“Terrific” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Orange, Texas
“Terrific”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

After having traveled many miles, we did not want to stay in a big city like Galway - but wanted to be near-by. We saw The Twelve and stopped in - they had rooms available and we were there for two nights. It was ideal - just far enough from the hustle and bustle but near enough to get to the city without any difficulties. The staff was delightful - helpful and friendly. Breakfast was delicious. We discovered several days later that The Twelve is listed in the Top 100 Accommodations in Ireland. I would say that is definitely correct!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

What I liked about this hotel was the location for Connemara & Galway. The room had ample space with robes & slippers plus mini bar but we did not use this as there is a fantastic bar & 2 restaurants. The West restaurant we did not try but the Pins restaurant was excellent with wide range of food choices. Breakfast was a good with fruit, cereal and lots of hot choices - service was excellent ! Staff at reception were fab as they even posted back to England my black cardigan that I left in the restaurant, how lovely of them. I would recommend this hotel if you are touring around as you will not get stuck in Galway traffic as it's slightly out of the town.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

We stayed in the family suite with a separate twin room and a main double. Despite the room facing the road we still slept really well. Though you can never really shut out the noise of the last stragglers leaving the bar in the middle of the night.
The decor is lovely, as are the toiletries that are organic. Our girls were particularly taken by the disco lights in the bathroom. They are supposed to be mood lights but the kids had a ball lighting up the bathroom to have a shower.
The staff were all lovely and very chatty. We really enjoyed the choices available for breakfast, which included fab croissants. And as were leaving we were given some tokens for a coffee at the bakery which we enjoyed with a scrummy fudgey chocolate fondant cake, while the kids had hot chocolate and a selection of sweets.
Galway is very close and so is the sea and a number of great restaurants. I heartily recommend a stay at The Twelve.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Athlone, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Went to The Twelve Hotel to celebrate a 60th birthday along with my family and our little King Charles!An absolutely amazing stay from start to finish..The staff,rooms and service were top class!
We had a pet suite and an adjoined twin room which was perfect to accommodate the 5 of us!Upon arrival to the fab pet suite,a bottle of Prosecco was cooling and a plate of desserts were on the table waiting for the birthday girl!A personalised card was also such a nice touch and really appreciated!I cannot forget to mention a doggy goodie bag for Milly!!Talk about an added bonus!!!
We love being able to bring Milly away with us and it really is an extra attraction to us choosing the Twelve for our regular stays in Galway.
We had some pre-dinner drinks in the beautiful bar where we got chatting to some lovely bartenders.The stay was absolutely flawless,we have been telling anyone who will listen about our fantastic stay and could not recommend it enough!!We are heading back again this weekend and are really looking forward to another fantastic stay in The Twelve Hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Have eaten in the Twelve on many occasions - and love it. the staff are always friendly and courteous regardless of if it is a family occasion, a night out with a friend, or with my partner. The menu states that the margaritas are the best in Ireland - something I would definitely agree with. Food menu is fantastic - will be returning - again and again.

Room Tip: The Twelve is wonderful - you can't go wrong
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Longford, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

No words could describe how fab this hotel is. Also the service from the dedicated staff when I encountered a dilemma after leaving was second to none.
From reception welcome to leaving you will be wowed. Both bar food and The West restaurant are amazing, in the bar the corned beef sandwich was really good with a pint of Paulaner!
Breakfast brought good choices and both mornings we were happy.
The suite we were in 1248 was lovely, dark, seductive and romantic. Our own bar area with mini bar stocked. Bakery treats in our room on arrival such a lovely touch along with welcome note.
If I were to encourage continuous improvement, just a few aesthetics, e.g Wobbly table in our room, paint needs updating in certain areas but these are just minor things!
Again I would like to thank Fergus & Cherlanne for all their help when I had an issue with my bank, they are truly professional and I appreciate everything they did.
Cannot wait to return to The Twelve!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
thepins12, Owner at The Twelve Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Rosiesmall-11,
Thank you for joining us and for your kind comments.

The wobbly table will be fixed immediately and we are painting rooms everyday. We look most forward to seeing you again soon. Delighted we managed to help with everything else. It was our pleasure.
Very best wishes,
Fergus and Team
Marquette, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

We spent a night at The Twelve before taking the ferry to Innis Mien. Our room was comfortable but we were unable to use wi fi in our room or the restaurant - could only get a signal in the lobby.
I had purchased a post card and asked front desk staff person if I could buy a stamp and was told she didn't know the price and I should go to the post office.....not what I wanted to hear. I asked if she could look up the price on the computer, which she was using. She did and I was able to purchase a stamp.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
thepins12, Owner at The Twelve Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Upred,
I have to say I am so disappointed by not so much how we failed you on this occasion, but by how you haphazardly rated us a two! Just because of the two things you felt were worthy of your prose and no mention whatsoever of any of the positives. From the moment you arrived, you were not a person with an intent on having a pleasant time.

I will not stand for my staff to be belittled. They are much more valuable than the price of a stamp or an intermittent free wi fi.

I thank you for staying but certainly not for your remiss in your review. Please try to be a little more humane and considerate the next time your fingers engage a keyboard. This time, I have and I know also that some will consider this response out of tune but sometimes, I too have to tell the truth.
Most sincerely,
Fergus

Been to The Twelve Hotel? Share your experiences!