“Very nice restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Bracieux
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Exquisite cuisine for a very affordable price. Fine food, excellent choice of wines, typical French cuisine in an immaculate dinning room with an exceptionnal service. This is better than some Michelin Star restaurants I have been. Worths the detour even for a one hour long drive. Very close from one of the most visited castle in France : Chambord.
Buxton, United Kingdom
“Very nice restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Very good food, good service but perhaps lacked a little atmoshphere.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Outstanding restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful food of the best quality - probably of our whole trip. Great service and authentic French food and wine - very close to Michelin star level.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A truffle of delight in the forest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

We stumbled across Au Relais d'Artemis one Sunday night when looking for a place to eat dinner. From the moment we walked in the door, the staff were each incredible. The wait staff was friendly, warm and thoughtful, preparing a vegetarian dinner for my sister that was divine. I had a fantastic degustation menu that comprised escargot and deer, along with a beautiful Vouvray wine from Marc Bredif. The owner took the time to come and speak with us, and we agree with each of the other reviewers; when is this place going to get a Michelin Star- by far and away our best meal of 6 weeks in Europe and surprisingly affordable!

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Canada
“First class restaurant in Bracieux”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

I swear, I still could taste some ingredients for a few days. It is a very good restaurant and it is possible to sample food as they have several menus to try. We arrived for lunch after visiting Chambord and before heading to Cheverny. We could park in front of the restaurant. The restaurant had a big restaurant section almost full on a Wednesday, a bar section, more casual where we were seated, and a garden, which was closed since big clouds were around. I dressed in a blazer, but many people were just wearing jeans for lunch, still some business people who were dressed. The 2-3 families were sat in the bar section which had comfortable settings. Our son and another kid were playing DS.
The personnel was attentive and nice. They also have high chairs for kids, better to reserve and child menu.
We were served an anchoiade with bread to start with. Our son had a big plate of roast chicken and fries followed by an ice cream, so he was enchanted. We went with 18E menus.
We had each a terrine, followed by magret de canard (duck magret), then I went with cheese plate and my husband with a caprice du chef au chocolat. The terrine was good with delicious compote d'ognion. The magret was presented as a flower, perfectly rose with tasty sauce and accompanied with a renverse which was sour but very good (I tasted that for a few days in my mouth). There was also a potato cut in two and presented as another flower.
At first my husband thought he won't have enough food, but with his desert it was just enough for visiting Cheverny. I receives my cheese plate with 3 tiny pieces of cheese, but the surprise was each cheese had a pronounced smell and specific taste, and with bread I felt I had enough food. I really enjoyed cheese plate.
All accompanied with a house rose. It was the most refined meal(in terms of food) we had during our 1 month trip to France.
I highly recommend this place.

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Longueuil, Canada
“When Will it Get a Michelin Star? / À quand une étoile Michelin ?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

We were looking for a place to eat on our way to visit Chambord's Castle. We passed by the restaurant by car and could smell in the air good food. At first, we did not stopped; thinking there would be more restaurants on the road to realize there would be none in the forest surrounding the castle... This was the best U-turn we ever made in our life. The food was simply to die for! French cuisine classics with a lot of subtiles flavors and a very good wine list at a faire price. The service was excellent not to say extraordinary! The restaurant was spotless. And all of the above for a ridiculous price for the quality of what you get. This restaurant is really worth a detour! // Nous cherchions un endroit où manger sur le chemin pour visiter le Château Chambord. Nous sommes passés en voiture à côté du restaurant et nous pouvions sentir une odeur de bonne nourriture dans l'air. Au premier passage, nous ne nous sommes pas arrêtés croyant qu'il y aurait d'autres restaurants sur le chemin pour réaliser qu'il n'y en aurait pas d'autres au milieu de la forêt entourant le château. Ce fût le meilleur retour sur nos pas de notre vie. La nourriture était à faire saliver bien des gourmands! Classiques de la cuisine française avec beaucoup de saveurs subtiles et une très bonne liste de vins. Le service était excellent voir extraordinaire. Le restaurant était immaculé. Et le tout, pour un prix ridicule pour la qualité de ce que l'on vous sert. Ce restaurant vaut vraiment le détour!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere