“Very honest review - watch your kids for rota virus!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Eftalia Aqua Resort

You added Eftalia Aqua Resort to your Saves list
Eftalia Aqua Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Merkez Mahallesi Akdeniz Bulvan No 4, Turkler, Turkey   |
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Turkler
“Very honest review - watch your kids for rota virus!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My family have just returned from 2 weeks stay and I am going to be 100% honest in what I found

Rooms: very clean beds immaculate - maid will pester you for tips though!

Toilets in public areas: disgusting very smelly - I would use the one in my room first

Bar: alcohol undrinkable I am not that fussy however I don't like beer and the spirits would burn your throat

Pool bar: be careful they filled the slush machines with the same hose used to water the garden

Pool snack bar: very rude to children they sent my daughter away saying she had enough!

Entertainment team: very pushy and like a bunch of teenagers let loose to cause havoc

Shops on site: when I wouldn't pay their prices for fake goods (I actually think they believe what they sell is genuine) I was told I was an alcoholic and a junkie???!! The market for sweets etc make up prices according to nationality my daughter was charged £3 sterling for a tube of smarties!! Seen one French woman charged £20 for silly plastic torch!!!

Turkler - if you don't mind walking along aside a motorway in turkey it's not far to walk but myself and mum didn't feel safe and got constantly ripped off by taxi drivers

Slides - kids loved them although I didn't think splash pools were deep enough and there was a few sore ones

The cattle market / restaurant : one word - rabble!! They fight for
plates, food, cutlery and that's the adults! Food is cleared away before you put your fork down! But the selection is good and if all inclusive you won't go hungry! However we did notice the grill was a bit of a worry - they dripped the raw chicken over the cooked chicken and a lot of the time it was raw!

Hotel manager: Australian old washed up cheeky and downright nasty woman

Al a carte - looked ok didn't wait for starter as kids didn't have option on menu

Burger land - nice quiet and good place to eat

Patisserie - lovely cakes nice coffee although a smile would have been nice

Spa - had a Turkish bath and they tried to rip me off for £200 in medical massages - twice I went and got different diagnosis!!

Fight fight fight - its brewing everywhere too many cultures in one place and we noticed a few fights during our two week stay

First choice reps - my five year old would do better

Kids club reps - amazing they made my kids holiday!! Fantastic girls all wasted in this hotel!!!

Location - love the motorway? This is ideal

Illness - there was a breakout of sickness and diahorrea which we didn't know about all the family took ill my daughter then tested positive for rota virus when we got home possibly due to the poor hygiene in public toilets

Mini disco - same every night five foot high stage with 40 kids on it - it's a fatality waiting to happen hope it's not your child

Overall it's not a bad hotel however the staff are rude and its just poorly run! Unfortunately this was parents first time in turkey and this hotel has made them never want to return however I have seen the other side to turkey that is friendly and welcoming but I did not see even a glimmer of it here!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

please find out for yourself what the resort is like. The staff are only as rude to you as you are to them. I never encountered any rudeness in the 2 weeks my party was there. I found the entertainment crew very interactive, kids reps Dayna, Tash, Aman and Leagh were fab, Chris & Jack were great. Hotel was exactly as you see in the brochure. Food could be a bit repetitive but that's the same all over after all we are in Turkey. If you want a fish supper go to Blackpool. Hotel was spotless, food was on tap 24/7.the whole atmosphere was totally relaxing.Some of the guests need to find some manners, a please or thank you would not go amiss instead of barking out drinks orders. Chris you remember to make sure all the bones are out the fish! I could not fault the resort at all and again would urge people to find out for themselves.
Linda , Rab & Morgan from Gasgow

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Wolves
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Absolutely love this hotel...the staff are really very friendly and always helpful...especially adnan, ayse, gulay, veli, abdurrahaman!!! My kids love them all, they really looked after us! Cant ask for nicer people....will defo go back and see them all

