“Good clean cheap” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aizuya Inn

You added Aizuya Inn to your Saves list
Aizuya Inn
2.0 of 5 Japanese Guest House   |   2-17-2 Kiyokawa, Taito 111-0022, Tokyo Prefecture   |
Ranked #7 of 43 Specialty lodging in Taito
4.5 of 5 stars 298 Reviews
Quebec City, Canada
“Good clean cheap”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

With heavy bag packs, we found it a bit far from the subway but it's only 10 minutes (ok it was about 30 degrees outside). Very clean and helpful staff (the clerk spoke french!) but the room was very small, cheap price for Tokyo but when the sun goes down, the area is full of bums that sleep everywhere and nothing really to do in the surroundings.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

First things first: I don't know what Lorenz-san is talking about in terms of cleanliness. I found this place to be spotless. The staff is very friendly and hip, and the common area has a nice, welcoming vibe. I stayed in both a 4-bed shared room, and a private 3-tatami room. While not the most happening neighborhood in Tokyo (which I personally prefer), it's very convenient to walk to Asakusa, and it's so close to public transportation that you'll quickly reach the trendy and touristy spots. I have no complaints, though one suggestion to travelers considering this place: Remember that it's a hostel, so the mood and energy will vary depending on the guests. On one night a few of the guests were not considerate and talked a tad bit too loud in the common area after hours. They certainly were not outrageous and it was not a big deal for me, but if you're a light sleeper or a bit of a hermit, take this into consideration.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Shenzhen, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed in Aizuya Inn for couple of nights and enjoyed my time to the fullest. The place is so pretty and comfortable, they have put a lot of effort to make the place beautiful and homely. I stayed in a single room with tatami and the experience for me was very precious. At first I had little hard time finding the place, but in the end it's pretty easy to access if you follow the instructions the hotel has given. I would definitely recommend this to my friends that are planning to visit Japan and also everyone in here!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

sorry for my late review
I stayed from 23-29 August, and had a really good sleep here
just 10 minutes walk from nearest station, and it's near Asakusa and Tokyo Sky Tree too (I walked about 30 minutes to Sky Tree)
Very cheap for a single room hotel, and the air conditioner makes it more comfy
oh, and the Japanese course food at Aizuya Kitchen is very delicious, definitely recommended

overall, its a great hostel for rest and sleep after your walking/sightseeing around Japan

but I think the curfew is a little bit problematic cause the last train arrived at 00.40 while the door is locked at 00.30
you should change your curfew to at least 1.00 am

I'll comeback again next time
thanx

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

I stay a long time there (20) nigths i was very cheap for tokyo but the hostel are not so clean :-( the have a nice bar and goods events .on the lounge you found everytime somwane to talk.it have many information on the desk.

• Stayed May 2012
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We have had the pleasure of staying at the inn 3-4 times. It is Clean, safe, and in a great location. You have easy access to the train station and if you are willing to walk for 15-20 mins really close to Asakusa temple. We love the staff. They are happy, friendly, and extremely welcoming. We always feel safe and at home at the inn. We will return.

Room Tip: I have stayed in a different room each time, i liked them all.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Boise, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I really loved staying here. I was travelling on low money, and the service I got here was comparable to the highest service back home in the States. The hostel is located in really a prime location, with a short walk to the train station giving you access to any part of Tokyo! That, and it's got a REALLY great view of the Sky Tree nearby, I took no less than 20 pictures there during my 2 week stay. The rooms are small, but for the price, its not a problem! The hostel is very clean, and the staff exceptionally helpful! I recommend this place to all my friends, and I recommend it to you as well!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Aizuya Inn? Share your experiences!