“Great hotel for budget travelers” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Aizuya Inn

You added Aizuya Inn to your Saves list
Aizuya Inn
2.0 of 5 Japanese Guest House   |   2-17-2 Kiyokawa, Taito, Tokyo Prefecture 111-0022, Japan   |
Ranked #7 of 43 Specialty lodging in Taito
Miami
“Great hotel for budget travelers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

Had to stay her for one night this trip and Aizuya was a perfect choice. Rooms are small but clean and the free wireless internet coupled with the travel info in the main lobby is really helpful. Neighborhood isn't the best but felt safe always. If you need to save money. This is the place to stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Munich, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

I stayed here over New Year 2010 / 2011 and found the hotel to be pretty average in all respects, and pretty much what I expected for the fairly cheap rate I paid.

As others have said, the hotel is not in one of the better areas of Tokyo. There are some old drunks walking around but they are not threatening at all and they just get on with their own business. The hotel is quite easy to reach from Narita airport by either the Skyliner or the standard train service, with a change at Nippori. The actual location is OK for getting around, and is handy for the sights at Akasuka but you do end up spending quite a lot of time on the subway getting to other main sights which are invariably on the other side of the city. Using the PASMO card, this was a simple enough task and the subway map isn't as scary as it first seems.

My room was very small, but roughly what I expected for the price (although I got a much bigger room in a nicer hotel for the same price in central Kyoto later in my stay). It was clean, and there was a TV and a heater which was handy as the room got cold at night. There was a little noise from the street (a drunk coughing and spitting) but nothing too bad.

The showers are 100 yen for 5 minutes, which is plenty of time - and they're quite good showers too. I was a little disappointed that the bar was not open over the new year period due to staff holidays, so I didn't really get to speak to any of the other guests (there is a small space downstairs where you could gather). Free WIFI internet was handy.

Overall, my stay here was fine although if I ever visited Tokyo again I'd stay in a more central location.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

Aizuya Inn is a really nice place. Everytime is saw new people, who were planning their trips. The staff is really nice and will answer your question.
The rooms are small, but enough to sleep and let your stuff there. You sleep there on the floor with a mattress (typical for japan). The walls are thin, but you can sleep after an exciting day. Many building in Japan are build that way.
They got a nice roof, where you can smoke or just chill.
The area isn't the most beautiful area, but you feel save and it's kind of urban.
I was happy to stay there and I will stay there again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
misawa, japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

Ok, first of all this is a hostel so don't expect a 5 star resort. I came to Tokyo for a few days to explore the city by myself and I think this place suited my needs as a solo traveler. I had a small private room (size of a walk in closet) with tatami mats and some clean bedding. There is also a small TV in the room. The W.C. is down the hall from your room and the private shower rooms are on the first floor. 100 yen for 5 minutes of water usage. If you forget soap, shampoo, etc they have plenty of extras donated by previous travelers. The staff was super helpful and nice at the front desk, even giving me advice on what sightseeing I should consider for my journey. The mornings were quiet, I actually slept in until 1pm! But I do sleep with earplugs. There is a washer/dryer in the hostel but I did not need to use it. All in all, I was very pleased. The price is extremely reasonable for Tokyo and the staff was great. They will even let you borrow an umbrella for rainy sightseeing excursions if you forgot to bring one.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

We stayed there 2 times, for 3 nights and 4 nights. The tatami-rooms are clean, equipped with ac and tv. Shared bathroom and toilets were clean as well. The staff is very friendly and helpful. You can get a very cheap breakfast in Aizuya Bar, onley 2 mins walk away.
It is a 5mins walk to the next jr-station and underground station.
We travelled japan for 3 weeks and this hotel was the cheapest we could find.
Go there when you travel to tokyo.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Barcelona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

Our stay at the hostel was a real shame we can not recommend it in any way.

The first day they gave to us a "space" just in front of the hostel, they told us was a "new" space. That’s not true it was a room in an apartment that did not meet minimum hygiene conditions! It was dirty (we killed a cockroach) and had not hot water. No comment, it just was a night.

The next day we went to the rooms of the oficial hostel, we were three but we placed in a room for two, so that the futon would not fit in the room. We had to ride on top of each other! We wanted to the owner (Western) to return the Money, but he said no. We had to stay two more nights to get our money back. Everything was quite dirty, the futons and the sheets.
Also in this hostel we paid for everything, for the shower, cook,... for everything!

The hostel's location far from the center, they said it’s 10 minuts walking fron the train station, are more than 20 minutes walk. The street full of drunks and homeless people who lived there! No dangerous people, becouse in Japan the people is so friendly, but the picture was dreadful, all lying on the ground, or staggering from side to side

In a country where everything is clean and all the Japanese are very friendly and correct, do not deceive you in any way: this hostel is not a good place to spend your

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

I stayed at Aizuya Inn for about a week while doing intensive language studies in Tokyo. One of my concerns about staying in a hostel to study was what the noise level might be like, but it was perfect! While I didn't spend time in the common area on the first floor, I always saw people hanging out down there- families with children, too.

The staff was always very friendly and helpful, the room was indeed small- but completely adequate, the facilities were very clean, and the price was really hard to beat.

The hostel is a little bit of a walk from the station, but nothing that should deter anyone from staying there. However, it's worth keeping that in mind if you have many bags. The nice thing about Minami Senju (the train station that is closest to Aizuya Inn) is that it's on the JR and subway lines, so using either is a breeze. That and the fact that its just minutes away from the more popular centers in the city make the location hard to beat as well.

I would definitely stay here again and hope you will too!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

Been to Aizuya Inn? Share your experiences!