“Best Gem in the North Okanagan!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Kelowna, Canada
“Best Gem in the North Okanagan!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Have visited this restaurant numerous times both when they were located in Lumby and in their new larger, brighter location in Lavington...conveniently half way between Vernon and Lumby. Super convenient, fantastic service and some of the best food we've ever eaten. Have never had a bad experience, wrong order or anything short of amazing meals here. Whenever we have out of town guests, we always treat them to a meal at the Edible Canvas Grill and they always say it's one of the highlights of their stay with us! Our faves are the Coconut Prawn Salad - filled with local fresh fruit and their wonderful light and tangy dressing, as well as the Pulled Pork Sandwich which comes piled high with slaw on a fresh Ciabatta bun and just the perfectly flavoured bbq sauce. Tonight, my hubby had the steak sandwich - which he said had great flavor and was not overcooked - a nice change from many restaurant ordered steaks! Meals are so substantial, that we brought home leftovers for lunch tomorrow and sadly, had to pass up on the delectable looking desserts that we witnessed being served to other tables. Will have to save room for that on our next visit....which we hope will be very soon!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Edmonton, Canada
“Great find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

They've moved, they're located at 6290 Highway #6, Coldstream now.
We were visiting my folks in Lumby and they took us to this restaurant that they've been to before and loved. It's not at all what you'd expect from a roadside restaurant. It was really really good. I had fish in a curry sauce with veggies and potatoes. I typically don't order fish in a restaurant but decided to this time and I'm so glad I did. It was fairly busy there on a Sunday evening around 6ish. Whenever we visit my folks in the future we will definitely be going there.

Visited June 2013
Calgary
“Delicious meal!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Friends in Vernon recommended this restaurant to us. We went tonight and the meal and service was excellent. We shared a Caesar Salad. I dined on a lovely coconut curry grilled rock fish (cod) and my husband had one of the specials, their BBQ pork ribs. Both entrees were piping hot. The fish was beautifully seasoned and the ribs smelled wonderful (and tasted wonderful according to my husband). My entree was served with a variety of local vegetables (including white asparagus and fresh beans). Portions were "generous".
Our server was attentive and very accommodating to my "gluten-free" questions. The owner checked in several times with us throughout our meal.
The restaurant has relocated from Lumby to Lavington (between Lumby and Vernon) which for us meant an easy 15 minute drive from Vernon. New address is 6290 HWY 6, Coldstream, BC, 250-545-1038
We highly recommend this restaurant. We will be back!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort St. John
“Burnt Burger but obnoxious/COOK/Owner disagreed!Unbelievable!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We were traveling and stopped to eat. Waitresses were pleasant. People who arrived and ordered after us Somehow got their food before US. Close to an hour and 15 minutes later our 2 Kids got their meals. Food arrived but order was wrong. Waitress apologized. one kid got edible food, other kid's hamburger was burnt
to A crisp! l told the waitress and she had to
go and talk to Sharon (l think thats what she
Called her). Anyways - unbelievably this went
back and forth - between me and the
waitress - because the
Cook said the burger was
charbroiled. 0MG! The burger was black and tasted terribly burnt. The staff argued but then said they hope we come again. l had to find A McDonalds to feed my one child before bed. There are so many more petty details! We won't recommend or stop there again,

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Outstandingly amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Phenomenal. This establishment far exceeded my expectations.
The portions were big but the flavor was huge!
The host/server had an appropriate sense of humor, a great attitude, and showed a genuine and prompt attention to our needs and requests.
The dining room is simple yet elegant, and the perfect size. The overall atmosphere was pleasant as well.
We will definately return many times in the future.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere