We stayed at Tama Ryokan during winter in Japan, and it was perfectly comfortable. We had a room on the ground floor at the back, and it was clean and very warm. The hosts were also very friendly and helpful. I didn't have a problem with the futon bed, although my boyfriend wasn't quite used to it. Bathrooms are shared, but the water was nice and hot which was great during the cold season. Although the hallway is a bit narrow, the room itself was big enough to accommodate 2 people comfortably. The room had heating/air-conditioning and a heated floor pad to which heated up the futon.
The best thing about Tama Ryokan is that it is near Takadanobaba station which is on the JR Yamanote line. This train line basically circles Tokyo, so it was very easy to get to places. For those with JR Rail Passes, it's an additional plus!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tama Ryokan provides basic accommodation for a reasonable price in a central Tokyo location. It is about 3 minutes walk from the Yamanote line, and literally seconds from the Tozai subway line. It is also convenient to the Internet - we have a WiFi throughout the building, and 24-hour access to one desktop computer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Tama Ryokan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tama Ryokan Hotel Shinjuku
- Tama Ryokan Shinjuku, Tokyo