“basic hotel” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 stars 23 Reviews
Surabaya, Indonesia
“basic hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My company chose this hotel for my two visits to Tokyo because of its proximity to the office. I stayed there first for three nights, and my second time 6 nights.

Location: 5 minutes walk from the Okachimachi-Ueno station was convenient.

Room: A small, basic room with a single bed, but is clean and has all the basic necessity for comfortable stay for one person: warm shower, a small refrigerator, a tv and a hair dryer. It'd be nice if the hotel also provides iron and ironing bed instead of the pants press (I'm not sure how to use the large bulky device). The TV only airs local channels, which means Japanese game shows and news only. For someone like me who doesn't understand any Japanese, there might as well be no TV in the room.

Service: My room was always nicely cleaned when I returned from work at night. The front office staff barely speak English but they're very polite and efficient.

Others: There was no lobby available so there's nowhere I can sit to wait or have a chat with guests.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

My brother who used to travel to Japan quite a bit helped me to find and book this hotel. It's one of those business hotels in Japan mainly occupied by people on business trips. The room price was decent, bed space was okay enough and it's at a convenient location close by the metro so my brother picked it for us. I'm around 5'4", my husband about 6'1" and we slept on the bed okay, a bit tight but we managed. The room is small but very clean and got all the basic stuff you need in a hotel room. Bathroom is very small too but it has a tub and it's pretty well designed for a small space so it's not so bad. There wasn't really much service, when we checked in they just asked us to use the machine on the side to do a self-check in. There are coin locker storage in the lobby area. The hotel is located a few blocks away from nakaokachimachi station on the green coloured line, which gets you to most major places. It's also close by a big night market and mall.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel New Green Okachimachi? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel New Green Okachimachi

Address: 5-15-1, Ueno, Taito 110-0005, Tokyo Prefecture
Location: Japan > Kanto > Tokyo Prefecture > Tokyo > Taito
Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly )
Ranked #61 of 98 Hotels / Ryokan in Taito
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with JAPANiCAN so you can book your Hotel New Green Okachimachi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hotel New Green Okachimachi Tokyo, Japan

If you own or manage Hotel New Green Okachimachi, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.