“Good location and easy on the pocket” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #15 of 98 Hotels / Ryokan in Taito
4.0 of 5 stars 429 Reviews
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Good location and easy on the pocket”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

The location was superb as it was nearby Inaricho Subway station on Ginza line and a walking distance to Ueno Station for other lines including the Yamanote line. The room was reasonable in size, comfortable and clean. It has all the standard amenities such as hot water, heater, hair dryer, tea making, toiletries, slipper and a yukata robe. There were a lot of information and guidance on how to get around Tokyo provided in the hotel lobby.

Staff speaks fluent english and friendly.

Mobile phone signals and wifi were unstable inside the room.

If you are taking the train to the airport, please note that the Inaricho Station does not have any elevator so if you have big luggage it will be difficult to handle. It is best to walk to Ueno station instead.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

My terrible experience: Heater system was broken the night i was checking-in (Feb 20). I realized it myself around 1 am in the morning. I slept in cold room (around 12 Celsius degree) until 6 am in morning for hotel staff to be in service again (to pickup small heater device). My partner was terribly sick from cold room.
Hotel staff explained to me that he already knew heater did not working properly since yesterday, but why he did not inform guest during check-in ! If i knew that during check-in, i could have other options to avoid staying in cold room. I felt staff did not honest to customer.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

it was myself and my partners first time in Tokyo and we decided to book Oak Hostel after reading reviews on tripadvisor. We arrived and were greeted by a member of staff that was fluent in English (which is always a bonus when needing directions). We went up to our room which was traditional style which we loved and was surprisingly comfy, although very small and not very much room especially when travelling with suitcases. There are convenience stores nearby for cheap lunches or dinners. The subway is around a 7minute walk from the hostel which was great as you can commute to almost anywhere from there. All in All a great stay and would highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

We stayed at the Oak Hotel for 5 nights It was our first time to Tokyo and we couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. The staff were really friendly and had good English. There is lots of information available at the hotel on nice place to check out including activities, restaurants, sight seeing and also information on bus and train routes. The hotel is in a nice area and 5 minutes walk to Inrichio and Ueno Stations. Our room was clean and serviced daily. The free WiFi internet
was an extra bonus on top of our pleasant stay at Oak Hotel. When we return we are definitely planning to stay there again. The rooms are a little small but if you are after a clean and reasonably priced hotel in a decent area with friendly services I would definitely recommend the Oak Hotel !!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I've stayed there for 5 nights. Small rooms western style and clean. Kitchen is not clean…. Although small, could be friendly.
Staff is helpful (I arrived really late and got lost but they helped me by phone).
Easy to buy food nearby and better price than in the city.

Room Tip: Rooms are really small. 2 backpacks and done, no space at all…. Upper floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I was there in Oct 2013 for my bday. On my first day I was greeted by the lovely Takana (sorry if my spelling is off), she was so down to earth and brilliant. Even when was early for check in she helped me store my luggage and gave me a great place to visit in the mean time. Seriously throughout my entire stay, she was more insightful and wonderful than any other tourist information consultant I met. You guys have a rock star of professional intelligence.
So the hotel, easy to find and like the title, best location. Ueno was just the central point for me, plus it was so easy to get around once you get use to how the trains work. You get a quaint room with all the amenities you really need plus they have chargers and cables (back story:i left my all my cables at home) so that's a huge double A for awesomeness. the room had an air con and really awesome water pressure. what more do you need? comfy bed? done. It's also a great way to meet people from all over the world. they have this wall that's filled with people who have stayed there, it's awe inspiring. They have these mini booklets that are more user friendly and describe the easy of touring even a cost effective way to get to mount fuji.
Shout out to Oak Hotel, the owner, the staff: thank you so much for making my stay amazing.

My one and only critique is: please please sort out the smoking area, I didn't feel comfortable smoking while people kept coming and going.

I can't wait to be back in Japan, Oak hotel is where I will be. you should try it!!!

NB*You never get lost in Japan because Japanese people are so friendly, the streets are safe and the views are magnificent. So even a misdirection turns into an adventure.

Arigato

Room Tip: Any room is an adventure!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I stayed twice in late December in 2 different rooms. My first stay in a western style wasn't the most comfortable, however expectations shouldn't be sky high when the pricing is so attractive. I was pleasantly surprised on my second stay when I stayed in a Japanese style room. Comfortable bedding, well equipped heating system and was a great experience.

Location is very convenient being close to a subway station, and close by to many CVS and places to grab a bite. Staff were very helpful and speak english very well. There is also hostel rooms available and the staff get involved to entertain guests in the common area.

Room Tip: Choose a traditional Japanese style room
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Been to Oak Hotel? Share your experiences!