“As close to perfect as it gets.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Tokyo

You added Park Hyatt Tokyo to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Tokyo
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3-7-1-2 Nishi Shinjuku, Shinjuku 163-1055, Tokyo Prefecture   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #1 of 72 Hotels / Ryokan in Shinjuku
4.5 of 5 stars 1,435 Reviews
Toulouse, France
“As close to perfect as it gets.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

The Park Hyatt is quite simply one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. Nothing too much trouble, from fixing a broken adaptor to couriering a child's birthday gift to Florida. The service is exceptional, and friendly, the food fantastic, the rooms gorgeous, the Spa lovely. This hotel is as close to perfect as it gets. I just want to come back, right now.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, the executive rooms with a dressing room/bathroom/bedroom combo probably rep...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights in October while we were traveling on our honeymoon. I had indicated that we were honeymooning and I was so impressed with the hotel. When we arrived via taxi, the bellman radioed to someone and they appeared from out of no where with a beautiful bouquet of flowers for me and proceeded to escort us to our room to checkin. They pointed out all the areas of the hotel along the way. We checked in in our room, which was very nice. They gave us a beautiful room with a lovely view. They also had a bottle of champagne chilled with glasses for us. I was blown away with the special treatment that we received for our honeymoon. This is a very nice hotel and very much deserves it's rating.

I would definitely stay here again if I am in Tokyo. I have definitely passed the information on to all my friends about how wonderful the hotel is.

Tomigusuku, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Park Hyatt Tokyo is in a league of its own. Granted, I haven't stayed at many other 5 star hotels in my life, but going just by how incredibly happy I felt during my whole stay, I really can't see how it could get any better.

Despite the fact that I paid nearly 60,000 yen for one night, I didn't feel that it was overpriced in the least. Park Hyatt seems to put all that money into the things that really matter for a pleasant upscale stay. Magnificent views on every floor. Splendid yet down-to-earth interior design. Extremely quiet and peaceful. Warm lighting. Super-hospitable staff, who speak excellent to native-level English.

There is so much attention to detail, I couldn't find any flaw in any corner. Even the complimentary coffee in my room was amazing (it's a Nespresso machine with three different flavors to choose from).

The only negative is that it made sightseeing in Tokyo quite a bit harder, as there was this nagging thought of always wanting to come back to this hotel and just chill out. Every time I got back to the lobby on the 41st floor, it was like returning to a sanctuary from the chaotic life out there in central Tokyo.

One final thing... the breakfast was by far, the best breakfast I've ever had in my life. It's already been a few days after returning from my trip and thoughts of that breakfast still linger in my mind. It sounds pretty crazy but it really was that good.

Room Tip: recommend the park view rooms above the 41st floor
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Canacona, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Here's the location is fantastic. Will certainly stay here again. Club Lounge is the best of the best of the things l've used agent. Breakfast and afternoon cocktails are perfect in itself l'm.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights and this hotel has set a benchmark for all other hotels. The attention to details to make the guests stay wonderful is fantastic. The staff were super-efficient and friendly.

On a clear day you could see Mount Fuji from the various windows in the lobby floor.

The room we were given is larger compared to the other hotels we had stayed in Japan. The bathroom amenities are good. The beds were comfortable.
Location wise, you have to walk about 15 mins to the train station or there is a shuttle service that goes there every 20 mins.

To and from the airports (Narita and Haneda) is quite easy as the airport bus limo stops at the hotel. There is a Family mart about 5 mins walk, but most of the time we made our way to the station, which has loads of shops.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Milano
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I do not think I have stayed in a hotel this perfect. The level of service is from an other planet! From the roomservice breakfast table set up up on to the perfection of the housekeeping.It is to good to be true.
The New York bar has an amazing view but they could be a bit more generous with the pouring of the wines. Also the other outlets are of a high standard. The location is good but as Tokyo is so enormous you always need a cab to move around.
We had an amazing time in this beautiful property and hope to get back soon.

DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

This hotel is really amazing, and in a great part of Tokyo. It is a bit secluded, in almost a side street, but if you walk just a block you are in a very urban area with plenty of shopping and restaurants.
Side note, there is a restaurant in the Sumitomo(sp?) building nearby, a hibachi type of place, that was just amazing. Very close to the hotel, was recommended by the concierge.
The hotel has a kind of strange layout, you have to go up an elevator to get to the lobby, but once you get there, wow. Stunning common areas, especially beautiful at night.
The room was a bit on the small side, but very clean and comfortable. Service was very good, they were helpful with everything, including shipping a large package back to the States. Concierge especially helpful, we got tickets to a baseball game and kabuki theater.
The rooftop restaurant was one of the best I have ever had. Steak house, and they do it right. We ended up eating there a few times. The breakfast/cafe area was subpar.
Now, to the "but" in the title. The real killer about this place, along with Tokyo in general, is that it is insanely expensive. While I have to give 5 stars for quality (it was the hotel from Lost in Translation, after all), I am not so sure about value. The restaurants mentioned above are incredibly pricey, and while the rooftop one is worth it, the breakfast was not.
Overall, great hotel, great experience, but while it was very close, I don't feel like I got my money's worth here. Would I stay here again? Definitely, but next time I will use points.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Park Hyatt Tokyo? Share your experiences!