“Lovely Weekend Break” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cliff Hotel

You added Cliff Hotel to your Saves list
Cliff Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cliff Hill, Gorleston-on-Sea, Great Yarmouth NR31 6DH, England   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Lovely Weekend Break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Very clean modern Hotel with exceptional staff, lovely well equipped room with sea views all very luxurious at a very reasonable price. First class food in very smart restaurant made to feel very special and nothing too much trouble will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

I was here last week staying over on a work trip.

My room was nice if slightly smaller then I'd expected. But it was decorated & furnished well. I liked the 32 inch TV, which is bigger then most found in rooms on my travels.

Two downsides though. The shower could've done with a mat. I nearly slipped whilst using it. My room also felt slightly cold. The radiator didn't get that hot (it was turned off as well), nor did the ceiling to floor curtains that covered it help. The heat from the radiator went straight up the inside of the curtain to the window. It was okay going to bed but I did notice it in the morning

I didn't eat in the restaurant on the evening. Instead I went out to the local Toby Carvery which was ok. Bit further away then I'd remembered whilst driving past though.

I did however have breakfast in the morning. I've seen people complain about the food here but from what I saw at breakfast, there wasn't much to complain about. The staff were polite, service was good, breakfast was tasty and set me up for the day until lunch. Thank you.

It's not far from the town centre. There's a nice little pub along the way if you fancy the walk. Good location, good service. Generally a good experience this time.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Cromer, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Booked a one night stay with dinner (£20 pp limit) When we checked in the staff were very friendly. Our room was very clean and nicely presented (room 124) A few down falls to the room, 1- floor boards were very creaky and we could hear anyone walk past our room on the landing. 2- there was a door that maybe could be used for a interconnecting use, not sure if the room next door their bathroom was on the opposite side as i was woken up by the sound of someone being sick and going to the toilet. Bed and pillows very comfy!!! Slept like a baby. Food was excellent, my boyfriends steak was "melt in your mouth" Breakfast was very nice too. Definitely would stay again and would recommend it to others.

Attleborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We booked a two night package starting 30th December. Arrived at about 2.30. 1st impressions were good, friendly greeting at reception and booking in very efficient. Lovely room, warm, clean and very comfortable. Everything in it you could ask for.Hit the bar, reasonably priced drinks. Had a snack lunch, then our package kicked in with scones and tea. Also included in our package was a 3 course meal,2 breakfasts, soup and sandwich lunch on New Years eve and a gala buffet and party. We had a great time, the party was great, lovely atmosphere, wonderful food all weekend. I have only one gripe, the soup and sandwich lunch, supposed to be available between 12 and 2, we went in at 1.10 and the sandwiches had run out. The staff seemed unconcerned and made no effort to produce any more. They did offer more soup, but without a roll or a bit of bread, it was not that attractive. I know other people arrived after us so they were probably disappointed as well. That was our only problem and we were very well looked after for the rest of our stay, but I believe if
you offer something then it should be available. Apart from that as I have already said our stay was perfect and we had a very enjoyable start to 2014. Would recommend this hotel and their new year package to everyone.

Room Tip: We had a sea view room it was very warm and only a tiny window to let air in. (ROOM106)If you prefer...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
SAWBRIDGEWORTH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Only booked in for one night (B and B). Everything about this hotel was absolutely spot on. Accommodation, staff, cleanliness, comfort, and facilities.

I've spent a lot more for hotels and got a lot less in the past.

Anyone spending time in the location and surrounding area, should do themselves a favour and check this hotel out.

Room Tip: We didn't have a sea view, which wasn't a problem but I would guess this would add even more...
Powys, Mid Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed at The Cliff for B. & B, the 23rd Dec 2013, and then the 3day Xmas package till Friday 27th Dec. The food was very good, enjoyed the carvery for Xmas day very much, although we too thought that 12.00, was a bit on the early side.
The room was very warm and spacious, the bathroom up to date and nice toiletries.
The staff were all without exception excellant, helpful and friendly.
The Cliff is situated in a lovely position, so close to beach & prom, althouggh not exactly beach weather at this time of year.
We went to the Boxing day panto at the theatre, which all of us enjoyed very much.
All in all very good value for money, would stay there again..

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

By far the best hotel I have stayed in, I booked the bridal suite for my partners 21st, it was perfect, the staff were really nice and the service they gave was top notch, I would definitely class this as a 5 star. Thankyou for a perfect stay.

• Stayed January 2014

Been to Cliff Hotel? Share your experiences!