“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
California
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I can't say anything but great things about this place. Simply awesome. Wonderful shots and chef. Small and intimate. Sushi at its perfection. :)

Oslo, Norway
“I fell in love”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I've been to Sukiyabashi Jiro. This was that and more.

When I was finished with my meal at this place, I was almost moved to tears.
It's such a anonymous place, I had a hard time finding it. When I finally did, it turned out to be one of my favorite restaurant moments ever.

If I understood him correctly, the chef, who is the only one making food there, is a former baseball player. They became fascinated with me when they found out I was Norwegian and tried to learn a little Japanese. As soon as more guests arrived they would tell them that "this gentleman is from Norway, trying to learn language", and their guests would all feign their typically Japanese polite interest.

Food was beautiful. One piece prepared at a time. The chef smiling from ear to ear, loving my terrible attempts at flattery. Waiting and watching me to see if I really liked it. Tastes were everywhere and in abundance.

The place isn't all that good-looking. You're allowed to smoke inside (which I hate) and it's lit up by your typical bright, fluorescent light that the Japanese are so fond of.

I think getting a seat might be difficult. I was lucky, came early and was alone.

When I got the tab, I was amazed to see how cheap it was. As I said, I've been to Sukiyabashi Jiro (you, the movie), and my verdict is clear: if you want to experience amazing sushi once in your life, you go here!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tokyo, Japan
“Beautiful sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Sushi is great, ingredients are very fresh. I like the slightly sweetness in the sushi rice and the texture. Mr. Inose is a caring host and he pays attention to small details.

• Visited August 2013
seoul
“happy night in Tokyo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Me and my fiance have visited this amazing place at the last night of stay in Tokyo.
We have struggled and had a hard time finding the restaurnt, because we have walked from Shinagawa station. It took approximately 20 minutes just to get to the restaurant. It was definitely not a walking distance from Shinagawa station. We strongly recommend to take a cab or start at Gotanda Station(5 minute walk).
We have ordered Omakase sashimi course, which was more than satisfying.
As listed by other reviewers, it was the service and the smile of the master chef, which perfected the meal.
We have additionally ordered a bottle of Sake, Two bottle of beers and the check came out to be about 20,000 Yen.
We will definitely pay another visit to this fabulous restaurant when we have a chance to visit Tokyo again. If you want to feel the Japanese dining atmosphere, THIS IS THE PLACE.

P.S. Thanks to the master chef and his wife, and the other two customers for making us feel at home while dining.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

After reading several reviews and having eaten at different places, me and four friends descided to try this place out. The place is small (12 seats, and one private room for special/personal friends of the chef). The chef and his wife does not speak English, but are very friendly and the atmosphere is magical! Our expectations were high after seeing some of the great reviews, but even then we were all blown away! The chef showed off amazing knife skills and served the best sushi any of us have ever tasted! I will keep it at that, and I recommend that you just go there and you will not be dissapointed!! Authentic, spectacular, amazing quality and walking away about 6000 yen poorer, but the experience, food and drinks were priceless!! 5/5 on every point! Simply magical!

• Visited July 2013