This is my second time staying at the Hyatt Regency Tokyo and the service from the staff here has been consistently great. The staff are courteous and helpful, and speak decent English.
The hotel is more of a business hotel rather than a luxury hotel, and the decor is nowhere near fancy. However, it is definitely one of the cleanest and tidiest hotels that I've ever stayed in, not to mention that the rooms are quite big and comfy for Tokyo standards. The bathroom is also bigger than I expected and the toilet is in a separate room next to the main bathroom. Some of the rooms were probably renovated as the shower in our room was immaculate and looks almost brand new, which was a pleasant surprise to me since I knew the hotel itself is quite old. The hotel offers a wide range of toiletries that should satisfy most travelers; however, I was quite disappointed that they don't have hair conditioner. Luckily there is a 7-11 right around the corner.
Location wise, the hotel is located in a quiet business area which is around a 10 minute walk to the nearby Shinjuku tourist district and subway station. They do have free shuttle buses connecting the hotel and the Shinjuku area however it is not very convenient as the shuttle bus only runs every 20 minutes.
I haven't tried any of the restaurants as they all seemed quite expensive. For local Japanese food, I recommend walking or taking the shuttle to Shinjuku which is a food heaven with an abundance of choices for all types of local dishes.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Tokyo Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Tokyo Hotel Shinjuku
- Hyatt Regency Shinjuku
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Tokyo
- Hyatt Tokyo
- Shinjuku Hyatt
- Hyatt Regency Tokyo Shinjuku
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Business-oriented High-rise Hotel with seven-story Atrium, situated in commercial area of Shinjuku, facing Shinjuku Central Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Otel, Rakuten Travel, Jalan, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your Hyatt Regency Tokyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.