“Great Bed” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Tokyo

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Tokyo to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Tokyo
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2-7-2 Nishi Shinjuku, Shinjuku, Tokyo Prefecture 160-0023, Japan   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #5 of 69 hotels in Shinjuku
Brisbane, Australia
“Great Bed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

The located is in the Shinjuku district, the hotel is ok if you want to be out of the way from the hustle and Bustle, on the hotel web site says only a ten minute walk to the main train station, I walked it twice couldn’t even get close to 10, it’s more like a comfortable 15 minute walk, the Hyatt does run a free regular shuttle bus that takes you to the Shinjuku shopping strip and Train station takes about a 5 minute trip, beats walking
We arrived late evening after taking the limousine bus which runs both ways Narita airport to the Hyatt about an hour drive and $30 each would use it again.
We booked the club room and have done this in other city and found it unusual here that we were not allowed to have breakfast in either areas of the hotel, had to be in the Regency Club Lounge that offered breakfast tea service and evening cocktails, compared to other hotels I’ve stayed in it was average for the price you pay.
All staff that we came into contact with where all very friendly and customer focused, the cleaning staff that did our room each day (4 nights) were excellent and very helpful.
Another down side is that you need to pay for internet access, 300 yen per day but it is per device. So if you have a number of devices the cost could mount up, although if you are in the club lounge you do get free Wi-Fi but you are paying a lot more for your room

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

1,032 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I've stayed at many Hyatt's in Asia and loved all of them. This hotel was good but it wasn't as amazing as most of the Hyatts in Asia. The lobby is very large and nice. Check in was very easy and the man checking me in was very nice and upgraded me to a Deluxe Room. I thought the Deluxe Room was very nice. The toilet is in a separate room than the shower. The window to the room was small but had an amazing blackout shade and I slept really well. Since I am a Platinum member I got free wifi which worked very well. The hotel is right across the street from the government building. In terms, of location it is pretty good but Not the best for Shinjuku. It is at least a 7-10 minute walk to the center of Shinjuku. I would not walk late at night by yourself from Shinjuku center to the hotel, since most the walk is in a deserted business district. Also, I would not walk from Shinjuku station to the hotel with heavy baggage. I tried doing it but had to end up taking a taxi because I got very lost. In terms of the hotel services, there were long lines for everything such as the concierge and the restaurant. At times I thought this was like a large convention hotel. For the price it was a very good value and I would stay here again

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

After a 10-hour flight from San Jose (CA), we arrived at Narita to then take a two-hour train ride to Shinjuku station - the most transited station in the globe. Walking out of there trying to find the correct exit which would lead us to the hotel was close to a nightmare! This was our first time in Japan, so it was a very exciting moment for us.

After an hour wandering around the station, we found the correct exit and finally arrived at the gorgeous Shinjuku skyscrapers area. The Hyatt was one of the nicest buildings around.

Upon entering the humongous lobby (one of the tallest I've seen, along with the biggest chandeliers in the world) two eager Japanese clerks approached us and took our bags to the check-in agent.

In less than 5 minutes, we were issued our key cards and directed to our rooms in the 16th floor.

Rooms were spotless. Clean and with a very nice scent. Beds, albeit a tad hard, were comfortable enough for a great sleep.

The view from our room was breathtaking, with a natural park full of trees on the right-hand side, and the Shinjuku district building on the left. In the background, some of Tokyo's most symbolic places could also be seen.

We requested to have Wi-Fi access, so we had another nice staff member come up to our rooms and install a rather obsolete router which, however, delivered the fastest internet speed I have ever experienced in my life... Asia, I believe!!!

The TV options aren't the best. There are the usual CNN/BBC/FOX channels, so don't expect much.

The bathroom is OK, nothing out of the ordinary. The toilets have the usual Japanese bidet function which I was reluctant to try.

Breakfast, even though it isn't included in the room's rate, was quite good. Several western options, such as omelettes, croissants and yoghurts are available. My only complain is that when crowded, they fail to replenish the buffet quickly.

All in all, it's an amazing hotel located in the best district in Tokyo. It's 5 minutes away from the Station and the staff is professional and corteous. Airline crew often stay at this hotel. We managed to spot Alitalia and Air France's crew.

There is a shuttle that runs from the hotel to Narita and Haneda every hour for about 25 US Dollars.

Completely recommend it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Hyatt Regency set the standard for hotels for our visit to Tokyo. When we checked in, we were upgraded to a deluxe room. We booked a standard, non-smoking. The deluxe room have a separate toilet to the bathroom and the standard you would expect from a 4 star hotel.

It is not located close to the Shinjuku shopping strip but a regular shuttle bus takes you to the Shinjuku station which allows you to walk to the shopping strip and restaurants. There is also a shuttle bus that takes you to the airport which is very convenient.

The down side is that you need to pay for internet access. Though it is only 300 yen per day but it is per devise. So if you have a number of devises the cost could mount up.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Located in the Shinjuku district, the hotel is well located for travelers who want to explore the Shinjuku area, but there are no really nice restaurants and bars located in walking distance. Interior is not really modern style any more, but in good condition and (of course, the hotel is in Japan...) very clean. Spacious rooms at comparatively reasonable rate. Have staid in more expensive rooms of half (!!) the size. Very well trained, friendly and customer oriented staff, apparently all speak English. Excellent star rated french restaurant Cuisine(s) of Michel Troisgros. Connection to Narita airport by limousine bus which starts at the Hyatt.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

To begin with the airport shuttle drops you and picks you up at the doorstep. centrally located. Have shuttle bus which is very regular up to the shijuku train station.

Good buffet breakfast spread.

Nice rooms and excellent room service.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was my second and third stay at the Hyatt Regency Tokyo. The 1st time last March we actually had one not very nice person. This time it was my husband and me it was our anniversary we usually go on trips to celebrate our anniversary. This was a special year and the lady at Gold Passport put that in the notes. We got a card and a single rose which was nice but I have gotten much nicer amenities and upgrades over the years staying at Hyatt and this year I am Diamond so yes I did expect more. The people were nice but not as nice as other Hyatt that we have stayed at. The Regency Club was very good the wine selection was not as good as it had been the previous year..The Canvas wines are boring and lacking. The sparkling wines was good. The food selections were very good. The people at the club work hard but again not as friendly as others. The Hotel has a shuttle bus to and from Shinjuku station which is very convenient. The airport bus also drops off and picks up at the Hotel which is great. The room was clean. The last day the housekeeper made a little bird out of paper for us on our 2nd stay this month. I think that was the nicest touch of our stay. I think the convenience and the club make a definite to stay again; but the little extra touches Hyatt is known for need work.

Room Tip: IF you are club level ask to stay on the floor where the club is located as it is the only one with...