“Amazing stay at Park Hyatt Shinjuku” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Tokyo

Save Saved
You added Park Hyatt Tokyo to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Tokyo
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3-7-1-2 Nishi Shinjuku, Shinjuku, Tokyo Prefecture 163-1055, Japan   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #1 of 70 Hotels in Shinjuku
Boulder, Colorado
“Amazing stay at Park Hyatt Shinjuku”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Just finished a quick 4 day trip in Japan. Stayed two nights at Park Hyatt and fell in love with the place. The rooms are very spacious in comparison to other Japanese room size standards. The views from both the room and the lobby, bars, etc were impeccable and really helped me grasp the immensity of the city. Most impressive though was the service. I had many a detailed-oriented request that was handled with ease and ultimate efficiency. Although I attempted to learn various Japanese phrases before leaving, there was absolutely no language barrier between myself and the crew there, they were able to help me in every way possible. Be it needing assistance in getting to a particular area like Shibuya, Asakusa or Harajuku. On my day of departure I needed to be somewhere at 11 AM, but also needed to meet my party at the Hyatt Regency at 12 PM with all of my gear to depart for another area of Japan and the hotel quickly arranged for all of my luggage to be transported there while I took a taxi to Harajuku and back. Overall, one of the most gorgeous properties I've stayed at and will definitely consider staying there on future trips to Tokyo.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Japan is one of those places where it's easy to pay a lot for a very average hotel. This place teaches that if you pay a Goddawful lot, you can get a truly excellent hotel, and it's worth it. Views are spectacular, rooms spacious, stylish and well equipped, staff go out of their way t be helpful and arrange trips, entertainment and so on, and generally make your stay the best it can be.

The atmosphere and view from the New York Grill and bar area have to be tried, and the gym here is stunning as well - 2 workout rooms with views to Fuji (on a clear day) and a huge pool in-between.

Spoil yourself and try it - you won't regret it!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very nice. The view is phenomenal! The hotel starts at the 42 floor so all the rooms have great views. The pool is really amazing (the one from lost in translation) and for the last evening we had dinner at the New York grill which was an unforgettable experience! Great hotel

• Stayed July 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was very clean and staff was amazing. The only issue I had was with concierge, they did not really have suggestions for meals, just a map. Maybe I am being picky, but most have some suggestions on what's is good and more details about restaurants.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

If you want to know what its like to travel like rich people ....splurge here! We spent our last night in Tokyo at the "lost in translation" hotel and it was amazing! The staff was helpful and friendly. We ate dinner in the New York Grill and the food was very good, the cocktail piano bar music started at 8pm, very New York with cole porter music being sung/played. The views are spectacular and the double room was tastefully appointed with a huge bathroom, tub and shower and all the bells and whistles. We didn't have swimsuits but you could rent one for $42.... needless to say we didn't rent one. Very swanky!

Room Tip: The breakfast buffet included with our room was off the charts! Huge selection of foods, they will...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This hotel is top notch. The service is the best I've ever had. The room surprised at ever corner. A detailed description of your specific window view to local cd's to play on the bose entertainment system. Watch out for high prices at the New York steak house on the top floor. The swimming pool has an awesome rooftop window ceiling. Not the best location, but worth the experience. There is no check in process, they take you directly to your room. They found me in the lobby of the skyscraper looking for the hotel and asked my name and took me straight up!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Carmel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

It's been 3 weeks since I stayed at the PHT and it is still in my mind as the best 5 star I've been to and have travelled a lot. It is simply the standard for a real five star. Do believe what others tell you that if you can afford it stay here! You get your money's worth. You arrive at Shinjuku Park Tower which is the 2nd tallest building in Shinjuku, Tokyo and the PHT is one of the three towers. When we arrived using the bus (called Airport Limousine, use this airport shuttle) we saw the front entrance and on the left corner in modest 1 foot letters you could touch was the unexceptional words Tokyo Park Hyatt. That's the last time something was unexceptional about this hotel. You know something is special when you are met on the ground floor and then escorted to the 41st (the PHT, "ground floor") and check in was great. There is not the hectic stand in line and loud lobby, it is very quiet and stress free. I found the staff extremely interesting and caring although of course it is a chain. One gentleman enquired about our day when we returned and actually seem to care that we had a good day. I told him of some of the confusion we had because of the language and he wryly mentioned, "Oh, was it lost in translation"? We just had a standard but boy was it great which magnificent views of Tokyo. It was big but not gaudy in the Las Vegas since of big hotel rooms. We had a very large bathroom with a bath, shower, and the magical Japanese toilet. Remember, we just had the cheapest standard room and it was a corner room. Now remember, this is just the standard room. The hotel starts on the 41st floor so you are going to get a great view. Speaking of style, this hotel has it. Yes, it's modern but the various public spaces are magnificent without being garish. A few say the public spaces are cold but not at all. If you explore and want to find a quiet cubby hole you can find it. The hotel is one of three buildings that make up the towers so it can be a little confusing at first since you will use three different elevators depending on where you are going. However, I found that fun and almost always were the elevators available. The breakfast buffet is great but stay away from the scrambled eggs at the table. Maybe it's a Japanese thing but it was soupy. As part of the buffet just order your eggs to be cooked your style. All other elements of the buffet very good. I loved the pool. In the movie, "Lost in Translation" you see Bill Murray swimming in the pool almost if not alone but that's not movie magic! I was alone in the pool the times I swam and just to sit at the pool and look down at the lights of Tokyo is an experience. Three words I have for PHT: quiet/peace and uncrowded. The pool is included and my only objection is the sauna is $20 a day but shouldn't be charged in a five star hotel. On the plus, Internet access free and fast.
I will address some of the postings that might lead you to the wrong decision. These are a very small minority. PHT doesn't like children. I saw some children and they actually were treated as honored guests. I would be quick to point out they were not let loose to run wild or scream at a 100DB level or run with shoes in areas where shoes are not allowed (a Japanese thing). PHT values crowdless spaces and reasonably quiet places I don't mean library, just act normal and not a 100DB jackhammer. It's not a church but it isn't a sports arena either. Other complaint: staff was cold. I don't think that at all and most of the reviews show actually the warmth and friendliness is exceptional. The other complaint is that it is far away from the center. First, I don't think there really is a center of Tokyo and we walked to many interesting places including one of the most famous shrines. If you mean Ginza yes, the hotel is not near there but I think that area is very hectic and glad I wasn't there but could walk in a quiet area that still had sites, restaurants, shops, and parks. However, as was stated there is free PHT shuttle van that will take you to Shinjuku station and in minutes you could be in Ginza or whatever other section you want to explore.
The hotel isn't cheap but we booked on otel (yes no h) and got a very good price. You get a voucher which made me nervous but I've used them twice without any problems and you can usually cancel up to a week before the stay without penalty.
If you like to get away from the crowds and don't like raucous crowds but a peaceful, elegant oasis to recover from your day of touring, this is simply the #1 hotel in Tokyo if not one of the best in the world and I've been to many hotels.

Room Tip: Standard room is a luxury room in other hotels. Do see if you can get a corner room and almost have...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Park Hyatt Tokyo? Share your experiences!