“Not safe!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Shinjuku Washington Hotel Main

You added Shinjuku Washington Hotel Main to your Saves list
Shinjuku Washington Hotel Main
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3-2-9 Nishi-Shinjuku, Shinjuku 160-0023, Tokyo Prefecture   |
Ranked #48 of 72 Hotels / Ryokan in Shinjuku
3.5 of 5 stars 1,071 Reviews
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Not safe!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

On the night of 20 Dec 14, 2000H, we arrived at the room but realised that it was not locked. This means that the housekeeper did not lock the door after cleaning up. We are unable to check if any information was stolen from our devices. Regardless, this reflects very badly on the reputation of your hotel. Such security lapses can be very dangerous, what happens if someone plants something dangerous inside? What if someone steals private information from my room? Your hotel failed to perform the most basic function of a hotel - a safe environment for customers to rest. Leaving the doors unlocked is not just the fault of the housekeeper, but also on the security team, who did not realise that the door was unlocked for hours despite captured on the security camera. Failure to patrol the hallways and the lack of supervision by the management are contributing factors as well. This is a very bad reflection on the entire management system.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

As this was my first visit to Tokyo i looked around for an ideal base for some time before i decided to go with the Washington Hotel. The location is excellent to use as a base, about 10 minutes walk from Shinjuku station. With the airport limousine bus stopping right outside the front door it made it very easy to access from the airport.
The staff were always extremely polite, helpful and friendly, as everyone in Tokyo seems to be. They helped with everyday questions as well as more complicated issues like trying to contact my bank back home to sort out issues with my cash cards.
The rooms are quite compact but offer everything you need and i've certainly stayed in smaller rooms around Europe. Besides, it was just to be used as a base to leave my things and sleep at night, otherwise i was out exploring Tokyo, which is an incredible city.
The area immediately around the hotel is very safe and pretty quiet at night given that it's mostly office blocks.
Altogether this was a good stay and a great introduction to Tokyo, so much so i'm already planning a return trip.

Room Tip: Th higher the floor the better the view over Skinjuku. Just be aware the wi-fi can be very slow in t...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Roma, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel was booked through my travel agent, and I stayed for 3 nights. When I checked in quite late due to the arrival of my plane, the staff were great, very friendly. Because it was only me, I was offered a room on the Ladies only floor, which I took.

The room was tiny, it was a little tricky getting my suitcase in the door, but it was clean and tidy. It was a little chilly for me on the pre-set temperature but I survived. There were heaps of products in the bathroom and a couple of powerpoints. 2 restaurants are located within the hotel and on in the annex building, all which do breakfast (which was a part of my booking). I went to the Baron every morning, the service was exceptional and the food wasn't bad either. The staff at the information counter are also really friendly and helpful and will do their best to sort out any problems you have.

This hotel is really close to Shinjuku Station and walking distance to lots of places such as galleries, parks and shopping.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
新宿WH, 本館フロント at Shinjuku Washington Hotel Main, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for staying our hotel and a contribution.
we glad to hear that you spend a good time.
we will make an effort in future to provide the good service and space.
we are looking forward to seeing you.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Pros:
- Reasonably priced
- Strategically located
- English speaking staffs and quite attentive
- Free Internet
- Have variety of F&B outlets within the hotel complex with various range of price (from 400 yen for set meal to higher)

To be improved:
- The pillow provided is too soft, should provide option on pillow
- Bigger windows

Room Tip: Remember to emphasise on non-smoking room if you want to avoid the heavy odours.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
新宿WH, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Shinjuku Washington Hotel Main, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for staying Shinjuku Washington Hotel.
We will renovate main building from next April for a year.
we look forward to seeing you again.
Thank you .
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I booked 2 rooms-a double non-smokinh and triple smoking due to unavailability. I wrote to them to please change my triple room to non-smoking as my son was allergic to smoke . Although they were fully booked they managed to do it and I was impressed with the response time to my request which was the same day. Great service!

The triple room was bigger than expected with 3 super single beds. I had such good sleep without my usual neck aches. The double was rather small but we expected that.

It was such a short walk to Tochomae station and Family Mart in the hotel offered such convenience.

I definitely wouldn't mind staying here again!

And the staff at the Info counter at the Ground Floor and the Baggage room were incredibly helpful and friendly.

• Stayed December 2014
Thank you for staying Shinjuku Washington Hotel.
We will renovate main building from next April for a year.
we look forward to seeing you again.
Thank you so much .
Hua-Hin,Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is the first time in japan. The hotel was very clean and comfortable for us. It has family mart in the first floor. And then you can walk short cut to shinjuku shopping center around 8 - 10minute. in the morning have breakfast in Japanese style. We booking for triple room and non smoking. That I think li is very good room for my family.

Room Tip: You can try for your vacation with your family.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed at this hotel for 9 night divided in two parts of 4 and 5 nights. The direct limousine service from Haneda Airport is really very convenient after a weary jet-lagged flight. The front desk was helpful and very professional. In fact, on the second stay, we had reached the hotel at 1230 hrs and had to wait till 1400 hrs when they start their check-in.
The rooms are neat, comfortable with all basic amenities. Yes, the rooms are tiny and maneuverability within the room becomes a problem if you have big luggages. Choose a room from the top floors and you get a fabulous view of the "Skyscraper district" from the window. Getting an elevator is a problem in the morning as they are generally full - an upper floor room is of advantage in this regard.
The location is quite convenient, although it is about a Km from the station. The Metropolitan towers are just adjacent. There's also a subway that connects the hotel from the station.
In short, a clean, comfortable and affordable hotel.

Room Tip: Upper storey rooms have good views.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying our hotel.
I'm so glad to hear that.

in next year, we will renovate our rooms,
then please looking forward to seeing renewed rooms.

We are all waiting for your back to our hotel.
Thank you.

Been to Shinjuku Washington Hotel Main? Share your experiences!