“Super! Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Krk
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Super! Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We just came back from our vacation on island Krk in Valamar Koralj Romantic Hotel. I can only say that it was perfect! I am someone who travel a lot and usually to the 4 and 5 star hotels, so I did raised my eyebrow when my friend recommended this 3 star hotel to me. But I can now only say that having only 3 star doesn't do it justice.
The hotel itself is not very big but its nice and clean, interior is beautiful with warm colors. The pools are also very nice and clean, I love the addition of the Jacuzzi!
We had Superior Twin room with balcony with sea view, it was kinda small but clean and lovely. It was just enough for 2 persons.
The beach is very clean and u have two options, to be on the sun right next to the sea or, if u prefer, to be in shade in beautiful pine forest close to the sea. Beach is covered in nice white pebbles and sea is crystal clear. On the beach there is a shower, but you need to prepare 1 kuna (Croatian currency) to pay for it. Which is good way of trying to save some water and I totally support it.
Food in the hotel is excellent! There is big variety of the high quality food, nice and tasty. Waitresses are very polite and helpful, you really feel welcomed there.
And if u want to have some fun, there is a beautiful illuminated path to the city of Krk, right next to the sea, around 10 mins walk to the city center.

For me Valamar Koralj Romantic Hotel have all qualities which good 4 star hotel have: good location, clean rooms, peaceful nights so you can get good night rest in your room, clean beautiful beach, great food and above all that kind and friendly personnel. Because of all of that we are ready to visit it again, in August or September, and then next year again for sure. Would be nice to get same room too :)
I already started to recommend this hotel to all of my friends and now to all of you too. :)

Nena Molnar

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Valamar Koralj Romantic Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Dear Nena M.,

Thank you for your wonderful review. It is a pleasure for us to have you as our guest and friend. We are always improving our service and we are delighted to see how well we are doing it. We look forward to welcoming you again in our hotel Valamar Koralj, and I hope we make your next vacation in our hotel even better.

Sincerely yours,

Mile Pavlica

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

The hotel itself is nice and light in the main bar and eating areas. The pools are very nice and clean, the beach below is quite nice as well.

My partner and I found the quality to be great, there was a great variety. Something to be aware of drinks with dinner are not included you need to pay extra for that. The drink prices are slightly more expensive than you would find in town but it is more about the convince and I didn't have a problem with that.

The room itself was good, I recommend a room with a balcony facing the water if possible. It is really nice on a warm night. The only two issues I had with the room were that - the light in the bathroom blew and to the credit of the hotel the maintenance man arrived in 10 mins to fix it straight away.
The other issue is that the doors seemed to be missing some of the final fittings and our door handle was quite poor. I thought it was going to come off due to being so lose.

I believe the hotel opened no long before we arrived (a few weeks?) but there was a lot of maintenance going on, painting, repairing paths with large angle grinders and they turned off the electricity for 2-3 hours on one of the days (we were notified the day before). This all seems like something that should be done in the off season when the hotel is closed, not when there are guests around. It didn't inconvenience us in anyway but it just seemed slightly unprofessional.

The hotel is about a 20min walk along the coast to the town and if you want something to lunch at the hotel I can recommend the tavern. There was a really nice male staff member there who we thought was fabulous and provided great service.

Overall we had a great stay and I would love to stay again in the height of summer as I believe it would be wonderful.

Room Tip: One that is not over the pool area but still faces the sea.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Mile_Pavlica, General Manager at Valamar Koralj Romantic Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear Mr. TimboAu,

I'm sorry that you seem to have experienced a few issues during your stay with us.
During electrical maintenance on main electrical cables the whole city of Krk had no electricity, I'm really sorry for the inconvenience but we cold not influence on timing of maintenance.
Due to technical issues I would like to assure you that your observations and comments have been discussed with the team and appropriate action where taken.
Sincerely yours,

Mile Pavlica

Hotel Manager
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

We stayed there almost a week and I could stay more. The room was ok, a little bit small for a person with a child, but we couldn´t no that befoure, otherways we had booked a bigger room, but was ok. When we came i saw that our bathroom wasn´t realy 100% cleaned and I just tould the receptionist and they cleaned it, so was everythig good. The food is very good, every day something new and the restaurant has a wonderful view to the see. The beach and the city are very nice too. I just thing the beach it´s gangerous for small children, it was very slippery and at the first day I sleep with my baby in my arm and if it wasn´t a couple next to us to take us out the water it could be realy bad at it was in the and. There were no chairs too, like it says at the hotel reservation, but good, we couldn´t seat anyway because of our baby. The hotel bar was very good too, the waiters were very friendly altought one of them was telling us that they had not enought crew for the bar at this time of the year because it was after the seasons. I thought it was ok and the cocktails were realy good.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
valamar-koralj-hotel, Manager at Valamar Koralj Romantic Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Dear Mr. Travelland1781, On behalf of Valamar Hotels and Resorts, and me personally, I would like to thank you very much for staying in our hotel. We are grateful that you have shared with us impressions from that period. Your comments are of tremendous importance to us, because in this way we acquire complete picture of the quality level of our services. We took Your comments seriously , because in this way we acquire complete picture of the quality level of our services, and they provide us with objectives and directions towards continual improvements. This was really a nice letter; very motivating to our crew. It made us happy and proud to hear that we’ve met your expectations. We were pleased, because we share the happiness of our patrons; and we were proud because your satisfaction with our service is a validation of our mission and goal fulfilment. I can assure you that quality and courteous service is our ongoing task and that we will continue to make your stay in our premises special. Sincerely your, Mile Pavlica Hotel Manager
bavaria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011 via mobile

