“Sa Roca - a true Menorcan dream” 5 of 5 stars

+34 971 18 86 42
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Mercadal
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
“Sa Roca - a true Menorcan dream”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

This is a very special restaurant in many ways. The setting, the atmosphere, the food and above all the service are very special and a visit here will stay in your memory! Situated off the Mahon to Fornells road this magical place is worth the journey through the pine forest. Andrea and the family will look after your every need and serve you delicious food. We have been regular clients for over 15 years and appreciate everything this restaurant offers. The menu is unique and most vegetables are grown in the garden at the rear of the property. We especially enjoy the magnificent oven baked sea bream! Try the garlic soup ( cooked individually to order) and the green bean starter. Everything is of the highest quality making every visit a truly wonderful occasion.
Thank you Sa Roca!!

Essex
“Just superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have been a regular visitor to Menorca for over 20 yrs now as my parents and sister all live there, this being the case its fair to say I have eaten in my fair share of resaurants on the island. After reading the reviews on TA I decided to book and visited on the 12th August. The place isnt the easiest to find howeve there is virtually nothing in Sa Roca so in short (Turn left just passed Son Park (Fornells Rd) signposted Sa Roca. Head up the hill for about 3k and its on the left with 2 flags.

We arrived and first thought the location and setting was superb. We were met by Andrea who greeted us warmly and sat us down. The tables overlook the pool and , the setting was quite romantic with good attention to detail.

We ordered starters and mains which were all superb. I had the stuffed peppers and then Baby Pig (love the crackling). Both were big in portion size and great to eat. My wife also commented that her meal was loverly.

Andrea advised on the wine and we went for the house which was really nice. To finish off we opted to share the desert which was cheesecake. WOW , it was the best cheesecake either of us have ever tasted (I have had a lot !). Andrea informed me it was home made and gave me some info on the place itself. All in all a wonderfull place for a romatic or nice meal with your partner. Probaly not the place for children however but if you are visiting menorca I would recommend you go . Its not the cheapest (2 of us cost 110 Euro) however , well worth it for the food and wonderfull service.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
spain
“amazing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

amazing to return again.
quiet, low music and not as crowded. service only at night, and you have to go by private car because it is in the rural area of ​​Fornells

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Well Worth the Journey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

It might be somewhat in the middle of nowhere, but you simply have to give this place a go. Fantastic setting, wonderful staff, great GnT's & the food was delicious. You'll have to book, but you'll see why. Had stuffed courgettes for starters which were awesome, whether you have meat or fish for mains trust me it'll be excellent. I will certainly be going back whenever I'm on the island. Top marks.

• Visited July 2013
Mahon, Spain
“I would give 6 stars if I could! Amazing food, service and atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Wow what an amazing restaurant! The service, food and atmosphere was excellent and by far the best we have experienced on the island after 6 years of visiting. My only regret is that we didn't find it a few years ago!

The service provided by Andrea was excellent and nothing was too much trouble. The tables were beautifully set and spaced out. There are only approximately 8 tables and a total of 30-40 covers. On arrival we ordered two pomadas and enjoyed these while browsing the lovely hand made menus. Andrea was on hand to make recommendation and suggestion when asked.

The menu is impressive and after some deliberation I chose the sizzling prawns with garlic chilli and olive oil (an excellent choice even if I do say so myself!) and my partner chose the goats cheese salad. Both were excellent and left us excited for our mains! Both mains were fantastic and the meat (shoulder of lamb and steak) was cooked to perfection. The deserts were very good too!

In all the evening was thoroughly enjoyed and I can not recommend it more highly for a romantic meal during a stay in menorca. We loved it that much we will be staying there when we visit next year. Roll on summer 2014! A 6* restaurant!