“A hostal of 2 halves - "Chic & Shabby"” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hostal Talamanca

Save Saved
You added Hostal Talamanca to your Saves list
Hostal Talamanca
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Playa Talamanca | Apartado 103, 07800 Talamanca, Ibiza Town, Ibiza, Spain   |
Ranked #9 of 9 hotels in Talamanca
Stevenage, England, United Kingdom
“A hostal of 2 halves - "Chic & Shabby"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

DO NOT BOOK A ROOM ON THE BACK OF THE HOSTEL AT ANY COST!!!!
I have just come back from a 10day solo tour of the island staying at 6 different places and this place was by far the worst!! The reason i say "chic & shabby" is if you have a room on the front with the nice views of the sea etc then you`re in the "chic" part, but if you stay on the back like i did then this is just pure "SHABBY"!! I stayed in room 124 which measured approx 8ft x 14ft and you could stand in the middle of the room and touch all 4 walls - i now know how ppl feel when they say they feel claustrophobic. My view from my window was of the dusty communial carpark for anyones use and on from that scrub-land. On a few occasions when i did look out my window there were ppl in broad daylight urinating up the carpark wall (as in pic behind burgandy car). Then at night time you had to contend with the busy road that was DIRECTLY under your window which seemed to be a meeting point for the locals who`d turn up at ALL hours, park their cars up with their car music blarring out and talking/shouting amongst themselves, plus scooters and every other form of transport using the road, so if you wanted a early night like i did FORGET IT!!! I was mean`t to stay here for 2 nights but checked out after the first and proceeded to my next destination. Also i asked for a menu at lunchtime thinking i`d be able to order a sandwich or suchlike but everything on the menu started at 9euro`s just for a soup then it all went up to 13+ euro`s, so no chance of a cheap bite to eat. The rooms were dirty and cob-webs everywhere (as in pic) and as the night progressed into morning the bedroom doors were getting slammed louder as there was just one long corridoor the entire length of the hostel so you`d hear every door close/slam. As for breakfast - it was a sdire as the hostel, vending machine tea/coffee - YUK!! I must stress also that in my opinion this isn`t a place for solo travellers as everything seems geared towards couples all trying to look/act suave. I had high expectations when i booked this place based on the "hype" but my heart sunk as soon as i opened the room door :/
This could be a really nice place if the rooms had a makeover and it wern`t so pretencious.

Room Tip: If you book at this hostel DONT get fobbed off with a room on the back!!! Make sure you get a room o...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

79 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Gt. Manchester England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

Stayed at the Talamanca 16-19 December, we picked it ecause of th egood reviews it already had, plus Parking was available always a plus in Evissa town, we arrived quite late and imediatly was offered an upgrade to a suite right on the beach, I went to check it out, but there was no lighting, so it was a bit dangerous underfoot, I rejected this room because of this and also because the room smelt a bit damp. though it ws a good size. It was only in the morning when I could see how good a position it was in, with a superbe view that I regreted this. instead we decided to take room 118, on the first floor, no lift and the hotel also had the builders in so next morning we were woken up by banging at around 7.30am there was also a lot of cement dust on the hand rails, not that important I know but still off putting. I have to say both me husband and myself said we had never slept in a more uncomfortable bed but other that that the room was ok and had a lovely view of the sea. The breakfast was a cold buffet , I would have prefered to have something hot, which given the fact the hotel has an excellent resturant facility was a bit of a shame. The staff were excellent very helpful and friendly, I thought the cost was a little steep 63 E per night for a double room, the facilities were very basic and we met other people staying at the other side of Evissa town in a beach side hotel, paying only 25 E per night. Would I stay there again? only if I was unable to find something else.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
howarthhouse
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

this is the second time i have stayed here and again it was perfect the rooms are very basic but what you would expect from a hostel very clean and all the staff are so nice and helpfull the veiw is outstanding and the beach perfect Would i go again try and stop me !!!

Room Tip: ask for and pay extra for a sea veiw worth the differance
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Rabat, Morocco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

If you want to go with your family, or for a romantic gateway, forget it.
If you want to party, but to be in a quiet area during morning to rest a bit, or head to the sea while coming back from the Space, this is a really nice spot.
Rooms are a bit small, not perfectly cleaned, but it's ok for a short stay when you will anyway be most of the time on the beach or the dancefloor.
Seaview rooms have great balcony.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
North Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

We stayed at the hostal in April 2010.. We were familiar with Talamanca and chose the hostal because of its typical Ibencian characteristics and it's postion on the beach. We had paid extra for a beach view from our room but when we checked in they gave us a room on the road side. When this was queried we were given a beach viwe room which was excellent. You could almost touch the sand. Breakfast was included and was more than adequate. Unpretentious but has hotel qualities. Would totally recommend if you want to experience accmodaion without the corporate slant, Loved it.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Southampton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

Stayed in Hostal Talamanca over Easter weekend 2010.
It's right on Talamanca beach which has a few places to eat /bars.
Breakfast was fairly typical - bread, fruit, cheeses etc. Perfectly fine.
Staff were very friendly and helpful. We asked for a mojito one night and got an amazing strawberry one.
We had a room over looking the street. We weren't that bothered as out in the town most of the day and night. Our room was by the reception so a little noisy at times. The room was a little small but fine for the weekend. The bathroom was small too. Probably could do with a bit of a revamp.
There is a marina nearby with lots of restaurants and bars - maybe a tad pricey. Town is a 25 minute walk. We would walk in and get a taxi (8 euros) back at night. I've seen reviews moaning about this walk and saying it felt unsafe. We walked it on many occasions along Carrer de Joan Carles and never felt worried. Get a taxi!
I would recommend this to friends for a reasonable hotel right on the beach.
It's quite close to Pacha night club too!
Can imagine it may be a bit of a party / lounge type place in the summer.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
St Albans
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

We were recommended to stay here by friends who live on ibiza so we came for a few days and fell in love with the Hostal completely. Full of friendly and helpful staff, the room, although basic, was just great with ensuite shower room and the views from the balcony simply stunning. The food was fab and the whole atmosphere of the place just fantastic. Instant relaxation and close to Ibiza town as well being 5 minutes from the Harbour then 15 minutes by boat to the Old Town.

Just go there, you will not regret it! We didn't and we will be going back, next time for far longer!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hostal Talamanca? Share your experiences!