“Im a regular” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Sombrero

You added Comfort Inn & Suites Sombrero to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites Sombrero
4.0 of 5 Motel   |   288-292 Main North Rd | Prospect, Prospect, South Australia 5082, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Prospect
Parndana, Australia
“Im a regular”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I live on Kangaroo Island and travel to Adelaide every 2 months. I have stayed in many motels in Adelaide, most quite nice, then I tried the Sombrero 2 years ago and have not stayed anywhere else. The location is excellent in relation to shops, services and the city. The rooms are comfortable, clean and the restaurant has great food. But the best thing about this motel is the owners and staff, very friendly and extremely helpful. Everybody has bad days but these people never seem to show it, they truly care their guests have a pleasant stay. Also Marley, the dog, is awesome if your lucky enough to see her.

Room Tip: Both standard and double rooms are fine, depends how much room you need.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Con K, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Sombrero, responded to this review, May 7, 2013

We always look forward to you arrival and catching up when you are here.

Regards.

Con

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here overnight. When I booked the room over the phone the woman said the room was $125 inc free continental breakfast. She stated that the room was normally $159 per night, but I was quite unimpressed with what I saw on the Internet to what I saw when we arrived. The room was out dated 70's style with exposed brick, bed lamps didn't work, just not a very welcoming room. The bed spread was stained but other than that it was clean and tidy. Not something I would pay $125 for again, so if I was charged the original price of $159 I would be extremely annoyed. Our windows were closed and we had a room at the back of the complex, still very loud all night. On the upside, free parking! Normally we stay at Adelaide Granada when we come to Adelaide, very cheap and renovated rooms are lovely. I thought we would try somewhere closer to where we needed to be but next time I will stick to what I know it think.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Con K, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Sombrero, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for your feedback.

I'm sorry we didn't meet your expectations.

It is always good to get feedback though and I appreciate your honesty.

Thank you again.
Broken Hill, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We have travelled to Adelaide 3-4 times a year for the past 12 years and always stay here. The rooms are always clean and presentable (and we have stayed in most of them over the years). All the staff are all very helpful and pleasant and 24 hour reception for late check in or early departure is also good. The location for us is also great, being only 20 minutes drive to the CBD, and plenty of shopping and eating within walking distance. HIghly recommended!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the side street are very quiet, especially with the shutters down
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I recently spent a short holiday in Adelaide staying at the Sombrero in Prospect. I found it to be a perfectly pleasant motel that provides all that you would expect in a quality motor inn and more. Prospect is a perfect location to base a holiday to visit the Barossa, Clare Valley and the Adelaide Hills. Free parking is always a bonus.

And one more thing. The in-house restaurant, not widely advertised, is one of Adelaide's hidden secrets, you should check it out for sure!

Room Tip: Part of the hotel is situated on a main road, so you might want to ask for a room that is not sited...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Hi All,

I stay at the Sombrero Comfort Inn whenever I am in Adelaide with work and have never been disappointed with the service, rooms or friendly staff. The rooms are always clean before and during my stays and if you need special requirements they go out of their way to try and help you. Never disappointed -- Grant - Sales Manager from Melbourne.. Aust..

Room Tip: I find aqll rooms to be just great.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you Grant.
It is always good to see our regular guests.

Regards.

Con.
melbourne,aust
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights with the family. Well located with good access to CBD, friendly owners and staff, well priced and comfortable accommodation. Would stay again when in adelaide. A definite thumbs up!

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My husband and I relocated from Darwin to Adelaide and during our stay we have found the staff so welcoming even the housekeepers were fantastic the rooms are very spacious and even the busy road that our bedroom faced wasn't a a downfall as the staff and hotel was wonderful. As I work in the hospitality industry I have found every stay so comforting and any requests to reception wasn't a drama thank you to the staff and the hotel for making our stay so lovely. And to the lovely lady on reception at night for helping us with the laundry and the lovely housekeeper for your welcoming smile and chats in the morning. Will definitely recommend this hotel to our friends and anybody relocating to Adelaide.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Sombrero? Share your experiences!