“A comfortable stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Magnolia House Bed and Breakfast

Magnolia House Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Royston
Magnolia House Bed and Breakfast
You added Magnolia House Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
79 Melbourne Road, Royston SG8 7DG, England   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Royston
“A comfortable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here during my cycle from London to Skegness. Sue was very welcoming and courteous. She helped store my bike safely away and promptly showed me to my room. This was clean, spacious and came with a shared bathroom. Slept well. Woke up to a big and yummy breakfast. Overall I enjoyed my stay and would recommend this B&B to others.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My husband and I along with my three sisters and brother stayed a week at this great B & B attending a family event. Sue the owner was delightful, efficient and most accommodating. The facilities are clean, comfortable and perfect for a short term stay. Try the Magnolia House if you are looking for a place to stay in Royston.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

After spending the day dressed as zombies in the cold we arrived at Marigold House B&B in desperate need of warmth and comfort. Sue couldnt have been a better host. The B&B is lovely and just like a home from home. Comfortable beds, well equiped, and the cooked breakfast we had in the morning was just what we needed. I thoroughly recommend if you're ever visiting Royston.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights and have to say it was like being at home . Sue can not do enough for you . The rooms are very clean , the bed was really comfortable and the room was big . Kettle, tea , coffee, biscuits and TV. Breakfast is great . I would definitely stay there again . Great location . Just a short walk to the Royston centre. Sue is so happy and helpful and makes it a pleasure to stay there.

• Stayed October 2012
Arborfield, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I recently had to stay over in Royston on the way back from the Ely folk festival. The owner was only too happy to arrange early check-in so that I could arrive back late after the festival. The single room was clean and comfortable as was the rest of the bnb. Nothing was too much trouble and the owner was very friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

We booked for two nights on the 24th and 25th May 2012 as a place to stay for our daughter's wedding. The owner Sue was very welcoming and nothing was a trouble. Our room was large and contained a double bed and two singles with an en-suite. The room was very quiet so we had two good nights of uninterrupted sleep. Tea and coffee making facilities were very good - they don't stint on the tea bags or coffee which is great after long day. We had the Continental breakfast option which came with a cafetiere of coffee each. We would highly recommend this B&B, it's a home from home and far more reasonable than the hotels in Royston.

Room Tip: The family room at the back overlooks the newly laid out gardens where the only noise is birdsong.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Oswestry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

Myself and a friend stayed for one night while we went to a school reunion. Sue, the owner, was very polite and helpful and generally I found it pretty comfortable and reasonable value (compared with hotels within Royston, at least). Our twin room was on the small side, and not en-suite, but Sue mentioned this when I made the booking (fairly close to the date we stayed) so it was my call. The road outside is pretty busy, so it can be a little noisy, but after a few beers it didn't matter! If you're on a budget then I would definitely recommend it. My only advice (to the owners) would be to think about including the full breakfast in the price - a bit cheeky expecting people to pay a fiver each on top of the room price, but at least you have the choice to have the lighter option (included in the price) if you prefer.

Room Tip: Book early if you want an en-suite room
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Magnolia House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!