“A home from home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Magnolia House Bed and Breakfast

Magnolia House Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Royston
Magnolia House Bed and Breakfast
You added Magnolia House Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
79 Melbourne Road, Royston SG8 7DG, England   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Royston
Winchester, United Kingdom
“A home from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I generally only review on TA if my experience is really good or really bad. Thankfully this is the former. Me and my better half stayed for 1 Sat night and Sue went out of her way to make us feel welcome. We stayed in the family room, which was comfortable (although perhaps lacking a mirror for the ladies) and had everything you would expect. Great value for money and Sue was a great host, very friendly and made a surprise cooked breakfast when we needed it the next morning. Always good to see fresh coffee served as well. Couldn't recommend highly enough.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here during my cycle from London to Skegness. Sue was very welcoming and courteous. She helped store my bike safely away and promptly showed me to my room. This was clean, spacious and came with a shared bathroom. Slept well. Woke up to a big and yummy breakfast. Overall I enjoyed my stay and would recommend this B&B to others.

• Stayed October 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My husband and I along with my three sisters and brother stayed a week at this great B & B attending a family event. Sue the owner was delightful, efficient and most accommodating. The facilities are clean, comfortable and perfect for a short term stay. Try the Magnolia House if you are looking for a place to stay in Royston.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

After spending the day dressed as zombies in the cold we arrived at Marigold House B&B in desperate need of warmth and comfort. Sue couldnt have been a better host. The B&B is lovely and just like a home from home. Comfortable beds, well equiped, and the cooked breakfast we had in the morning was just what we needed. I thoroughly recommend if you're ever visiting Royston.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights and have to say it was like being at home . Sue can not do enough for you . The rooms are very clean , the bed was really comfortable and the room was big . Kettle, tea , coffee, biscuits and TV. Breakfast is great . I would definitely stay there again . Great location . Just a short walk to the Royston centre. Sue is so happy and helpful and makes it a pleasure to stay there.

• Stayed October 2012
Arborfield, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I recently had to stay over in Royston on the way back from the Ely folk festival. The owner was only too happy to arrange early check-in so that I could arrive back late after the festival. The single room was clean and comfortable as was the rest of the bnb. Nothing was too much trouble and the owner was very friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

We booked for two nights on the 24th and 25th May 2012 as a place to stay for our daughter's wedding. The owner Sue was very welcoming and nothing was a trouble. Our room was large and contained a double bed and two singles with an en-suite. The room was very quiet so we had two good nights of uninterrupted sleep. Tea and coffee making facilities were very good - they don't stint on the tea bags or coffee which is great after long day. We had the Continental breakfast option which came with a cafetiere of coffee each. We would highly recommend this B&B, it's a home from home and far more reasonable than the hotels in Royston.

Room Tip: The family room at the back overlooks the newly laid out gardens where the only noise is birdsong.