Stayed here for a two night mid week break in a junior suite. From the moment we arrived the service in all areas was exemplary. There is a feeling of visiting a country house as opposed to a hotel. The staff are courteous, knowledgeable and able to deliver first class attention without being intrusive.
The room was large and bright situated in the main house overlooking the garden. A complimentatrt decanter of sherry & fruit bowl was a lovely touch. The bathroom was large with top of the range toiletries. The bed was extremely comfortable.
Whoever devised the menu should be proud of themselves - the food is superb. Well worth paying the extra to dine at the hotel - what a treat.
Just two observations - some of the chairs gave the main lounge the unfortunate "feel" of a care home. Perhaps a little bit of a revamp is required here to continue the luxurious english country house presentation that is evident throughout the rest of the hotel.
Bath panel was cracked in two places - but having said that it did not detract from being in this wonderful place.
Overall can't wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lower Slaughter Manor is a stunning 16th Century Manor House, a luxurious 19 bedroom hotel located in the heart of the picture postcard village of Lower Slaughter in the Cotswolds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Venere, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lower Slaughter Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lower Slaughter Manor Hotel Lower Slaughter
- Hotel Lower Slaughter
- Manor Hotel Lower Slaughter
- Lower Manor Slaughter
- Lower Slaughter Manor England