- Reasonable rate for a central Tokyo hotel, if you join as a member on arrival, you get a further discount.
- Room is very clean, as is the toilet
- Room is very well equiped - about 26-inch LCD TV, mini-fridge, writing table, hair-dryer, boiler
- Location is in Kabuki-cho area, a bit seedy, but the people will generally leave you alone.
- Lots of restaurants, fast-food nearby. Also convenience store nearby.
- It is about 10-15 minutes walk to Shinjuku station
- Room is very small; I felt claustrophobic at times. A small double-bed is parked against the wall with the window. Barely enough space ot open my suitcase, but the luggage can be kep underneath the bed.
- I think this is a Japanese business hotel, so all the TV channels are in Japanese (no CNN, BBC, etc).
- Breakfast is included, but gets boring after the first one or two days. Food is mainly glutinous rice, potato/macoroni salad, miso soup, some Japanese stuff like seaweed, and buns/cakes (which run out quite fast).
If you arrive from Narita, the option I took was to take the JR rail to Shijuku, exit at Shinjuku East (Kabuki-cho), then take a cab to the hotel (remember to print the Hotel address in Japanese) - it costs about Y710, but I think it is worth it, rather than trying to figure out how to reach the hotel - it is not so difficult, but if you are new to the area, you may take awhile to figure out the location.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, JAPANiCAN, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Toyoko Inn Shinjuku Kabuki-cho reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Toyoko Inn Shinjuku Kabuki-Cho Hotel Shinjuku
- Toyoko Inn Shinjuku Kabuki-Cho Tokyo