Overall the standard of this hotel was inconsistent as follows;
- Location was excellent, right on the beach at Can Picafort - you could eat breakfast and clearly see people taking early morning dips.
- Beach bar linked to the hotel was excellently serviced, a little slow - but hey, we're in Majorca ;-)
- Staff very pleasant and mostly friendly, tend to be more German speaking than English speaking but overall pleasant experience
- Rooms were very comfortable and pleasant - if you were lucky enough to get a balcony overlooking the beach absolutely great !
Onto the Average points;
- Food was average, most nights were pork or veal with associated vegetables and salads. Desserts tended to be the same everynight. Breakfast was standard buffet. Bearing in mind this was a half-board hotel it was a little disappointing.
Onto the negatives;
- Overbooking. This was a major problem for this hotel - clearly there is a breakdown between its agencies and the reservations department. We phoned when we were trying to find the hotel (we hired a car) only to be told we were booked in at a hotel 4 km's away - not good. No directions, just the hotel name - not a great start to our 7 day break. On the flip side, after being told we were to stay in the alternative hotel for 3 nights we did turn up the next day and were promptly offered 2 rooms (we booked 2 doubles) only to get one double and one single room - so a halfway house. Bearing in mind there were three of us we took the offer with the agreement from the hotel we would get compensation on the difference. A lot of other families (mostly English) had similar problems, personally I don't believe this was an anti-English thing, but more of the fact that the agencies we booked through were at fault.
- The beds. Absolutely the most uncomfortable I've ever slept in (including camping on hard ground). We did get the matress changes with little fuss but both that and the pillows were as hard as rocks.
So overall, if the beds were more comfortable I would have given this a 4 star rating, we're still waiting on the compensation on the difference so the juries out on that one !
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Santa Fe Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Santa Fe
- Santa Fe Hotel Majorca/Santa Margalida, Spain