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed here for 2weeks with a family of 6 the weather is amazing the views are stunning,
The transfer is LONG and hot the Thomson/ first choice reps within the airport and on coach are great make u feel secure and are very helpful,
Ours rooms were spotless and air con is fab the hotel is very spacious and we had no trouble with the staff in fact they seemed to really take to us especially our 4 kids the only rude people we came across was the Russians n Germans who have no concept of queuing they simply BARK COLA,BEER ,FANTA, at the staff and push children out of way to get there serving first!!!!
The food was our biggest issue and its no fault of the hotel there food presentation is stunning but its very TURKISH but its fresh every day very clean and they try very hard it's just not to our taste but its looks amazing and the fresh fruit is soo juicy.
The photo guys are soo child friendly and the water parks is great for kids bit slippery but again if your careful then that helps.
The sun bed set up is crazy it makes u get up early just to beat the Germans to a bed some people left the inflatables over night naughty but its gets u a bed.
The shops within hotel are great especially the guy from bag shop we got 6 in all and got great prices again the staff were great and cheaper then shops near by....
We did go to waterfall n market very HOT but good day out market was good but u felt guilty if u didn't buy from the stall holders again very friendly towards us all.
One if our sons got sunburnt and we had to see the doctor and nurse and she was AMAZING in fact for someone who speaks little English she made me feel relax and comfortable the doctor spoke great English intact better then some doctors I've seen in uk so massive thanks to them for looking after him SO well
We had 2 rooms and although we were PROMISED adjoining rooms upon booking with the first choice holiday agent we did not get this on arrival and the reception staff had no idea of this or did they even have adjoining rooms we were given a corner room with a spa bath and a view that u would pay a bomb for and a next door but one for the kids although I wasn't overally happy with this again it wasn't there fault it was the travel agent we booked with but they did there best to accommodate our needs they upgraded us to a top room! So again no issue
Jack n chris the live in reps were very helpful if u needed them for anything and always seemed to b around although we did miss them when we left on coach think it arrived early so we never said thank you or goodbye so if u read this thanks for everything guys.
The kids reps seemed fine we didn't use kids club.
So all in all we had great stay here the cocktails are lethal but great go up to efes bar the waiter there knows he's stuff ..... There are chicken nuggets served daily also there take on burgers chips on every day set up and juices are plenty.

If I was sending a friend there I would suggest u take tea bags Turkish tea is milk less and milk is very weak not like home at all,over all we had a great time.

Room Tip: We had room 2037 and 2035 very good n spacious no room issues at all Top tip tell reception u lo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Morecambe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I travelled with my Disabled Nana who is wheelchair bound, my Mother, sister and 2 young children aged 3 and 11 months. The hotel itself was immaculate. I have never been to a hotel so clean.
STAFF
The staff was really helpful upon arrival and arranged a bellboy to help us with the 6 cases and my nana's walking frame. At mealtimes, the baby could be quite messy with bread etc but there was a lady who came round and swept up underneath her and was always smiling. There were cleaners everywhere. We were very impressed. However upon leaving, we had to be out of the rooms by 12pm which was ok as our transfer coach was due at 12.45pm. At around 11.45, the rest of the family went to get a snack before leaving and I went to reception to see if the bellboy could help us again. I was told he was just helping someone else and to take a seat. I waited 20mins but no bellboy. I went and asked again and was told "sorry he was on his way" but another 25mins later he still hadn’t arrived. It was 12.30pm and so I had to ask for the room key back and bring all the cases down myself and we were on the 3rd floor and the lifts were very slow at times. I would have minded doing this in the beginning as my sister would have helped me but to wait 45mins I thought was a little out of order.
ROOMS
The rooms were excellent. Very spacious and there was more than enough room for me, my Nan, her walking frame and wheelchair. Unsure whether the mini-bar was supposed to be stocked everyday but I think ours was done every other day, but still this was a nice touch in the room. Plenty of complimentary soaps, shampoo, shower gels etc and there were even a shoe horn and sewing kit in the wardrobe! The beds were comfortable and the air-con was wonderful. Was woken a couple of times around 5am by the nearby Mosque speakers but not much I could do about it. The other members of the family didn’t hear it but I am a very light sleeper so. Walls are extremely thin too so I would recommend if you are a light sleeper, take some earplugs!!
FOOD
Same as any all inclusive really. Salads, breads, veg, meat and chips. A bit repetitive which is always expected but I can honestly say there wasn’t a night where we thought there wasn’t anything we didn’t fancy. Even the 2 children ate well. My sister said she had never eaten so much cake in her life and it was lovely! It didnt seem to matter what time however you went for tea, it was always busy and some guests could be quite rude i.e pushing in etc but I suppose you could get that anywhere.
DRINK
The plastic cups that drinks are served in are really really thin and are knocked over easily, I would recommend taking thicker plastic beakers from home if you have younger children. I’m 26 and I even struggled. Again, same as any all inclusive, beer, wine, spirits, fizzy pop. My Mum had the odd baileys and said this was nice but I just stuck to beer. the AI included bottles of water which were just placed at the end of each bar for you to grab as many as you wanted and milk was available too so great if you enjoy a brew on your balcony before bed.
POOLS
Again it was immaculate. We only ventured over to the slides once with the 3yr old but she wasn’t too keen. She is quite a shy child and I think she was a bit intimidated by the older children so we were only there around 30mins so cant really comment. The slides looked great though. We stayed by other pool shown in pictures by the restaurant. It had a kid’s pool which was not more than ankle height and then a large pool which had 4 walk in steps. The kids loved being in the water, even the baby loved it. It was hard getting the 3yr old out of the water for dinner! Probably one of the warmest pools I have ever been in abroad however it was around 30 degrees at 10am so the pool was just the trick to cool off!
ENTERTAINMENT
Our 3yr old loved the First Choice Kids Club. She couldn’t wait to go. The staff were absolutely brilliant. With First Choice, we book 2 trips for me, my sister and the 3yr old. We went on a Pirate Boat which she absolutely loved. Excellent value for money. There were plenty of games to keep the kids entertained and a treasure hunt which was great. There was a stop off in the ocean for people to jump in and the sea was quite warm actually and again another stop off after lunch by as beach so they could go for a paddle. I would recommend the little ones wearing jelly shoes as the beach was rather stony and the sand was so hot on your feet. We also went to the Dolphin show. We were told we got this at a discounted rate but that’s because you need to make your own way there!! 10 euro's each way in a taxi :/ Some people walked but I felt it would be too far in the sun for the little one. The show was good though but not as good as the Pirate Boat. We didn’t see much entertainment at night as we were all worn out but we could hear the music from our balcony and lots of clapping and cheering so it could have been good.
Overall, we really enjoyed our holiday and I would probably go to this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

