“Nice enougth” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Simbad Hotel

You added Simbad Hotel to your Saves list
Simbad Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   C/ Ses Figueres 22 | Playa de Talamanca, 07800 Talamanca, Ibiza Town, Ibiza, Spain   |
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Talamanca
Southampton
“Nice enougth”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights at the end of a 2 week stay in Ibiza during September 2012. Mainly as I got an offer with a good/ cheaper price also because I wanted to chill out for the last couple of days, after many nights out Clubbing!

Hotel itself is immaculate, rooms were clean and very nice. I had a sea view, and the view over Ibiza town at night was really nice. Views over the sea were great and peaceful at night. Hence the reason I came to stay here for a couple of nights before I went home.

Stayed 1/2 Board, buffet was OK so so, some of the food should have been kept a bit hotter.

Breakfasts were nice Freshly squeesed orance juice and nice omlettes and toasted sandwiches made in front of you by a nice lady.

Outdoor pool wasn't great/ a bit of a let down, little sunloungers/ umbrellas. Also felt as though anyone could use it as it is away from the hotel.

Would I stay here if I was going out clubbing to lots of clubs in Ibiza?
No: it is too far out the way ie a Taxi ride every time which unless you have a full taxi it would be very costly. I would't bother waiting for a bus, and there are no night club buses around here. Better of staying around Playa D'enbossa or San An.
If you were only going out for 1 night then maybee.

The walk to Ibiza Town is around 30 - 45 min from here.

Hotel area is nice near the beach and surrounding area is nice too!

Would I stay here again probably not. As i say it's just OK if you just want to chill out.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
alvarosimbad s, Manager at Simbad Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Customer, Thank you for sharing your impressions with us. We are delighted that your stay with us has been so positive. Hope to see you back very soon for Simbad.Greetings

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Pembrokeshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Great hotel - we went there at the end of the Ibiza season so it was very quiet - the staff were great, very helpful, food was good - we went half board and there was enough variety to keep us happy, which is not always the case with the inclusive buffet style meals. It was up there with the best from an inclusive meal perspective. If it was busier I would say the sunbathing space around the pool would be limited, but there were several beaches with in a very short walk. No complaints at all, the only thing to bear in mind is that its a fair walk from the town - you have to walk around the harbour and the port which takes a good 45 minutes. Plenty of taxis and buses available though and we enjoyed the walk as there is plenty to look at. It is definitely worth mentioning that if you get a sea view, the view across the bay is really beautiful, both in the day and night, and well worth the bit extra we had to pay to get it.

Room Tip: Definitely spend the extra to get a sea view, the view from the other side is just of a road and som...
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

I was literally told off by the restaurant manager at breakfast. My crime was to use the orange jug in the machine rather than the one on the side. Spoke to me like a child at school. Complained to the reception manager who spoke poor English, he was extremely arrogant and basically took the side of his colleague. A one point he was grinning at me and came around the reception desk to confront me. What a joke. Another incident involved the hotel chamber maid. They didn't want to give me some extra shower gel, talk about being petty. Costs about 5p per sachet I bet.

Some of my othe gripes were some of the facilities were not working such as cold jacuzzi and indoor pool one day. The sauna was out of action one day also as was tv in gym room.

Good points being free wifi throughout the hotel inc bedroom, buffet food was pretty ok but sometimes repitive and location about 20 plus minutes to Ibiza town centre. Rooms were kept clean and was acceptable. A lot of Germans stay there which I see as a good point!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
alvarosimbad s, Manager at Simbad Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
We apologize for the misunderstanding!!!!!
we always trying to help our customers if they want.....!!!!!
lincoln
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

The Simbad is a pleasant hotel but is lacking a lot of 4* qualities.
Lovely if you get a sea-view room, otherwise you face a busy street and are overlooked by neighbourhood apartments. There is little privacy due to no net curtain, also no tea and coffee making facilities also the chairs on the balcony are cheap metal - very uncomfortable!
Saying that, the room was kept very clean and the bed comfy.
The dining area was lovely, overlooking the sea and the food was ok but not 4*.
The pool area was shabby with hard plastic sunbeds (no cushions available), with little shade. The area is all concrete, no greenery and the pool was exceptionally cold!
We ended up using the pool area at the nearby (sister?) hotel 'The Victoria' which was lovely - friendly staff, very comfortable sunbeds (with cushions) a lovely grassy area including a 'mini-golf' section.
The hotel is a pleasant 20 minute walk to the harbour where you can catch a ferry to old Ibiza town which is lovely, definately worth an uphill walk to the castle too.
Such a shame the 'little' things let this hotel down - it could be such a super place to stay!

