“happy night in Tokyo” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
seoul
“happy night in Tokyo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Me and my fiance have visited this amazing place at the last night of stay in Tokyo.
We have struggled and had a hard time finding the restaurnt, because we have walked from Shinagawa station. It took approximately 20 minutes just to get to the restaurant. It was definitely not a walking distance from Shinagawa station. We strongly recommend to take a cab or start at Gotanda Station(5 minute walk).
We have ordered Omakase sashimi course, which was more than satisfying.
As listed by other reviewers, it was the service and the smile of the master chef, which perfected the meal.
We have additionally ordered a bottle of Sake, Two bottle of beers and the check came out to be about 20,000 Yen.
We will definitely pay another visit to this fabulous restaurant when we have a chance to visit Tokyo again. If you want to feel the Japanese dining atmosphere, THIS IS THE PLACE.

P.S. Thanks to the master chef and his wife, and the other two customers for making us feel at home while dining.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

“Amazing experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

After reading several reviews and having eaten at different places, me and four friends descided to try this place out. The place is small (12 seats, and one private room for special/personal friends of the chef). The chef and his wife does not speak English, but are very friendly and the atmosphere is magical! Our expectations were high after seeing some of the great reviews, but even then we were all blown away! The chef showed off amazing knife skills and served the best sushi any of us have ever tasted! I will keep it at that, and I recommend that you just go there and you will not be dissapointed!! Authentic, spectacular, amazing quality and walking away about 6000 yen poorer, but the experience, food and drinks were priceless!! 5/5 on every point! Simply magical!

McLean, Virginia
“Surrender to Sushi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Amazing sushi and a wonderful evening in an authentic neighborhood sushi bar. The sushi was fantastic, and the company was top-notch.

There's no English speaking in this sushi bar -- and don't go expecting the U.S. version of your favorite sushi rolls. Instead, trust the chef to serve up the freshest and tastiest of his daily trip to the fish market.

We were treated to several specialties -- one beautifully prepared bite that is only available for a few days each year -- another that is said to extend one's life five years!

The locals welcomed us, shared a few laughs, and gave us the backstory of much of our meal.

We left saying it was our favorite dinner in Tokyo.

San Francisco, California
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I went to this restaurant with my colleague after reading some of the reviews. The plan run by husband and wife team. The place has 12 seats and the chef take care of all with smile and Japanese conversation. Unfortunately, I do not know Japanese language, but felt at home!

I was very happy to go to this restaurant and plan to come here every time I am in Tokyo.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Must go is your in Tokyo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Went there after reading the reviews here and got to say I was not disappointed at all. The host (or Taisho) Mr Inose and his wife were out of this world. It was my first time and they welcomed me with open arms and even though they did not speak much English, they were happy to accommodate and have a full blown conversation with you.
The Sushi and Sahsimi that is he creates were out of this world. This is by far the best sushi I have tasted in Tokyo or anywhere else in the world. Mr inose was kind enough to open up a bottle of sake and we had a few drinks before he caught me a cab back to the hotel. According to him the sake was to keep me warm as it was a freezing and rainy night.
I cannot thank them enough for their hospitality and the food that they served of course. I will surely go back there before I leave Tokyo.

• Visited April 2013