“ARE you connected" the difference” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Karyatides
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Karyatidon Str., Agia Marina 18010, Greece   |
Ranked #20 of 30 Hotels in Agia Marina
Montreal, Canada
“ARE you connected" the difference”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

The difference is that the host cares about making your stay as pleasing as possible. We where to stay at the hotel a weekend instead we ended staying for two weeks. Margy was such a smart and delicate host, she was asking every single day after her good morning, if we hade fun the previous day and relative to our mood of the day she had a suggestion for guiding us to the nicest places.
She is even looked forward for improving her suggestion with people references and the right connections for our satisfaction. Open minded she is to all and only cares for your truly well being without looking only at her interest.
Imagine in Greece without a reference you don’t do much, or if you do it’s going to be with all kind of small trouble or more expensive, I wanted to exchange some dollars to euros for our longer stay, they told me I had to go to Aegina. I told that to Margy, her answer was how much you want to exchange, then she picked up the phone talked to the local tourist agent (that I so the day before and did not want my good money) and the exchange was done in five minutes.
To feed your happiness for being in that small part of Greece there is a lot to do from water sports to eating to dancing thanks to Margy’s connections. Agia Marina and hotel Kariatides should be in first on the pages and the range of a tourist accommodation because of the good family people
See you next year Margy hope you have all the island connected.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Business
  • Greek first
Doncaster
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

Had a great stay at the Karytides. Began a love affair with Aghia Marina in 1995 and have visited three times now. The island never disappoints. This hotel is well situated for shops, buses and the beautiful beach.

Rooms are basic typical Greek rooms, little space and nothing fancy. However, they were clean and the sheets and towels regularly changed.

Breakfast was basic continental but for the price we paid good value.

All staff friendly and helpful and we would definitely consider returning.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2008

The Hotel is nice, clean and in the middel of town. A little hotel with nice staff,and a place we will stay again.
Our room have a nice view at the town and the sea. The breakfast is greek and that is that.
We have a wonderfull time there and will stay there agian..

• Liked — Everthing and the hotel dog, okay my daugther like it..
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Gran Canaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2007

Twenty years ago, I actually lived in the small, wonderful village of Aghia Marina on the Greek island of Aegina. My trip back this year was very nostalgic.
I used a locally run web page to make my reservation who tried to charge me again after I had returned home, which took the shine off a bit.The problem was quickly resolved after I phoned the hotel and received the same warmth and consideration as I did during my stay.
The Karyatides is well situated, and with the rooms overlooking the gardens, the singing of the crickets made the early evenings a pleasure.The entire installation is starting to show it´s age a little, but none the worse for that.The rooms are basic and very typical of the islands, with, if not the most modern, certainly adequate facilites.My room had airconditioning and a fridge.
After an absence of twenty years, the whole village showed very little change and the people where as wonderfully friendly as ever.
It won´t be twenty years before I reurn again.

• Liked — It was just how I imagined Greece to still be
  • Disliked — The coffee at breakfast, horrendous.Best take your own
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2006

I've been to the island of Aegina 10 times and stayed at the Hotel Karyatides many times. I'm always made welcome when I arrive. The family run hotel is in an ideal position in the middle of Aghia Marina but away from the main street which makes it a good nice quite place to stay and is in easy reach of the shops, restaurants and sandy beach! The island of Aegina is full of history and easy reach of Athens and many other Greek islands. It is like an oasis in the sun!

• Stayed September 2005
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2006

My visit to Greece, and the Olympics in 2004, turned into a journey during my stay at the Karyatides hotel on the island of Aegina. My son, his three teenage girls and myself had a wonderful experience in this Greek island!
The hotel’s personal made our visit so very welcome. They became like family to us, serving me tea every afternoon, taking care of my laundry, but most especially, being open and welcoming. I felt like I was visiting family! I will always have fond memories of our stay at Karyatides, and I do plan to return there soon.

• Stayed August 2004
Palmdale, Ca, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2005

We stayed at the Hotel Karyatides www.hotelkaryatides.gr. The hotel is family run and they really know the meaning of hospitality. If you chose to visit Greece, please consider staying with Sophia and her family at the hotel. Homemade Greek breakfast each morning and simply breathtaking views at sunrise and sunset. Witht he hotel right off the main road in town, you will have easy access to all the shops, restaranuts and beaches. I will return as often as I can and chose to stay at the Hotel Karaytides from now on. If you ferrry into Athens on the Despina, it is a hour's ride, but straight from Aegina Marina. If you go to Aegina Town and take the Flying Dolphins HydroFoil, it's 20 minutes to Aegina Town and 40 minutes to Athens from there. When your there, stop off at the Ta Kalamia Taverna just down the way from the hotel. Good food and good wonderful service. Ask for Kostas.

• Stayed August 2004

Been to Hotel Karyatides? Share your experiences!