Room Tip: Make sure when you book you ask for a sea-view room, we tried to upgrade with no success.
Poole, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Just back from Simbad which I booked after reading Tripadvisor reviews. On re-reading reviews now not sure who writes theses flowery reviews as we were disappointed as Hotel is not as described.

Hotel mucked our booking up which did not help, they reluctantly compensated us, in their view too well as at check out changed there mind which resulted in an unpleasant scene with the scruffy manager (looked like he had slept on the beach!) shouting at my wife. Never in all my years staying in hotels all over the world has a manager totally lost control.

However that is a personal problem & does not help with the description of the hotel but I suspect as they seem to be full with a high turn over you may not always get the room you booked i.e. street when booked sea view. Hotel is more of a business type hotel, perfectly adequate with good rooms clean & comfortable. Food is good but dining room frantic with staff under pressure.

Pool area is very basic with job-lot of white plastic chairs and little shade and is by the side of a small tatty beach. Hotel is wrong end of Talamanca beach so you need to walk 15-20 min to get to best part of beach where you can hire sunbeds and water is clear. You cant walk to Ibiza town in half hour as some of the reports suggest!

There is no parking so you have to find a spot on the road as you drive round & round, you have been warned!

If your on business, great hotel but if your on a family holiday with children look elsewhere especially as Ibiza has some truly wonderful beaches with a vast selection of family hotels but you do need to book with care.

Room Tip: Cant be street view as your get no sleep.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Simbad Hotel in July this year! We absolutely loved the hotel! The main reception, bar and restaurant are very modern with views out to the bay and nice swimming pool. We were half board; the food was delicious with a great selection. The staff were all really nice. The hotel is on a beautiful bay with a gorgeous beach. Our room was lovely; we had a sea view room with views to the castle. Every night we walked along past the marina then up in to the old town and castle. I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone looking for somewhere to chill in Ibiza but still be near enough to the biz if you want to divulge!

Room Tip: Book a sea view room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Bury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Our first view as we walked into the reception was the beautiful ceiling height glass windows and doors leading to the verander overlooking the sea. They had us at that point.

The room was clean and a decent size, and I am so glad I paid the extra for the sea view. It was absolutely stunning. But no fear, those without a balcony facing the sea can sit on the verander bar area and watch it from there.

The cleaners were fantastic and very friendly. They deserve a special mention.

Lots of choice for breakfast, but I think the lady that cooks the eggs needs a lesson in multi-tasking!!! Also, the fresh orange juice was actually "fresh orange juice", not that powder mix stuff hotels usually pass off. Didn't actually get a chance to eat lunch or dinner there, but the choice looked good.

The location was perfect for what we were after. Nice and quiet on the beach, but with lots of little bars and restaurants along the beach. Ibiza centre is about 30 minutes walk away on foot, but it is a very beautiful and relaxing walk. There is a bus stop near by if you don't fancy the walk, or you can get the ferry into town from the Marina for less than 2 euros. You also have the choice of the hotel bar itself, which is pretty cool.

If you go, you must eat at El Pulpo on the beach and then get yourself a Mohito at Talamanca Club further up the beach.

I really recommend the bus trip into San Antonio. Not for San Antonio itself, as it's your typical holiday resort with pictures of your food in every restaurant and chips served with all. But you do have to have the Cafe Del Mar experiene and watch the sun set whilst listening to their chilled out and beautiful music. Be warned the drinks are expensive at Del Mar, Mohito's were 12 Euro's compared to around 6 elsewhere.

This was my first time in Ibiza, and I was really not expecting the beautiful island that it is. I was expecting some tacky seaside rave place. But I could not be further from the truth. Ibiza town and Talamanca beach have to be one of the most beautiful places I have been to. I will definately be going again, and I will be staying at the Simbad hotel for sure.

Room Tip: Spend the extra and get a balcony with sea view. I know everyone says that, but it is something spe...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Simbad Hotel? Share your experiences!