“A fantastic stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Barna
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“A fantastic stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Our stay at The Twelve Hotel was perfect. My partner and I (and our dog) stayed for 3 nights in October. It was a surprise 30th birthday present from my partner. The hotel has a unique sense of character and the rooms are spacious and very high end. Having our dog with us made the stay even more special and being able to have him stay in our room was much better than worrying about him in the car overnight. The food in West was first class and all the staff throughout the hotel couldn't be more helpful. We honestly can't wait to stay again in the near future.

Room Tip: Many of the rooms are individually designed, do your research to see which room you want most ;-) A...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This place is a gem. The staff are really friendly and well turned out. They have the nicest uniforms I've seen in any food service business (something I suppose shouldn't matter but it does somehow). The food is really something special but the portions are a little small. In term of presentation and flavour it was top notch but I was left feeling hungry and I'm quite a light eater. I will be definitely going back. All considered it was a very enjoyable meal.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

This hotel hav been way over my expectations. I've been here for a business trip as I had to visit a customer here in Galway and I couldn't ask for more. Rooms are big, quiet and really great looking. Breakfast was just perfect and the food served at the restaurant... well that's something you want to try! Way to go Hotel Twelve!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed for a night and had a lovely relaxing time. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The bathroom was spotless and again very spacious. We had dinner in the west restaurant and found the service to be excellent. The food was to a very high standard and even though our meal was included in our stay we could choose 3 courses from the al a carte menu. Breakfast the next morning was equally good with a good choice outside of the usual fry. The bar was lively and had a good atmosphere. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed November 2013
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We were greeted by welcoming staff and warming non-alcoholic punch on arrival, which heartened us after getting caught in Galway city traffic. Staff had taken note of a special occasion we were celebrating and we enjoyed the shortbread provided. The room was spacious, comfortable and well-equipped. Low lighting, though, with no option to increase it to normal levels of lighting (I've noted this in some other boutique hotels I've stayed in recently). A dimmer switch on a normal light would have been a bonus. However, this is only a small gripe in a wonderful stay. One technical hitch we experienced was resolved promptly and courteously by the excellent manager.
Dinner (included in our package) was outstanding. Quite simply the best food I've had in many months. The Pins gastro bistro was noisy and busy but that is to be expected during school holidays.
Breakfast the following morning was absolutely superb also, with made-to-order options like pancakes and eggs benedict. On checking out, we were given a voucher for free takeaway coffee at the on-site bakery next door. What an incentive to indulge in a freshly-baked treat! Naturally we indulged.
We will definitely be back and next time I'll be taking full advantage of the spa!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I've stayed in the Twelve on 2 occasions on business. From the moment I arrived I was struck by the professionalism and friendliness of the staff. As soon as I entered reception I was offered a warm glass of fruit punch and checked in in moments. The decor of the hotel is boutique and very appealing. The room was a good size and attention to detail is evident everywhere. The room has everything you need - from robes to slippers, coffee maker, mini fridge, free wi-fi and "mood lighting" in the bathroom. A plate of shortbread and chocolate strawberries awaited me upon arrival in the room. Along with a hand and personalised written card from management. (On my second stay the card welcomed me back by name also).

I was on business during my stay so did not get to visit the area but Barna is a lovely village just a few miles from Galway city. I would highly recommend this hotel and will make a point of staying here again when in the region.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Mullingar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

The owners of this hotel clearly love being party of the hospitality industry and this is evident from the moment you arrive at The Twelve.

Simple things like a hot drink on arrival, a hand written welcome card and a sweet treat in the room set an impressive tone, and this sense of welcome is not compromised further down the line by grumpy or indifferent staff either. All the staff we encountered during our stay were brilliant and open to chatting with guests – and this included the housekeeping and maintenance staff.

The food in the Pins Bistro and the West Restaurant was exceptional and the selection of drinks on offer in the bar put many of the larger hotels we have stayed in to shame.

If you are setting out to look for flaws, you will undoubtedly find them but this hotel is an example of how things should be done. Wi-Fi is an issue which is in the process of being addressed, but in the interim, they do have cables available and will make sure you have internet access whenever you want it. And yes, the rooms could be a little brighter but this is also to be addressed shortly.

The Twelve is a quirky, personable and welcoming hotel with none of the cold, corporate BS we have encountered in other places.We hope this doesn't change!

We would certainly recommend it to anyone and look forward to visiting again in the spring.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Been to The Twelve Hotel? Share your experiences!