just got back stayed here 2nd to 9th july 2013 this review is truth as i thought through prior reviews i had booked a rubbish holiday but i was wrong we are a family of 7 from 54 years to 3 years
4 adults and 3 kids rooms very good large clean comfortable but take some hangers only few in room room has kettle but no cups free aircon saftey deposit box tv has only 1 english channel ctn free mini fridge filled daily with fanta coke and bottled beer decent size balcony very comfortable beds and pillows bathroom bath with shower normal soaps shampoos ect inc hair dryer an shaver socket
restaurant very very busy at peak times pick your times around 7.30 for breakfast if you dont want to queue for long and for dinner about 7 ish you will easily get seats at these times its a 2 part restaurant open end serves fried eggs and if you want sunny side up just ask ommlettes are great also in open side they do pancakes toppings chocolate spread sugar syrup ect closed section of restaurant help your self wide range of yogurts cereal fruit pastrys make your own toasties and toast dinner same areas freshly cooked meats ect in open end soups chicken stir fry liver turkey beef boiled fried rice ect ect something for everyone inc chips pizlza ect
snack bars mutch the same chips burgers pizza spaghette bolognase chicken nuggets once in a while ,ice cream between 12 to 4 pm beside stage chicken kebab meat at snack bar beside stage beach rocky but ok plenty sunbeds pools get your towels down by 7am at latest towels are free from turkish spa on floor 0 take back same day get fresh next day slides wowwwwww
sizes for every one pool area slippy be carefull bars arround pools are good no waiting long hot drinks and cold pop ect self service machines beer water from bars staff very busy all time
but if you speak to them they will speak back there not ignorant just busy keeping you served and happy shops good but cheaper if tou go out hotel 10 mins walk go out hotel barriers turn right 100 yards turn left follow rough road to top few shops there, but turn left 20 yards down to the bazzar great shopping no hassle cheaper than hotel or other shops kids club great mini disco as you would expect great for kids night entertainment good the week we were there transfer is 2hrs drive on coach but air con makes it ok enjoy your self its is a really good holliday

Room Tip: quite rooms are in middle of blocks a and b less noise from pools ect
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I am glad I read the reviews before going to this hotel as most of them were wrong and our party of 11 had a cracking 10 day holiday. When booking this holiday you have to understand the clientele you will meet are not all British. They are from Sweden, Russia, Albania, Turkey as well as a lot of Brits. The comments about queuing are not correct. In our experience once or twice the language and etiquette barriers were breached but that has to be par for the course when the staff are dealing with a multi lingual customer base. The staff are friendly and in our experience a little British manners and respect is very well received and on a lot of occasions when the bar staff saw you at the bar they remembered your round.( not sure what that says about our drinking habits!!) The hotel is spotless. They are always cleaning. Never did we want for food or drink. The rooms are cleaned every day with fresh towels. The showers are excellent as is the air con in the room. The maids are lovely. All of the staff are friendly. The restaurant does get busy at opening times but if you can go a little later. It's a lot quieter. The outside under cover seating area is lovely. The food was always good. There is a full time nurse on site for any bumps etc and a Doctor there most days. The marble around the pools is slippy and has been commented on but in the kids areas they have put down anti slip mats to help. Jack and chris the reps are very good. No complaints there. they will help with everything possible. Go there with the glass half full not half empty and you will be pleasantly surprised. Nothing is absolutely perfect in life but this hotel and its facilities, security, staff and First Choice will most certainly give you value for the money you have spent on your holiday. Enjoy, we did.

Room Tip: Pretty much all rooms have a sea view which is great, however the inside courtyard rooms are noisier...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Eftalia Aqua Resort? Share your experiences!