“Very cozy, excellent views, great rooms! A must!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kastraki Meteoron, Kastraki, Kalambaka 42200, Greece   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Kastraki
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Barcelona, España
“Very cozy, excellent views, great rooms! A must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Hotel was the best Hotel we visited during our 1 week travel through Greece. The owner is so kind, he explained to us everything we had to know about the Monasteries (schedules, which to see first, etc,) From the balcony you have an excellent view to the Meteora rocks and the room was excellent!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
twill56
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

A fantastic location surrounded by the Meteora mountains and with views to die for.
The owners were really friendly and helpful with information about the Monastries and also where to dine in the village (which is really Greek and not touristy at all).
They even showed us a hidden path up one of the mountains where there is a hidden chapel carved out of the rock - it really is worth the walk up both for the chapel and the amazing views!
The hotel rooms are large and well furnished with all the facilities you could ask for.
A really great place to stay if you are visiting Meteora

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

The owner of the hotel was extremely nice, and the map he provided with the best route to take, and the order in which to see the monasteries was invaluable. He also recommended that I eat at the Gardenia taverna, which was fantastic. I had booked the hotel and was supposed to pay €80, but he only charged me €40 because I was a solo traveller. The view from my veranda was spectacular!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Italia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

All I can say about this hotel is excellent and good, rooms are lovely, super clean, ambient is Great, service is very nice , view of Meteora wonderfull, location great, and best best best of all Breakfastttttttttt I will never ever forget it and one of the reasons I will try to go back to Meteora is this breakfasttttttttttttttttt

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

The staff: Thannassis and his lovely wife were so helpful. The moment we arrived we were made to feel at home, with a choice of room's to suit us. All the information we needed to see all the monasteries and the best way's to see them. I also had a payment problem with a previous hotel we had stayed in during our tour of Greece and the help I received, in trying to sort it out, from the both of them, was absolutely brilliant and above what I expected. Again, thank you for that. Comfort: the best bed I've slept in for year's. Value for money: We stayed in 6 hotels during our 3 week tour around Greece and this was far and away the best value. Location: Marks out of 10 would be somewhere around 10 +++++++! Bloody amazing! Services and cleanliness: only excellent! I pride myself on picking good hotels for myself and my wife for our trip's abroad, sometimes I surprise myself at just how good some of them really are and this is one of those surprises!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

right at the bottom of Meteora mountains. Our room had a Meteora view and it was really impressive! The hotel is nicely furnished and decorated with home-made rugs. The prices were really modest.
Bathrooms are rather small

Room Tip: rooms with mountain view
istanbul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

The hotel is very well located, elegantly decorated, all the furnitures are imported except the beautiful anfora like vases which were inhereted from the landlady’s grandmother. The owners are a nice couple, very kind and helpful. The rooms are small but very clean and comfortable. Tha bathrooms are spacious. Every room has a good view but when you go to the terasse where the breakfast is served it is where you realize how beautiful is the scenery and how perfect is the location of the hotel. From the lounge and the terasse you can contemplate the valley as if you are in a fairy tale. The breakfast is copious and tasty. I recommend you not to miss tasting yogourt with honey (which is a traditional greek taste) and fresh figs which I find excellent duo for breakfast along with cofee.
The hotel is a two floored one, one is below the basement, still all the rooms have good view as I said, the other floor is above. We stayed only one night at the hotel but I did not see an elevator -if I am wrong I apologize from the landlord at advance-, although there are few stairs the fact that there is no elevator can be a nuisance for elderly and handicaped visitors.
Kastraki, the village where the hotel is located is very small but very beutiful, very cozy. The home made retsina wines and food at the Taverna Plakias Nikolaos (which was recommended from our landlord) were excellent i n taste. The price and the quality match of both the hotel and the is great. As we have limited time to stay in Kastraki we could only see the monastery of Great Meteoron Metamorfosis at Meteora, again a very well chosen recomendation of our landlord. If I ever go to Kalambaka again this is definitely the hotel I will choose to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Pyrgos Adrachti? Share your experiences!