“Great location but not perfect service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of ibis Tokyo Shinjuku

Save Saved
You added ibis Tokyo Shinjuku to your Saves list
ibis Tokyo Shinjuku
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7-10-5 Nishi-Shinjuku, Shinjuku, Tokyo Prefecture 160-0023, Japan (Formerly Star Hotel Tokyo)   |
Ranked #21 of 69 hotels in Shinjuku
Hong Kong, China
“Great location but not perfect service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I like to stay at Ibis series hotel, coz mostly is good pricing with good service. Shinjuku Ibis, although the price is not good as others local business hotel but location is great, just 10 minutes walk to JR station, and limousine bus stop. Have cafe, Macdonld & convenience store just at the ground floor of the building. But I didn't receive a SMILE from the front desk staff with my check in and when I asked questions, maybe the front desk lady was in a bad mood. But anyway, others are great! it's worth to stay there.

Room Tip: Just a reminder, most of the business hotels at the city center of Shinjuku (others area am not sure...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
ibis.Tokyo.Shinjuku, Manager at ibis Tokyo Shinjuku, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback following your recent stay at ibis Tokyo Shinjuku. Although overall you had a pleasant stay with us, I am highly concerned about the service you received upon your check-in, which didn’t meet your expectations.

I apologise that you didn’t receive a welcoming smile upon your check-in. Your feedback is always important for us to improve our service quality and I will ensure to share your feedback with the Front Desk team.

Again thank you for your kind feedback and we hope that we will have another opportunity of welcoming you back to ibis Tokyo Shinjuku in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Kie Sekimoto
Sales Manager

441 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

The location of this hotel is perfect – right in the centre of Shinjuku with a convenience store right below the hotel, and less than a 5 minute walk to Shinjuku station. My room was so quiet which is amazing considering the mayhem and noise outside! I was in a single room which was tiny, but I believe this to be the case for most hotels in Tokyo, and it was clean and comfortable. The staff were really friendly and always greeted me on entering the hotel. Wifi is excellent and reliable. Check in is not until 2pm, but there is a secure area where the hotel can store your luggage for you. The bar and restaurant area looked nice but I didn’t use it during my stay. I’d definitely stay here again if I return to Tokyo.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
ibis.Tokyo.Shinjuku, Manager at ibis Tokyo Shinjuku, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review of your recent stay at ibis Tokyo Shinjuku. I am really pleased to read that you had a pleasant, comfortable stay with us and our services met your expectations. I very much appreciate your kind word that you would definitely like to come back to stay at ibis Tokyo Shinjuku!

We really look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit to Tokyo in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance.

Kind Regards,

Kie Sekimoto
Sales Manager
Angeles City, Angeles, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Its my first time to visit Japan. Its a good thing I booked my stay at Ibis Hotel Shinjuku. The location is very near the Shinjuku Shopping district and Shinjuku Metro subway station. Because when you're traveling, location...location....location is of prime importance.
The Staff are very friendly and helpful. I should have gotten their names so I could thank them one by one here. They speak good english.
There's a Mc Donalds and a convenience store just outside the hotel. Restaurants and food courts are very near. Airport Bus Limousine station is also very near.
I will definitely book my next stay in Tokyo at Ibis Hotel Shinjuku....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed here in July. It was cheap. Less than $100.00 per night so I really cannot complain, can I?
Wifi in the room. Very strong signal. Clean room. comfortable bed. a bit soft but it worked. small room. but there were two single beds. Bathroom is dated and had a horrible smell of sewage for the first day. Was fine after that. Whole bathroom looks like it was moulded out of one piece.

I did not like the breakfast. Think I could only eat bread and tea. or bread and cereal, perhaps.

Fantastic location. more or less across from Shinjuku station.
No frills property. Great price and clean. does the job if that is what you are looking for.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Wonderful ambiance and hospitality. The service and the food were excellent. The view from the window in the room was exciting. Unfortunately my camera was not working. But can suggest the travelers to stay over there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three nights last week on a return trip to Japan to visit friends having lived in another part of Japan for a couple of years eight years ago. Having travelled in Japan a lot in the past, I found that the hotel was good value for money for Tokyo, and certainly for the close proximity to Shinjuku station. I am very surprised at some of the negative reviews, and I wonder if these reviewers have ever been to Tokyo before or know what to expect?! The location is perfect, Shinjuku station is only 5 minutes from the hotel. Everything about the hotel is modern, fresh and spotlessly clean. The reception area and attached café is lovely, the staff very helpful. My room was larger than expected, and clean with every facility one would need. The bed was a highlight, it was one of the most comfortable I had slept on in Japan. The bathroom was a decent size for Japan too. Granted, there are cheaper hotels in Tokyo, but for one so central and right next to a Yamanote line station, you cannot go wrong. I would most definitely return to this hotel and recommend it as a good base for sightseeing in Tokyo.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to ibis Tokyo Shinjuku? Share your experiences!