+ : beautiful island & city, nice hotel location, right at seafront, rooms towards seaside partly with beautiful view and sunny balcony, spa area renovated and very nice (10,-€/P/d), overal in public area clean, pine trees around the primacy, breakfast OK

- : rather small rooms, tiny and worn (!) bathroom, doors creak, several damages in wooden frames, carpet is "done", worst was FREEZING shower water (both in room and in spa, we were given a complomentary spa voucher, therefore - still very unsatisfying), considering the regular rate, it appears to be somewhat high, service of some waiters was very rude, others were friendly, though

• Stayed October 2011
Dear Mr.Hightower875, On behalf of Valamar Hotels and Resorts, and me personally, I thank you very much for staying in our hotel.Your comments are of tremendous importance to us, because in this way we acquire complete picture of the quality level of our services, and they provide us with objectives and directions towards continual improvements. Looking forward to meet you again. Sincerely yours, Mile Pavlica Hotel Manager
Moscow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

We found it useing google earth: looked for a good location, and we had it.
It was 20 min. walk from the Krk city, had several beaches within its area (far better than hotels nearby) and it offered good ammount of services.

The reception desk stuff speaks German, Italian and English perfectly. Even Russian could do in most cases. Our room had no balcony, but it was close to reception, and we had WiFi there!!! Rooms are clean, service is very friendly -- all my sudden requests were fullfilled. Food (breakfast and dinner) is of great variety and good quality. There was also a nice tavern close to beach, and beach bar.

There are several beaches nearby: nice harbour close to the hotel, with sand bottom and concrete banks -- best for kids, rocky beach next to it, good for swimmers, and small harbor for pets (dogs) -- all are pretty clean.

Room is relatively big, with condition, minibar. Fun animation and rich evening programs. Good fitness, and massage and other wellness stuff. Free bathing/beach towels.

Few minor complains:

1. some people complain on "small shower" -- that can be a problem for reaaaly big people.
2. rooms lack places to dry things (towels, swimsuits) -- without balcony that's a problem.
3. Minibar fridge can contain only the minibar drinks -- no chance to keep a bottle of wine with melons in it, as we used to in other places.
4. Lack of power plugs to charge the notebook/ipad/camera/cellphone/mp3-palyer/incert the needed. A power plug junction adapter could be usefull.

otherwise, it's 4.9 out of 5. The hotel itself was the best part of our stay. Worth the money.

the city itself is also fun, and offers lots of entertainment.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

This is a lovely hotel with the most incredible views over the sea and coastline.

It's located about a ten minute walk along the coast from the town.

Beautiful pools, great bar, good rooms - would say that the only thing stopping this being a 4 star hotel would be the size of the bathrooms.

For those arranging your own holiday, it's a lot easier (though slightly more expensive) to get a taxi directly from the hotel to the airport (takes about 20 mins). You could get the bus, however that takes you 1.5 hrs out of the way to Rijeka only to get another bus to come back the way you've just come!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Mrs.JellyJ, Let us thank you for choosing our hotel for your holidays. It makes us really proud and happy hearing that you were satisfied. We appreciate a lot that your shared your impresions during your stay in our hotel. We hope you will visit us again. Best regards Mile Pavlica
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

Spent 4 night here as part of a motor cycle trip through Germany, Austria staying in a number of quality hotel but this was by the far the best hotel of the trip. We had booked a Romantic Suite with Dinner B & B. The food was fab and the staff were all so friendly and helpful. dinner was served from 6-9 p.m. and was buffet but even at 8.30 p.m. they would be replenishing the dishes. The hotel was busy and there were a number of kids there but they were not a problem the staff around the pool's made sure of that. The suite we had offered us a patio area which is bigger than our garden at home and could be accessed from either the bedroom or the living area both rooms were very good size and the bathroom had two wash hand basins and the WC was separate. The hotel is set in a pine Forrester with walks through the trees to the village and down to the beach a welcome shade form the hot sun! There is a beech which is occupied by the hotel and has a bar and sun beds that can be hired for the day (small fee) all of which can be charged back to the room (no need to have any money. Almost afraid to tell people how good this place is as would like to keep it for myself! Website does not give justice to this hotel it is much better than any picture seen.

Room Tip: Worth spending the extra for the suite and ask for a room looking down in the direction of the sea.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Valamar Koralj Romantic Hotel? Share your experiences!