This was booked with slight nervousness as previous stays - in the previous incarnation as Washbourne Court - hadn't been without issues. But the price was a steal as they matched the offer on the Secret Escapes website at £95, including 2 glasses of champagne (and it was champagne). There is no doubt that the level of service has moved up a couple of levels and all staff were excellent - the right blend of service, humour, and attention to detail. The room (Angelo's) was very good, and different with a naved roof - it was well maintained, clean, and quiet. If I was going to be picky I would say that the restaurant with its mirrored walls is getting dated, but the bar is a far nicer place to eat and drink in any case, with lots of little rooms, low ceilings, and real fires. The menu is the same in both. This is a very good base for the Cotswold area with lots nearby.
- Also Known As:
- Washbourne Court Hotel Lower Slaughter
- Washbourne Court Hotel
- Washbourne Court Lower Slaughter
- The Slaughters Country Inn Lower Slaughter, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are in search of peace, tranquility and the epitome of English country life you need look no further than The Slaughters Country Inn (formally Washbourne Court Hotel). Situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty in all seasons. A truly magnificent 17th century hotel standing in four acres of grounds alongside the River Eye in the centre of Lower Slaughter, one of the most beautiful and unspoiled villages in the Cotswolds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your The Slaughters Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.