th to 17th of November, it was supposed to be three but we decided to come home early due to the owners. The cabin itself and location was lovely and clean and I cannot fault it, it was the owners and restrictions I found spoilt our stay. We felt like the whole time we were there we were being watched and felt like we could not relax because of this not what you want from a relaxing spa holiday. We knew before arriving there were restrictions on the hot tub and all restrictions were explained in length and great detail at the beginning of our stay although when using the hot tub we felt we could not relax as my husband had to go back and fore to the cabin to check the time so we were not in the for longer than 30 minutes for fear we would be told off. On the saturday night of our stay my husband did not go to bed until gone 1 am and had been smoking outside on the veranda when i got up the next morning at about half past 6 and went outside I could see the ash tray had been emptied on our veranda and chairs tucked neatly under the table, this made me feel a bit uncomfortable and even more so as if we were being watched as during the early hours of the morning the owner must have come up to our cabin to do this. There was also problems with the sky and most of our holiday there was no picture. The log fire I had been looking forward to relaxing in front of was timed, there were signs to make sure heating was turned off and it seemed although the holiday was not a cheap holiday the owners really wanted to cut down on costs. On the Sunday of our stay it was my husbands birthday and we were planning on going out for Sunday lunch, I was missing my children terribly as it was the first time I had ever left them so decided to drive an hour home and back so they could come to dinner with us before taking them back. I took my children to the cabin to show them and so I could get changed to go out for dinner, within 5 minutes of my children being there the owner knocked to say she had seen children entering the cabin, my husband explained to her they would not be staying long but we wanted to take them out to dinner with us before taking them back and they were waiting for me to get changed to go to lunch, he was told this was against health and safety as there was only one bedroom there and they had to leave immediately. Why it mattered there was only one bedroom when they weren't staying I don't know but i think for the sake of half hour this was very unreasonable of the owner and proof to me that we had been being watched as she was knocking the door within 5 minutes. My children were inside the cabin, not causing harm or disturbance to anyone and were not staying for long! This along with other little things during the weekend made me feel uncomfortable and just want to get home a feeling I have never ever had when on holiday before, we tried to check out shortly after but the owners were not around so we left. I would not recommend this holiday to anyone especially for the price you pay i have been on much nicer holidays elsewhere, the location and cabin were beautiful its just a shame about the restrictions and owner.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
bluebellwalesWales, Owner at Trewythen Lodges, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. As you were aware, you were in breach of contract during your stay with us. Blossom lodge is a adult only one bedroom lodge. We are not insured for children or more than two people to sleep in this lodge and do not mind day visitors on site.

It was brought to our attention that children had entered the lodge and we had to follow what we were told through. I had not asked yourselves to leave, and explained why the children were unable to stay over. Visitors are not watched during their stay and this is why we are lucky enough to get many repeat visitors.

With regard to the hot tub, the health and safety guidelines are not our rules, but we do have to explain them. We do not go around telling people to get out after 30 minutes, but do expect them to follow the health and safety and manufactures guidelines. All hot tubs have timers on them, so nobody needs to keep checking the length of time they have been in them.

We have to work on the hot tubs in the evenings and early mornings so they are in prestige condition for everybody to use. This is done quietly and does not disturb visitors and as for emptying the ashtray and putting chairs tidy, this is done for visitors benefit, not because we are watching.

The electric log fire stays on for two hours and can be turned on straight away after it goes off and the television in Blossom lodge is freeview. It was and is still working during your time of stay. If it had not been working then we were never informed by yourselves.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

This is the first time we have stayed in a lodge and it really felt like we had spoilt ourselves. We stayed in the Jasmine Lodge which was spotlessly clean with everything you could need.

We had a warm and friendly greeting from Ann on arrival, who explained everything in the lodge including the hot tub and sauna (it was our first time in both of these so was glad of the information).

The lodge was perfect in a gorgeous setting, very quiet and surrounded by fields full of sheep. The only noise we heard at night was the cows mooing in the far field.

We will highly recommend this site to everyone.

Thank you for a wonderful relaxing stay.

Dover, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed here for four nights in late August to get away from everything and just relax for a few days.

We stayed in the 2 bedroom Lavender Lodge. The open plan kitchen/dining/living room was large and had everything we could need including plenty of plates, cutlery, a dishwasher, washing machine, dishwasher tablets, some washing-up liquid and some complimentary tea and coffee.

As others have said, the hot tub was spotless. Yes, the owner did explain the rules to us, but we didn't see any evidence of them being unnecessarily enforced.

The lodges are a couple of miles from the nearest villages, so perhaps aren't the place to go if you're looking for lively nightlife. However if you're looking for peace and quiet then they are absolutely perfect.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Wrexham, Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Just returned home after our second stay at Trewythen lodges, and once again we have experienced the perfect break!!!. On arrival the greeting from our host ann was as warm and friendly as we'd remembered amazingly she recognised us from our previous visit.The lodge was spotlessly clean and tidy with everything we needed and more. The hot tub and sauna were delightful and the advise ann gave us on the use of the hot tub was not only helpful but also relevant due to our medical conditions.This allowed us to have a safe and enjoyable experience. The setting of the lodges are ideal for a get away break, the peace and quiet is most welcoming and allows you to recharge your batteries.The location of the lodges allow you to partake in as many local activities and attractions as you wish or to just chill and relax in the perfect surroundings of your lodge .Once again Ann and Paul thanks for a wonderful break and we are just booking now for may 2014 but this time it will be for a week!!!!! .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have just returned from one of the best breaks we have had. We were greeted as soon as we arrived and made to feel extremely welcome. The lodge itself was beautifully decorated and spotless and was very warm and inviting. Everything you could need was there with plenty of space to put our luggage when it wasn't being used. The sauna and hot tub made this accommodation extra special and luxurious. I have absolutely no faults with Trewythen Lodges and will definitely be coming back.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dorset, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

This was our third lodge with hot tub holiday, perfect site, only 7 lodges, family owned who really went out of their way to help in any way they could.

Perfect views out of any window. Many times we have been away and plan not to go out much but for various reasons end up out more than in. However this was the exception, apart from some shopping we spent the time at the lodge.

Hot tub and sauna fir the lodge, not shared.

I think we will be returning to this one in the future, cant recommend it enough.

Room Tip: Don't rely an sat nav only, have a map on you as well.