“Always A Great Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Tokyo

You added Park Hyatt Tokyo to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Tokyo
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3-7-1-2 Nishi Shinjuku, Shinjuku 163-1055, Tokyo Prefecture (Shinjuku)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #1 of 74 Hotels / Ryokan in Shinjuku
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Always A Great Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I won't spend much time discussing the hotel or the room (well-documented in previous reviews). There is nothing about either the hotel or the rooms to deter one from booking at least once for a special getaway, and you will likely get hooked on their absolutely fantastic service. I always get the impression that if I manage to press the elevator call button myself, the staff feels they have failed to get to it first; they are that attentive to service. In fact, the hotel e-mailed me, a few days ahead of our stay, asking about the age of our daughter (6) in order to prepare some child-appropriate amenities, and they did not disappoint. Child-size robe, slippers, personal toiletries kit, and a cool little strawberry plate with various sides for dipping were just a few of the nice touches provided. Our rate included breakfast at Girandole, which still remains one of the best hotel breakfasts I've ever had. The view always seems to keep us at the table for an hour or so, sipping our third or fourth coffee. The pool is also a must-do each stay and is incredibly relaxing, especially very early or very late when few, if any, guests are there.

The shuttle from Shinjuku is our primary way of getting to the hotel, but its pickup location can be tricky for first-timers: Head for West Exit and go up first set of stairs you find to street level. Observe the elevated walkway that takes you over the central taxi/bus stand in front of the station. The Shinjuku L Tower is directly across from the large Odakyu sign and is the building the walkaway takes you to. Take the walkway directly to the opposite side of the station. You should see a Starbucks on the ground level of the Shinjuku L Tower as you get close. Take the stairs down on your right and the pickup point is indicated by a sign next to the building (about a hundred feet to the right of the Starbucks entrance). They pickup at 10, 30, and 50 past the hour.

Cherry blossoms are in full bloom and a trip to Shinjuku Gyeon Park is practically a requirement in spring. We spent a day at Tokyo Dome City (take JR Line from Shinjuku to Suidobashi) which is full of family entertainment. Cosplayers are out in full force here, which is a sight to behold. We've stayed at the Park Hyatt Tokyo three times now and have yet to be disappointed, and probably never will...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Everything is perfect. The staff from the first moment you arrive,the restaurants and the large rooms. The hotel is located at the top 14 floors of the building and the view is magnificent.
One of the very best hotels I've stayed at in the whole world.

Sapporo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel from Mar 15 to Mar 17, 2013. The room (park deluxe) was enough spacious for 2 people and decorated with nice oriental taste. The number of rooms is small but the number of employees is not small. So the employees can pay attention to every detail of you. The pool of this hotel is located on the top floor with very nice view of Tokyo. It's worth for staying here only to swim in this pool or get relaxed around the pool. And there are so many complementary activities including yoga lessen, aerobics in the pool and so on everyday that you can stay this hotel all day long without being bored. The rate of this hotel is certainly not cheap but it's worth every penny if you want to get warm hospitality called "omotenashi" in Japanese. The only minor negative point is it's location. It's 10 to 15 minutes walk to the public transportation. But it's good for your health. I highly recommend this hotel out of the hotels with the same rate in Tokyo.

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

As every other reviewer will tell you, the hotel is outstanding, the scenes from Lost in Translation are great and the service is impeccable. I agree.

All that said, the best part is the location. Just a short walk from Shinjuku nightlife, Harajuku Anime craziness and a peaceful park means you can do anything from here without having to worry about taxis and trains all over Tokyo. Stay here, save yourself the traffic and public transport headache, especially if you don't speak Japanese, and just enjoy getting lost in every alley the area has to offer.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The Park Hyatt in Shinjuku is my favorite hotel in the world. No doubt, it is an expensive indulgence, but I absolutely love everything about it. I first stayed at the Park Hyatt on a business trip 14 years ago (1999), and have been in love with it ever since. My wife and I just returned from a 5-night stay (part business, part leisure), and it was even better than I remember.

Just after we checked in, I told my wife that the hotel was so beautiful it made my heart ache, and I just wanted to share it with everyone I know.

There are just so many good things - I'll pick a few to comment on:

The service: The excellent service started from the moment we arrived; our bags were taken, and we were escorted up to the check-in area on the 41st floor. We were greeted by a member of the staff, and we sat down at a fine desk in order to complete our check-in. We were able to quickly arrange train tickets to Kyoto and a couple of nice dinner reservations. All of the service is friendly and efficient, and the staff is courteous and helpful at every turn.

The food: We ate at Girandole, the European-style all-day restaurant, for breakfast every day. The buffet is expensive, but fantastic. Everything was perfect, down to the cup of coffee, which is one of the best I've ever had. My wife had the hot chocolate and reported the same.

We ate at the New York Grill, which is simply spectacular. I love the vibe. The views are amazing, the staff is great, the restaurant design is excellent. We enjoyed our steaks, although they were not the best we've ever had (by now, our expectations were pretty high).

We had drinks at the Peak Lounge on the 41st floor. My martini and my wife's Bellini were both perfect, and the vibe and views make you want to just stay there all night.

The room: Outstanding. Comfortable. Views of Mt. Fuji. Great shower. Nice, roomy bathroom. Huge closet. Lovely design touches. The bed was comfortable, though perhaps a bit firm (no box springs).

The design: I love the design of this hotel. It has held up exceptionally well over the years. I love the wood and the lighting and the style of the rooms. It's just beautiful.

I was pleased to have free wifi that worked well. We didn't use the TV at all - better to just stare out the window.

I could go on and on. The Park Hyatt Tokyo is my favorite hotel in the world.

Room Tip: We had a Park Deluxe King room on the 42nd floor, and I just loved the layout or fung-shui or whatev...
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This hotel is outstanding-- the room I had was the basic room with a king bed on the 42nd floor. It was not huge but it was perfectly thought out. The bathroom had a deep tub, fantastic shower and great amenities, Of course there is 24 hour room service and with the jet lag I had to order dinner one time at 3 am and it came within 8 minutes. Every room has incredible views of Tokyo because of how high up the hotel is. This is an amazing choice if you have to do business in Tokyo because the room has everything a business traveler needs to work easily, including adapters, a nice desk, and free wifi. It is also so quiet- you would not know there are other guests there! The gym and pool at the top level is an absolute must-visit. I took at 6 am swim in the rooftop glassed-in pool and looking out of the windows, Mount Fuji was there in full view- truly stunning!

Room Tip: You cannot go wrong here but if you could ask for a room with a view of mt fuji you will be even hap...
Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

How lucky to have a chance to stay at this wonderful hotel. Everything about it was impeccable. If you have the money this is the place.

There are a few nice restaurants and a mini mart in the basement but they close early.

You can conveniently take the WE bus that comes by the front of the hotel every 30 minutes and takes you to the Shinjuku Station for cheap.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice the way the Hotel is built there are many corner suites and all are 41 floor and...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Park Hyatt Tokyo? Share your experiences!