“Very tasted Kobe Beef” 5 of 5 stars
Review of New York Grill

New York Grill
3-7-1-2 Nishishinjuku | 52F Park Hyatt Tokyo, Shinjuku 163-1052, Tokyo Prefecture (Shinjuku)
+81 3-5323-3458
Neighborhood: Shinjuku
Manama, Bahrain
“Very tasted Kobe Beef”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is a good destination fir steak lovers. The quality of Kobe beef was superb & the service staff was very friendly & attentive.

The venue ambiance is very relaxing & decoration is nice

I would recommend it for steak lovers

Reston, Virginia
“Avoid Steak”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

The winner of the night:
Pasta Conchiglie, Black Truffle, Creamed Forrest Mushrooms, Buffalo Ricotta
This was an appetizer that was loaded with truffle flavor as well as being very generous on the appetizer portion, this dish alone could have been my meal but I was really excited to try their Kobe beef.

The loser of the night:
Kobe Prime Cut 180g. After eating meat just as good as Kobe (albeit a bit pricier) at Ukaitei a few nights prior, the bar was set high for the New York Grille. Unfortunately, they did not meet my expectations. As you can see from my picture I've attached, the meat was overly fatty, to the point where there was gristle and a few pieces were inedible. When one is shelling out 165 dollars for a average size cut of meat, you'd expect to eat every morsel (as was the case at Ukaitei), alas this was not the case at the NYG. I was very disappointed.

We also tried the Prime Australian New York Strip 300g which was just as disappointing as well as being way undercooked based on our preference.

The service was a bit of a mess as well. They kept brining me the dessert menu when I originally sat down, on the 3rd try they managed to secure a dinner menu which was good bc I didn't want ice cream for dinner.

Oh lastly, the Caesar salad was quite nice. Even though it is a basic salad, they executed it well.

Too many restaurants in Tokyo to try, wouldn't dine here again.

My advice: stay away from the meats here and you should be good to go!

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Milan, Italy
“New York Grill Bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

must have in your tokyo stay. We came here after our day around shibuya and shinjku, at 6 pm for have a drink, and the 52th floor with panoramic view and atmosphere was undescrivible and unique...enjoy!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“Immaculate Service, and stunning views!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

This is a place made for couples to have a good romantic night out. Lights were dim in the restaurant with a beautiful jazz live band playing in the background. Most importantly is the stunning night views of Tokyo - imagine you are at the top of the world (52nd Storey) overlooking the entire city landscape.

As for the food, it is nice but not justifiable for the price. For 4 persons, I paid around JPY55,000 for the ala carte dinner. It is costly, but if you were to factor in the ambience and the service, I think its all worth it afterall.

Let's talk about the service. I got to pay my compliments to the Team Leader Ms. Kyoko Shirotori. She was patient with my requests, gave me good suggestions to surprise my girlfriend. It was suppose to be a surprise for my girlfriend who didn't know I will be in Tokyo. Prior to my arrival, Ms Kyoko communicated with me via email and always ready to accede to my request on the dinner day. I really appreciate her kind gestures amidst her busy schedule. All other service staffs on that night were amazing. Knowing its a surprise to my girlfriend, they kept assuring me not to be nervous and chatted with me throughout, making me feel so at ease.

The Jazz singer, Ms Amandah Jantzen, sang beautifully as well.

Let's talk about the food. We ordered Rib-Eye Steak, Venison Loin and Cod Fish. The food were fresh and tasty but frankly speaking nothing fantastic. However, sometimes a dining experience is not purely about the food isn't it? It is really about the package, and I love this package. It sets the tone for the rest of my Japan Holiday.

Thanks New York Grill.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver BC
“Best brunch ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Sunday brunch at the New York grill in the Park Hyatt hotel was simply fantastic. The view, the food, the service was simply first rate. Even though it's not particularly inexpensive, it was worth every penny and more. Highly, highly recommended!!

• Visited August 2013