“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Orono
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Since 1983, Jungle Cat World Wildlife Park has been offering visitors the unique opportunity to see and experience wild species, many threatened with extinction, in an up-close and personal environment. Professional staff are readily available and always eager to share their knowledge and enthusiasm. Accredited by Canada's Accredited Zoos and Aquariums - Aquariums et Zoos Accredites du Canada (CAZA/AZAC), which represents the leading zoological parks and aquariums in Canada. CAZA/AZAC promotes the welfare of, and encourages the advancement and improvement of, zoological parks, aquariums and related animal exhibits in Canada as humane agencies of recreation, education, conservation, and science.
London, Canada
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Purchased a behind the scenes tour for my girlfriend and I - what a great experience. The staff were friendly, knowledgeable and obviously cared a great deal about the animals. The grounds was fairly small so we were able to see everything without having to walk huge distances in between, and we could get so close to the animals! Stayed for the feeding tour and got to learn even more about the animals and their individual stories, which was amazing.
Would definitely recommend, and will look to go back another time when there are different animals to see!

Visited October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My boyrfriend got me a behind the scenes tour for my birthday and I already can't wait to go back because I want to experience all of the animals! The staff was wonderful and so excited to talk to you about the animals there. The animals were beautiful and well cared for and it was such a unique way to experience them up close and personal. Can't wait to go back

Oakville, Canada
35 attraction reviews
“Wonderful Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I wouldn't call this place a mere zoo. It's a place to experience close encounters with animals from around the world. It's sad that without facilities like this, there would be more extinct species.
The animals are in terrific shape...absolutely beautiful. This was our second visit and it won't be our last. Don't miss the feeding and the best times of year to see any animals is spring and fall when it's a bit cooler.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Awesome experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

For a birthday present, my wife gave me a "Behind the scenes " visit.
And was absolutely fantastic!

Up close and personal with an Arctic wolf!
Hold and pat a Serval cat - gorgeous.
Then hold, pet and play with the Leemuirs! Hilarious. what clowns!

The staff was great, animals awesome and we had a great time.
definitely will go back

Visited September 2013
Markham, Canada
7 attraction reviews
“Behind the Scenes at Jungle Cat World - Our Zoo Guide Joseline”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Before leaving home. I was skeptical about how this day was going to turn out as it was raining non stop and yes it rained all day long, but with all the rain, we still went forth, not looking back to see where our adventure would take us. Voila you made all our worries and troubles out the door and forgot that it was raining as all the animals were more active because it was cooler and they were all not sleeping and moving about and you welcomed us and all the people from far away with warmth and you passed out umbrella's and food for the animals and we loved it truly and forgot it was raining all day long as if their were no drops. My son and I just fell in love. We also did the behind the scenes tour with Joseline our Zoo guide and she was amazing and very educational and because of the wild natures of the animals she guided us in how to hold them in the proper way. We had done the African Serval Cat, The Ring Tail Lemur from Madagascar and the Red Tail Fox from Canada. Yes it was all worth the little extra money that we saved. What a rush and out of this world experience. I thank you tooo too much and a big hats of to you guys. What I love you can do all this in two hours and just in time to put the kids to bed in the afternoon. All the animals are moving around and very active in this type of weather. I guess they love overcasts and rain and clouds and cooler days. Loved the feeding tour however we had to go home and have our day time nap lol ;) hehehee but I assure you we will be back again in the future. Hopefully on a sunny day. Loved it truly and thank you and your staff at Jungle Cat World. What a rush and loved the whole experience.

Visited September 2013