“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
San Francisco, California
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I went to this restaurant with my colleague after reading some of the reviews. The plan run by husband and wife team. The place has 12 seats and the chef take care of all with smile and Japanese conversation. Unfortunately, I do not know Japanese language, but felt at home!

I was very happy to go to this restaurant and plan to come here every time I am in Tokyo.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Must go is your in Tokyo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Went there after reading the reviews here and got to say I was not disappointed at all. The host (or Taisho) Mr Inose and his wife were out of this world. It was my first time and they welcomed me with open arms and even though they did not speak much English, they were happy to accommodate and have a full blown conversation with you.
The Sushi and Sahsimi that is he creates were out of this world. This is by far the best sushi I have tasted in Tokyo or anywhere else in the world. Mr inose was kind enough to open up a bottle of sake and we had a few drinks before he caught me a cab back to the hotel. According to him the sake was to keep me warm as it was a freezing and rainy night.
I cannot thank them enough for their hospitality and the food that they served of course. I will surely go back there before I leave Tokyo.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Jersey
“"Real" Japanese experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have to agree with what the other reviewers already said: this place is great. The sushi was at the same level or better than Tsukiji. Unlike Tsukiji, you'll find few foreigners here. No English spoken here, but another patron served as translator. The sushi chef is a former baseball player and he will be more than happy to show you some of his memorabilia. It's located about a five minute walk from the Shinagawa train station.

• Visited April 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Best Sushi Experience Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I spent two weeks traveling in Japan. We ate at Sushiyoriinose on our last night, and it was BY FAR the best tasting and most authentic sushi experience we had.....better even than sushi at Tsukiji Fish Market! The owners are kind and welcoming but speak very little English. There is no menu. We got the "chef's choice" for two and a big beer, which cost around 10,000 Yen total. It was worth every penny and then some! It is a cash only establishment; however, there is a 7-Eleven ATM nearby should you indulge in more sushi than originally anticipated. : ) We ate approximately 10 pieces of nigiri each....with an extra treat at the end courtesy of the chef. The chef is phenomenal...a true sushi artist. No pre-cut fish here...he hand creates each piece fresh. He is friendly and has a charming smile. And his wife is hilarious. She gave us a gift as we left the restaurant and said, "See you on your next trip to Japan!" A phenomenal experience...words cannot describe!

• Visited March 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“This place made my trip to Tokyo, it could have gone down hill from there, and it still would have been a good trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I'll tell you what. I have been to a few popular sushi place in Tokyo (inc. the fish markets), and found that the best one was not one of them....It was a small 12 seat place hidden away in Shinagawa (very rich area in Tokyo) owned by a Extremely talented sushi chef (artist) and his wife.
The proportion of fish to rice was significant (70% fish 30% rice) and the freshness, garnish, preparation and service with a smile (he would wait and watch to see our facial expressions for every peace of sushi we placed in our mouths.

We have been there twice now, and both times chose the chef choice (this meant he gave us sushi that wasn't on the menu as well - his personal specials (Sushi I have never tried anywhere else)). Each time the selection of sushi he made, was a pleasure to eat.

I am Highly recommending this place. They owners speak the out most bare English, so coming in with a few basic Japanese words like;
excuse me, please, thank you(very much), very tasty, excellent, amazing, sake(hot/cold), Asahi, Goodbye.
(probably the only ones you will use)

Thank you very much from Uki and Jacky