“best food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cat Cafe Calico Shinjuku

Cat Cafe Calico Shinjuku
1-16-2 Kabukicho | Fuji Bldg.6F, Shinjuku 160-0021, Tokyo Prefecture (Shinjuku)
+81 3-6457-6387
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 14 Fun & Games in Shinjuku
Mexico City, Mexico
“best food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Best meal of my life! Great menu, brilliant service and the most amazing steak ever!.cooked perfectly... SO GOOD!!!

Singapore, Singapore
20 attraction reviews
“Not quite what I expected--Reservations required!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We were on holiday with my 12 year old niece who had heard about cat cafes and wanted to go. Like the other reviews mentioned, you have to keep your eyes out to find it, but it is just past the Don Quixote restaurant. It may have been because we were going on a Sunday, but we needed a reservation. Thankfully they had an opening an hour or so after we first went so we just wandered around a bit and then came back. Perhaps because I have 3 cats at home, this was an underwhelming experience. I thought it was going to be more like a restaurant with cats roaming around but it is really just like some rooms with lots of cats and you can order drinks and some snack food. I think it is more of a café for the cats as you can order chicken which they love. We did order ice coffees which were good. This may be good for people who don't have animals at home, but if you do I wouldn't waste my time (or money).

Visited July 2014
“Cats, cats everywhere... duhhh”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Worth the experience for any animal lover. I've never seen cats so big. It's not that expensive either, unfortunately I don't remember the pricing, but everything was fairly priced.

Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
“Interesting place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Certainly an experience! The cats weren't overly friendly at first but with time (and some chicken that you buy in the cafe specifically for the cats!) they come over and greet you! It is a very relaxing experience, so may be worth to bring your book along and enjoy!

Devonport, Australia
7 attraction reviews
“Quirky Cute Cat Cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We saw this on TV before we went to Japan and went searching for it. It is not easy to find and only has a small sign out front but is worth the search. For $15 AUD per hour you can experience three floors of wall to wall cute cats to pat and feed. You can take photos if you like and the staff are very helpful. You can also buy coffee and tea and relax on comfy lounges and bean bags. I suggest purchasing a dish of cat food as well. the cats tend to give you more attention if you have food. Quirky and very Japanese. Worth a visit if you like cats.

Visited January 2014