“The Excellent Brook Farm” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Brook Farm B&B

Brook Farm B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ormskirk
Brook Farm B&B
You added Brook Farm B&B to your Saves list
Mercers Lane | Bickerstaffe, Ormskirk L39 0EJ, England   |
Ranked #2 of 8 Ormskirk B&B and Inns
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“The Excellent Brook Farm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed iat this B&B on 9th July, 2013. Our hosts Lorraine and Martin were most friendly and recommended a great pub with good food On our return we were made welcome and enjoyed a pleasant evening with them. Our bedroom was decorated to a high standard with a very comfortable bed. Breakfast was first class. We would have no hesitation in recommending this B&B to anyone visiting the Ormskirk area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This farmhouse is run by a lovely couple who could not do enough for us. We arrived early, were immediately offered tea and biscuits, shown our room and the garden, and then left alone to enjoy the sun. A local chinese restaurant was suggested and booked - excellent. The room was medium sized with an en suite shower/loo. It was all spotlessly clean. Breakfast the next day was far too much for us having filled up on Chinese the previous evening. The farm house is close to the M58 so there is some traffic noise but our room faced away from the road so it was not too intrusive. When we returned from our chinese meal we were met and given bottles of water (it was extremely hot). Altogether a very positive experience and at £60 for the two of us - cheap.

Room Tip: Ask for the room at the back so as to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Holmes Chapel, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We were attending a wedding at the West Tower and stayed at Brook Farm with our friends. We had a fantastic welcome from the proprietors Martin and Lorraine who gave us beer and wine as we got ready. They couldn't be any more helpful, warm and friendly without being in your face, lovely people.

The rooms were superb and the views over the countryside were to die for!

The garden is also stunning and as tempted as we were to lounge on the sun beds we went to the wedding.

The breakfasts were fantastic and they very kindly catered for me as a vegetarian. Unfortunately we were all a bit hungover to really enjoy the food (sorry Martin!) but all in all a real gem of a B&B in the Lancashire countryside.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

WOW! Is all I can say! We stayed at Brook Farm on the 14th July overnight for my Graduation at Edge Hill University. We were given such a warm and friendly welcome from Martin and Lorraine and the doggys! The Rooms that we were given, both my mum and I and my Grandma were absolutely gorgeous, really stylishly decorated. We were given lots of information on where to go out for a meal even going to the trouble of getting the address and postcode for us. It felt as if we could ask them anything and nothing would have been to much trouble for them. What can I say about breakfast?! Just wonderful! The scrambled egg was THE BEST scrambled egg I have ever had! Martin even drove me and my family to Edge Hill for my graduation. Thankyou so much Martin and Lorraine for making my day even more special than it was...I will definitely be returning, no doubt about! :)
Hayley x

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Epsom, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Brook Farm is amazing - we spent a lovely few days there with our two young children and found it ideal in every way.

Our room was comfy and quiet, and the delicious breakfasts were well worth getting out of bed for!

Marty and Lorraine are great hosts - they were happy to spend time with us and with our kids, and we felt so welcome. It's a lovely relaxing, family atmosphere and we were made to feel right at home.

We can't recommend Brook Farm highly enough, and we're already looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My wife and I had an overnight stay at Brook Farm on 5th July.The welcome we received was absolutely superb. After being shown to our room we were invited to join Lorraine and Marty outside for drinks. They are both so easy to get on with that we both wished we could have arrived earlier and spent more time talking to them..
The accommodation was immaculately clean and comfortable, the breakfast superb
.Although we live witiin striking distance we intend to stay there again if only to visit our hosts, Lorraine and Marty
Thanks for your warm welcome

Room Tip: We only saw our room which was immaculate. Quite simply, take notice of the reviews and in this cas...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Apart from all the good things other reviewers mentioned, I want to address the exceptional service Lorraine and Martin have offered to their guest. As a lonely female traveller after 5 and a half hours journey, Martin welcomed me at the train station and offered a lift to Edge Hill University the day after. By the evening, I was even invited to dine with them! The caring nature of Lorrain and Martin made my journey so much easier. I can not thank them enough, but to wish to visit again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Brook Farm B&B? Share your experiences!